Thierry Henry

TRO

2 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Please don’t tell me this was a nothing story after all that ?‍♂️

Not at all, he’s still coming but as assistant to Pepe, who says he is bored with winning at Man City. We’ll soon cure that Pepe, welcome aboard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not at all, he’s still coming but as assistant to Pepe, who says he is bored with winning at Man City. We’ll soon cure that Pepe, welcome aboard!

We have enough money now for pep to be slightly interested...

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmm. .  Is that the Milwaukee Bucks. He knows Wes Edens already? 

That was an exhibition match in London two years ago against the NY Nicks. Plenty of pro footballers and other ‘celebs’ in attendance. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I can’t believe how much mass hysteria has built up over a few lines on nonsense in the Daily Star. There is not a single piece of evid3nce that suggests Henry is coming to the Villa. 

The two new owners are not the sort to make rash decisions. They are serious business men who will take a medium to long term view. Business development is what they do. Bruce is the current Villa manager and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

8 hours ago, jim said:

I’d rather we got rid now than wait a few months into the season. Another season in the championship written off.

At least get someone in now,  half way through pre season gives us half a chance. 

i think it all comes down to everyone's expectations of this squad...those like the above think that the squad is good enough for promotion and that a different manager can achieve that. i personally think this is a mid table squad (certainly if JG leaves) that, with the wrong manager, could also be relegated. henry is an unknown and it could go very badly wrong. at least with bruce, i cant see us going down

• Like 2

Even if we do want Henry - there is no mad rush IMO - By the time he has a contract signed and is ready to go - the transfer window will be set to slam shut.  If they wanted to bring him in and give to time to bring in a few players I don't think they would have waited over a week - every day would have been a day wasted. 

Sure they might want to be honourable and sack Bruce face to face - but time was\is of the essence they could have phoned him or get a villa official to deliver the news.

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Even if we do want Henry - there is no mad rush IMO - By the time he has a contract signed and is ready to go - the transfer window will be set to slam shut.  If they wanted to bring him in and give to time to bring in a few players I don't think they would have waited over a week - every day would have been a day wasted. 

Sure they might want to be honourable and sack Bruce face to face - but time was\is of the essence they could have phoned him or get a villa official to deliver the news.

Over a week? You’ve changed to Brucie time!

1 hour ago, McParland’s Boots said:

That was an exhibition match in London two years ago against the NY Nicks. Plenty of pro footballers and other ‘celebs’ in attendance. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I can’t believe how much mass hysteria has built up over a few lines on nonsense in the Daily Star. There is not a single piece of evid3nce that suggests Henry is coming to the Villa. 

The two new owners are not the sort to make rash decisions. They are serious business men who will take a medium to long term view. Business development is what they do. Bruce is the current Villa manager and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Oh hello Thierry, fancy seeing you here.......?

Well Thierry is partying in Ibiza...would of thought he would be here talking to the new owners if he was about to become our new manager surely?

"Stars including Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and John Terry attend glamorous post-wedding party of Cesc Fabregas and Daniella Semaan"

"A string of A-list stars including Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and John Terry partied together at Cesc Fabregas' post-wedding party in Ibiza on Tuesday night.  

Chelsea star Fabregas tied the knot with Daniella Semaan in May, however the couple waited until the height of summer - and after the league season and World Cup - to hold their celebratory bash.

It took place on the Balearic island and was the perfect place for any football fan hoping to catch a glimpse of some of the game's biggest names."

"There were also reminders of Fabregas's youthful days as a Gunner, with former goalkeeper Jens Lehmann and the club's all-time top scorer Thierry Henry in attendance at the party.

Henry, like Terry, was taking a break from Villa-related rumours amid talks he is on the verge of replacing Steve Bruce as manager following a takeover at the Championship club.

Fabregas and Semaan were of course the stars of the show, both wearing striking, jewelled, white outfits as they kissed for the cameras.

The couple were joined by four of their five children, Leonardo, Lia, Capri and Joseph, for pictures - the eldest, Maria, was the only one not in the snaps.

Lebanese-born Semaan, 43, is 12 years older than her new husband, but that has not stopped romance blossoming and Fabregas proposed in December 2017. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5988547/Team-mates-past-present-attend-Cesc-Fabregas-post-wedding-party.html 

Edited by ViewFromT2

4 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Well Thierry is partying in Ibiza...would of thought he would be here talking to the new owners if he was about to become our new manager surely?

The talks likely only start once Bruce is out of the door. I am sure if all the talk is true then initial talks have happened with Henry to make sure he's receptive to the potential role, but I don't think the new manager negotiation process happens while the current manager still has his job.  

9 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

"Stars including Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and John Terry attend glamorous post-wedding party of Cesc Fabregas and Daniella Semaan"

"A string of A-list stars including Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and John Terry partied together at Cesc Fabregas' post-wedding party in Ibiza on Tuesday night.  

Chelsea star Fabregas tied the knot with Daniella Semaan in May, however the couple waited until the height of summer - and after the league season and World Cup - to hold their celebratory bash.

It took place on the Balearic island and was the perfect place for any football fan hoping to catch a glimpse of some of the game's biggest names."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5988547/Team-mates-past-present-attend-Cesc-Fabregas-post-wedding-party.html 

Bad journalism since Fabregas in Australia on pre-season and played tuesday vs Perth

I remember when Pochittino replaced Nigel Adkins at Southampton. Everyone said it was outrageous as Adkins had got saints promoted and Poch was inexperienced and achieved nothing. Fast forward a few years and Poch is managing Tottenham in the champions league and Adkins is managing a mid table championship side. I can see some parellels with our situation and can see Bruce and Henry following a similar trajectory. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bad journalism since Fabregas in Australia on pre-season and played tuesday vs Perth

Not really......

"Maurizio Sarri has promised to bring the fun back to Chelsea and the early indications are that the Italian is a man of his word.

The new Blues boss has allowed a number of his players time off to attend Cesc Fabregas' wedding celebration in Ibiza on Tuesday evening.

Sarri had intended to cancel days off that had been arranged by Antonio Conte, but has come to a compromise with many of his players invited to the event."

"Chelsea arrived back in London on Tuesday morning after the 1-0 win over Perth Glory on Monday brought their short pre-season trip to Australia to a successful close. 

They will return to the club's training ground in Cobham for rehab and a warm-down before the wedding party.

Wednesday's session has been made optional before full training resumes on Thursday. 

Fabregas shared a picture of them back on home soil on Tuesday, with the Spaniard posing outside a jet on a runway."

• Like 1