John McGinn

PompeyVillan

59 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’d be amazed how far north Inverness is! We live about 20 mins from Inverness and it’s 460 miles from our house to The Holte End, a place I miss more than I can put into words. Still Hibs is relatively close at 171 miles away so if we set up a friendly I’ll be there!

Not in Forres, are you?

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

Grealish and McGinn have long contracts and are the future of our midfield, if Grealish goes (which would be a travesty but if we don't go up FFP pressures would be a big lever on the club to sell) then the midfield gets built around McGinn. If we go up then I reckon we can keep them both and build a team around them, that should be plan A even if we stay in the Championship. 

Either way if and when McGinn moves on if you lot have a sell on clause you'll be well in the money.

I think they need each other to thrive for Villa anyway. I keep banging on about Jack fitness but if stayed fit last 2 months i could see McGinn near 15 goals now

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they need each other to thrive for Villa anyway. I keep banging on about Jack fitness but if stayed fit last 2 months i could see McGinn near 15 goals now

You're not wrong! Teams chase Jack all over the park and this causes lovely space for McGinn to run into. How many goals has he scored from outside the box now.

I'm trying to think of the last genuine goalscoring midfielder we had....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Near Kiltarlity, 20 minutes west of Inverness. I past through Forres yesterday funnily enough, do you live in Forres?

Used to (go Can-Cans!). Love that part of the world.

Back on-topic, that McGinn eh? Have my babies you absolutely beautiful bastard.

18 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’d be amazed how far north Inverness is! We live about 20 mins from Inverness and it’s 460 miles from our house to The Holte End, a place I miss more than I can put into words. Still Hibs is relatively close at 171 miles away so if we set up a friendly I’ll be there!

The woman who sits next to me in lower Holte lives in The Highlands, attends 90% of games.  If it snows when she's down here she has to pay someone to take her sheep in. 

I cant believe the round journey she makes most weeks.  The Championship must kill her with all the midweek games. 

She wasn't there yesterday I assume because of the snow in Scotland. 

I've sat 1 seat away from her brother since the new Holte opened. 

Edited by sidcow

I honestly think he is the most unifying of any player (or topic for that matter) that I can remember on this forum. Let's be honest, us lot would argue about what day of the week it is bit I have yet to read a negative comment about him. And that also includes any hibs forums I may have stumbled across. It's weird and I'm not sure I like it

Edited by TheMelvillan
Fat fingers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I honestly think he is the most unifying of any player (or topic for that matter) that I can remember on this forum. Let's be honest, us lot would argue about what day of the week it is bit I have yet to read a negative comment about him. And that also includes any hibs forums I may have stumbled across. It's weird and I'm not sure I like it

Speak for yourself, I think he's shite. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

The woman who sits next to me in lower Holte lives in The Highlands, attends 90% of games.  If it snows when she's down here she has to pay someone to take here sheep in. 

I cant believe the round journey she makes most weeks.  The Championship must kill her with all the midweek games. 

She wasn't there yesterday I assume because of the snow in Scotland. 

I've sat 1 seat away from her brother since the new Holte opened. 

That’s amazing, she certainly puts me to shame. I was a season ticket holder for years until we moved up here in August 2017 and still had one last season despite the move. This season I’ve only been to one game, WBA, meh. 

Give her my admiration next time you see her. 

6 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Used to (go Can-Cans!). Love that part of the world.

Back on-topic, that McGinn eh? Have my babies you absolutely beautiful bastard.

My wife is from Inverness and we have a 4 year old daughter. We moved up to be closer to her grandparents, both of my parents have passed away. 

Having been up here for 18 months I love it and have no desire to move back, it’s just great. I miss some good mates and of course The Villa. 

That McGinn, what a player!!

Â