Thierry Henry

TRO

19 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Their time definitely overlapped - he may have played pre-season with Keane before being loaned out?

Keane was well gone by the time Bent got there.

Maybe you are thinking about another fat arsed bellend in Chopra?

24 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Their time definitely overlapped - he may have played pre-season with Keane before being loaned out?

Bruce signed and sold him from Sunderland

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Perhaps we have learned from our mistakes and have decided that managers off the managerial gravy train have got us to where we are now and a complete change in culture is what we need. Risky yes, but to progress I feel we must take a different direction, and if that’s to be with Thierry Henry then fine. Fingers crossed, hang on and enjoy the ride. :flag:

Unfortunately, our new owners (investors?) have made no mistakes to learn from - or maybe they have studied our recent history very closely and can see where we have gone wrong.

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

It's a problem alright. If only there were some way to travel between Ibiza and Birmingham in a few hours.

Alright clever clogs I mean he isnt going to just leave the wedding is he

There was almost universal praise in the media for Rangers and Derby when they appointed Gerrard and Lampard respectively. 

The level of negativity around Henry is therefore quite surprising. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

There was almost universal praise in the media for Rangers and Derby when they appointed Gerrard and Lampard respectively. 

In fairness they were both clubs without a manager.

I think this is more about "being fair to Bruce" than anything against Henry being a manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Bildresultat för they took our jerbs

2 days, 12 days, it doesn't matter. If you think you're in the wrong path you get off it, no matter how far down it you've travelled. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Btw we kick off in 12 days first game of season. 

This season looks like already a write off

No signings, no sales.

Season starting soon and apart from new owners (obviously a big and important change) we are pretty much where we were when the season ended.

WC and late takeover obviously plays a huge part in this. Next season very much up in the air at this point.

Window closing earlier also not helping. We do seem to have bad timing when it comes to rule changes, all the way back to number of teams qualifying for the CL and ongoing.

31 minutes ago, midian said:

Alright clever clogs I mean he isnt going to just leave the wedding is he

I thought it was just the after-party and it was yesterday? He may well be in Birmingham now.

Alternatively it still could all be rubbish ?

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It's amazing how inept clubs are at doing transfer business while a world cup is on. We have our own (major) issues but if you look at the big clubs very little transfer business has been done. It was absolute madness to close the transfers in window when the season starts (albeit well intentioned). 

I fully expect this season to be a transitional one with the only caveat being if we manage to keep Grealish. If we could keep him then we would have a chance for promotion. 

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

why?

henry comes in and we suddenly forget how to play football and lose all our games? 

its a massive test for Henry to judge where the squad is right now and how much of a philosophy change he wants to implement but i dont see it as being that much of an issue (assuming we stay as no one sold, chester and grealish get sold and then Bruce has big problems too)

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

why?

henry comes in and we suddenly forget how to play football and lose all our games? 

its a massive test for Henry to judge where the squad is right now and how much of a philosophy change he wants to implement but i dont see it as being that much of an issue (assuming we stay as no one sold, chester and grealish get sold and then Bruce has big problems too)

yeah but way it is its going Henry wont be in the door until Friday at earliest. Then he has to see the players to see who he likes or doesnt like in the squad and then probably has to wait until January to make changes and he is stuck with players he doesnt rate.

Also a chance he has never seen some of our players play

I think its kamikaze to make change this late in pre-season