Thierry Henry

TRO

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Alan Nixon now saying Bruce might get a stay of execution

Hedging his bets...

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

So the Daily Star made it up then?  Surely not

My theory is that they probably want Henry - but might give Bruce a very short term benefit of the doubt - also Nixon is suggesting that paying out his contract might be an issue for FFP  - Perhaps when the season is underway and the new owners have completed there review, and we have a bit of money banked from player sales - Henry would probably still be available , and they move then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Other than when he cheated against Ireland.

Edit: I’ll caveat that with the fact I’ve got nothing against Henry. But if I were Irish I definitely would and we do have a lot of Irish fans.

He cheated against Villa in 2004 and then said it was fair decision

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Hmm, that was a hell of a lot of smoke today for there to be no fire.

I still think Henry is highly probable - but perhaps in a few weeks - not days.

When new owners come in, sure they want there own man - but tend to stick with the incumbent in the short term, perhaps because there is so much to sort out.

I’d rather we got rid now than wait a few months into the season. Another season in the championship written off.

At least get someone in now,  half way through pre season gives us half a chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

I’d rather we got rid now than wait a few months into the season. Another season in the championship written off.

At least get someone in now,  half way through pre season gives us half a chance. 

This. I just don't see the point in sticking with Bruce, who failed to get us promoted with a much better squad than the one he will have this season.

Unless, he's bullshitted the owners saying that all he needs is a few million to resign Snodgrass on loan, as well as Alex Bruce and then we've got a great chance. He hasn't spent much as Villa manager remember. ?

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Best player in Premier League history.

Let's hope he can emulate that in management,

worked for Roy Keane and Alan Shearer who were probably best players in Premier League history ;)

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

worked for Roy Keane and Alan Shearer who were probably best players in Premier League history ;)

Well if Thierry emulates Keane’s first managerial job of taking over a struggling team and getting them promoted first time of asking, will do for me.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

My theory is that they probably want Henry - but might give Bruce a very short term benefit of the doubt - also Nixon is suggesting that paying out his contract might be an issue for FFP  - Perhaps when the season is underway and the new owners have completed there review, and we have a bit of money banked from player sales - Henry would probably still be available , and they move then.

Can see that happening...IF SB has similar results to how we started last season (1 win in 7) he won't make September so still 40 games for new manager to make a difference. Whether its Henry or someone else comes on the radar.

Henry could be great or he could be another Zola.

If we're going down the big name route I'd go for Bilic or Quique Sanchez Flores.

He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, he failed to get us promoted, that was the remit. I want him gone, replace him with one of the menstrual bearded ladies off loose women for all I care, he's **** shit. word removed! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Can Henry make our players pass to each other instead of inexplicably passing to the opposition? That was our biggest problem last year, if he manages that trick I'll be impressed. 

Mind you if we can start retaining the ball from our own throw ins and leave someone up front at corners that would help a heck of a lot I reckon. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

He’ll need a lot more of those soon.Hmm is that the Milwaukee Bucks? He knows Wes Edens already? 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmm. .  Is that the Milwaukee Bucks. He knows Wes Edens already? 

giphy.gif

Certainky looks like it, and I would imagine they have met in that case. Someone as high profile as Henry, renowned for loving NBA isn’t going to be sat court side without meeting an owner, who is vey hands on with his franchise and attends games. Or maybe it’s a coincidence, but certainly adds up.  

• Like 1