Thierry Henry

TRO

34 minutes ago, jim said:

Just euro talk for manager

more head coaches than old school managers in the premiership these days aren't there? it's time the old school manager thing died a death for me.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd be fine with that set up.

Obviously depending on who it is

If Henry does come in, Head Coach would be the appropriate role, I'd suggest. That's plenty for him to deal with at this stage, I'm sure there would be a sporting management structure put in place to support him. DOF, analysts, scouts etc etc. who he'd work closely with but who would do the "manager" role that an old school manager would do.

• Like 1

Regardless of if I think Henry is a good appointment or not, the media in England are not to be taking serious iin their opinon about if he is a good appointment or not, as they are so biased it's unbelivable, they will back an "old'ish dinosaur has been there done that, Bruce, McCleish, Hodgson, Pardew, British manager" everytime. There is better chance of hearing CNN praising Trump than there is to hear the British media be negative about one of their loved ones/friends and to back the foreigner younger one. 

I am so sick and tired of the old British managers, I still like to follow the Premier league as a neutral, but the bottom half teams have been destroyed by these "dinosaur, hoof ball and only buy the tried and tested managers". 

These managers may keep you up for a season or two, or get you promoted from the Championship, But in the long term, these managers nearly always do more damage than good. 

Yes, Garde may have learned under Wenger and failed for us, but every manager in the world would have failed that season. I am sure given time he would have succeded. RDM even only got 10'ish games, where we for the most part actually looked good and were really unlucky. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Regardless of if I think Henry is a good appointment or not, the media in England are not to be taking serious iin their opinon about if he is a good appointment or not, as they are so biased it's unbelivable, they will back an "old'ish dinosaur has been there done that, Bruce, McCleish, Hodgson, Pardew, British manager" everytime. There is better chance of hearing CNN praising Trump than there is to hear the British media be negative about one of their loved ones/friends and to back the foreigner younger one. 

I am so sick and tired of the old British managers, I still like to follow the Premier league as a neutral, but the bottom half teams have been destroyed by these "dinosaur, hoof ball and only buy the tried and tested managers". 

These managers may keep you up for a season or two, or get you promoted from the Championship, But in the long term, these managers nearly always do more damage than good. 

Yes, Garde may have learned under Wenger and failed for us, but every manager in the world would have failed that season. I am sure given time he would have succeded. RDM even only got 10'ish games, where we for the most part actually looked good and were really unlucky. 

Exactly. Look at the final top 6 in the PL last season. Not a dinosaur Brit amongst them. Foreign managers are streets ahead of the game!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

In fairness they were both clubs without a manager.

I think this is more about "being fair to Bruce" than anything against Henry being a manager.

This is a good point actually and Bruce has lots of love by his media buddies. Hadn't made the connection, but that makes total sense.

10 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Henry Head Coach, an experienced no2 (Bould) Van Persie as No2 and a sporting director? Will work for me ?

Van Persie? 

Wtf we be in right shit

13 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Henry Head Coach, an experienced no2 (Bould) Van Persie as No2 and a sporting director? Will work for me ?

Van Persie? He'd be off sick for most of the season as he'd probably break his leg trying to sit on the bench.

Image result for unbreakable

13 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

You say experienced number 2 then suggest van Persie who I don't even think has retired yet. I don't even know where to begin with how bad that suggestion is. 

Wonder where all these stories came from then ?

either we dicked henry around ..or he was never even under consideration  ... or maybe he quit Sky & Belgium for another job and all will be revealed