Thierry Henry

TRO

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I didn’t think he was that bad at all. 

I’m pretty surprised by the amount of dislike for Henry. Even with the handball thing - let it **** go. Jesus. 

Let's face it Ireland have been cheating by picking people who aren't really Irish for decades.  Swings and roundabouts.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm Irish and never cared, the referee should have bore more of the brunt of the criticism.

It was actually Paul Mcshane's and Given's fault for letting a 50 yard straighy dead ball punt to bounce in the 6 yard box, but Given being glued to his line is standard. How they can feel aggrieved is beyond me. Do your **** job.

Have i just read that appointing Henry could be a blot in our history, and that it throws a negative light onto our new owners?

Are some posters forgetting we neally went into administration as far back as last Friday? Dear or dear, i have reservations about Henry aswell, but fecking hell, have a break

What is making my brain hurt is, are these two new owners "casual football fans" that have heard about Henry and therefore want him as manager, simply cause he is the biggest name available? or do they actually have a plan, is there someone that is knowledgable about football behind them advising them? If we bring in Henry, then we have to spend money, as  I simply can't see Henry getting the best out of players such as Whelan, Jedinak etc. Exciting, but I am extremely nervous and unsure about Henry. Also worried about how a player like Grealish will react to the appointment, he seems to be really fond of Bruce, though I do feel like Grealish could be one of the players to really benefit from the appointment. 

Only three weeks to go of the transfer window! might become hectic, though I am getting a RDM vibe. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Have i just read that appointing Henry could be a blot in our history, and that it throws a negative light onto our new owners?

Are some posters forgetting we neally went into administration as far back as last Friday? Dear or dear, i have reservations about Henry aswell, but fecking hell, have a break

Exactly my sentiments. We very nearly didn't have a club to support. Thankfully we have so let's just enjoy the ride eh?

If Bruce stays then fine. If not, then that's okay too.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

Potential upsides:

1. He's not Steve Bruce

2. He doesn't look like a potato or have a face like a fist. 

3. He might not have us playing dinosaur hoofball

4. He looks great in a suit unlike our current co-chairman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

What is making my brain hurt is, are these two new owners "casual football fans" that have heard about Henry and therefore want him as manager, simply cause he is the biggest name available? or do they actually have a plan, is there someone that is knowledgable about football behind them advising them? If we bring in Henry, then we have to spend money, as  I simply can't see Henry getting the best out of players such as Whelan, Jedinak etc. Exciting, but I am extremely nervous and unsure about Henry. Also worried about how a player like Grealish will react to the appointment, he seems to be really fond of Bruce, though I do feel like Grealish could be one of the players to really benefit from the appointment. 

Only three weeks to go of the transfer window! might become hectic, though I am getting a RDM vibe. 

Refer to the post 3 above yours.

We will never know the answer to your question but why let something like that hurt your brain when it could have been way worse.

2 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Well sod a lot of you lot and your negativity. I for one am excited about the prospect of Henry. We know where Brucie's ceiling is, and it's with hoof ball and being a nearly team with some shocking winless runs, and some impressive runs of wins. For me, to get the furthest in anything you have to take gambles, sometimes they fall flat and sometimes they pay off... As a player Henry didn't really have a ceiling, he ended up banging the goals in for one of the biggest clubs in world football, playing under managers like Guardiola, Rijkaard and Wenger. He's clearly retained a lot from those days, you can tell just by the way he speaks about the game. He's a lover of the game, is well respected and could bring sexy back to Villa Park. If it doesn't work, fine, but at least we gave it a shot rather than sticking with Brucie and looking on with jealousy after someone like Monaco take him on and he turns out to be the next Deschamps. At least we gave it a shot.

Hear hear ✊

I don't know what to think.  One minute I'm giddy like deadlydirk ^^^ up there and the next I see this as an exact repeat of the RDM debacle. On balance I think a change is probably for the best, but crikey it's a risk and I really hope there is a bigger team in place to support this.