Thierry Henry

TRO

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The talks likely only start once Bruce is out of the door. I am sure if all the talk is true then initial talks have happened with Henry to make sure he's receptive to the potential role, but I don't think the new manager negotiation process happens while the current manager still has his job.  

I don’t want Henry but I think you’re being naive. If they were after him I think it would be farther down the road than seeing if he is receptive before kicking Bruce out the door.  Maybe disrespectful but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me given a lot of deals are done/close to being done before they should.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Fabregas and Semaan were of course the stars of the show, both wearing striking, jewelled, white outfits as they kissed for the cameras.

The couple were joined by four of their five children, Leonardo, Lia, Capri and Joseph, for pictures - the eldest, Maria, was the only one not in the snaps.

Lebanese-born Semaan, 43, is 12 years older than her new husband, but that has not stopped romance blossoming and Fabregas proposed in December 2017. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5988547/Team-mates-past-present-attend-Cesc-Fabregas-post-wedding-party.html 

For some reason I read the first line as Fabregas and David Seaman being stars of the show, and sat wondering why David Seaman would have been the star at a wedding party. I then continued the sentence, it got weirder and I then realised David Seaman was not there.

Little story for you to take your minds of the pending managerial rumours of the day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t want Henry but I think you’re being naive. If they were after him I think it would be farther down the road than seeing if he is receptive before kicking Bruce out the door.  Maybe disrespectful but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me given a lot of deals are done/close to being done before they should.

Spot on. If Bruce is dismissed today, then everything will already have been agreed with the new manager. We're not gonna sack Bruce and then start negotiating, we could end up with no manager!

Wasn't there a rumour that the meeting was planned for yesterday but moved back till today.......wouldn't be becuase Thierry was in Ibiza I wonder?

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wonder if Thierry is having words with Terry regarding the club.

"I'll bring you in as assistant manager" whispered Thierry.

God I hope not, One inexperienced person I can get over but I hope if Henry comes in he’ll have the wisdom to get some experience as his number two 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

God I hope not, One inexperienced person I can get over but I hope if Henry comes in he’ll have the wisdom to get some experience as his number two 

Jean Tigana or someone of his ilk would be nice. Might get us passing the ball and not thumping it around the pitch until it's black and blue. 

15 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Spot on. If Bruce is dismissed today, then everything will already have been agreed with the new manager. We're not gonna sack Bruce and then start negotiating, we could end up with no manager!

Wasn't there a rumour that the meeting was planned for yesterday but moved back till today.......wouldn't be becuase Thierry was in Ibiza I wonder?

Whenever a manager is sacked everyone says 'ah well xxx is lined up' - strange as it seems very often clubs sacks manager with no replacement in the wings.

From what people tweeted the talks with Henry were very tentative - no transfer budget or salary was discussed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You mad? Terry managed Chelsea to CL win. RDM was a passenger to that dressing room

26 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wonder if Thierry is having words with Terry regarding the club.

"I'll bring you in as assistant manager" whispered Thierry.

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You mad? Terry managed Chelsea to CL win. RDM was a passenger to that dressing room

What about Henry head coach and Terry as player/coach? One question that has been raised about Henry is whether he has the capacity to organise/coach a defence, something that Terry would do! Terry certainly knows the club/team as well so has that benefit. Think an experienced assistant would go down well but not quite sure who would fit the bill/willing to be assistant... 

37 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Maradona won the World Cup single handily, even better let’s get him instead....lol

A player is different to a manager even a great captain.

Edited by nick76

Tom Ross seem to think it's a bad idea :D

Outspoken local radio personality Tom Ross has hit out at talk of Thierry Henry taking over at Aston Villa and has labelled the new owners as 'autograph hunters'.

In a blistering attack on talkSPORT, the BirminghamLive columnist also slams the game of football as 'morally bankrupt'.

Speculation is mounting that Steve Bruce will today leave Aston Villa and be replaced by Thierry Henry , a move that Ross believes would be a bad one for Villa. Listen to his rant in the video above.Who would you

He told the radio station: "Steve Bruce in three transfer windows spent £2.5m net, players were earning fortunes at Aston Villa.

"Steve inherited all that, got rid of seven players out on loan, brought in five players that got this club that was in a shambles financially to within one game of the Premier LeagueHenry 'agrees to replace Bruce'

"I think there needs to some loyalty to a man of Steve's class. His record of getting teams out is excellent.

"The new owners are autograph hunters.

"Thierry Henry is one of the game's great players, but he has only played with great players.

"He has only coached great players at Belgium with Roberto Martinez.

"How's he going to work in the Championship? A league he knows nothing about.

"How's he going to work out dealing with Championship players week in and week out.

"It just shows how morally bankrupt the game is from top to bottom."

Bruce will meet Aston Villa’s new owners for crunch talks over his future today.

It’s understood that the new controlling duo of Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens are keen to stamp some authority down after landing a 55 per-cent control of the club last week.

A managerial change is under consideration with sources close to Thierry Henry suggesting he has been lined up as a replacement.

There’s no official word on whether the new regime will back or sack Bruce at this stage, but a decision will be made in the next 24 hours.

The £2.5m combined pay out for Bruce and his back room team is not an issue, and it’s understood that despite the club's Financial Fair Play concerns, money will be made available for new recruits in the transfer windows ahead.

Aston Villa and Steve Bruce face a pivotal day - oh and there's a match tonight too

But the pressing issue is deciding which man leads Villa into the Championship season Bruce, boss of 21 months has been preparing the squad for another campaign.

But those close to Henry claim that he is on the verge of agreeing to become the new boss.

Villa take on West Ham at Walsall in their latest friendly this evening.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-owners-autograph-hunters-14949041

Edited by sne
  • Confused 1

it was more the bit about dealing with championship players...can tom now please explain exactly how they are different? unless he's suggesting that there is a gulf in quality

but of course he wont question Bruce on why there is a gulf in quality...

our current 25 man squad, 15 of them have played in the PL, 12 of them have international caps, a further 6 have been capped at U21 level

safe to say he's talking bollocks

Edited by villa4europe