Thierry Henry

TRO

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yeah but way it is its going Henry wont be in the door until Friday at earliest. Then he has to see the players to see who he likes or doesnt like in the squad and then probably has to wait until January to make changes and he is stuck with players he doesnt rate.

Also a chance he has never seen some of our players play

I think its kamikaze to make change this late in pre-season

i dont get this assumption that he doesn't watch us or the championship, maybe because sky's go to villa guy merson blatantly never watches us (he's quiet on this) he will know the core of our team

who he likes or doesn't like is no different from Bruce, both of them can get a starting 11 and match day squad out of our team, we arent that bad and most importantly we have goalscorers if we can create chances, we also happen to have players who can create chances

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Will every summer transfer window now end before the season closes? 

I think it will a was brought in as 4 players refused to play last season until got a move. Van Dijk, Coutinho, Sanchez and think Mahrez were all refusing to play

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

i dont get this assumption that he doesn't watch us or the championship, maybe because sky's go to villa guy merson blatantly never watches us (he's quiet on this) he will know the core of our team

who he likes or doesn't like is no different from Bruce, both of them can get a starting 11 and match day squad out of our team, we arent that bad and most importantly we have goalscorers if we can create chances, we also happen to have players who can create chances

We do? Hogan is injured and Kodjia is good but he gets a good few injuries. no other senior strikers in squad

i might be wrong here but the 4th place CL playoff is getting ditched next season too (all 4 are automatic) so there isnt that problem in august (i think they might also be ditching being cup tied in the CL)

not sure on the loan market, that should stay as extended IMO to give some of these kids a chance to leave after their parent club have panic bought on the last day

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i might be wrong here but the 4th place CL playoff is getting ditched next season too (all 4 are automatic) so there isnt that problem in august (i think they might also be ditching being cup tied in the CL)

this season its gone. no qualifiers for top leagues :(

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bruce signed and sold him from Sunderland

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Keane was well gone by the time Bent got there.

Maybe you are thinking about another fat arsed bellend in Chopra?

I was thinking in terms of Keane as Lambert's assistant - Bent was still at Villa when Keane was assistant manager.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I was thinking in terms of Keane as Lambert's assistant - Bent was still at Villa when Keane was assistant manager.

Blimey, I forgot all about him even being here.

That was a good week tbf

Just now, Zatman said:

Head coach usually has sporting director doing all transfers in europe

I'd be fine with that set up.

Obviously depending on who it is