Thierry Henry

TRO

4 minutes ago, Warnock said:

He’s a Blues fan and TalkSport invite him on to talk about his good friend Steve Bruce? Hmm I wonder what could possibly be said ?

He's TalkSport's Midlands football expert...

I heard it earlier and it was not the "blistering attack" that the mail  suggest. He and the other presenters all seemed to be agreed it was an unnecessary gamble.

• Like 1

darren bent now getting in on it on talksport

"one of roy keane's problems was he couldnt understand why our players weren't as good as him" saying henry will be the same

had Hendrie on moaning that Henry hasnt managed any where

safe to say they are pro bruce

Edited by villa4europe

Can Tom Ross explain who's responsible for Lansbury being on 40k a week allegedly? Hogan similar? I don't believe Bruce has nothing to do with it. It's very easy to give Bruce credit for sales that were going to be made anyway but his permanent signings are pretty junk as he only really plays Hourihane full time. Kind of sick of Bruce only had x amount net spend

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dick said:

Tom Ross is a prat. Did he ever criticise Bruce's results, poor performance, or failures?

Or, is he too white and too british.

what do you mean exactly?

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is there anyone, anywhere in the media suggesting this is the right thing to do?

not that I've seen, the guardian ended their article by saying the last time we appointed a frenchman tutored by Wenger it was Garde

the mirror dragged in Henry's agent and suggested that he was the man responsible for all of blues troubles (well it couldnt be arry's fault could it?)

found one! the express (dean ashton) suggests that we will have a better transfer draw from Henry joining (which i agree with)

Edited by villa4europe

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can Tom Ross explain who's responsible for Lansbury being on 40k a week allegedly? Hogan similar? I don't believe Bruce has nothing to do with it. It's very easy to give Bruce credit for sales that were going to be made anyway but his permanent signings are pretty junk as he only really plays Hourihane full time. Kind of sick of Bruce only had x amount net spend

The Lansbury thing I find really hard to get my head around. It surely can't be true can it? All the rest of the wages I understand for the most part they were Prem players taking a step down but Lansbury - £40k a week it is so insane I just can't comprehend it. 

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The Lansbury thing I find really hard to get my head around. It surely can't be true can it? All the rest of the wages I understand for the most part they were Prem players taking a step down but Lansbury - £40k a week it is so insane I just can't comprehend it. 

I think the theory is he was going to be out of contract in the summer so would have commanded a big singing on fee and wages from a club then. Madness we paid those wages and 3 mill to Forest on top. The justification would have been we were going for promotion so needed him now I guess.

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

darren bent now getting in on it on talksport

"one of roy keane's problems was he couldnt understand why our players weren't as good as him" saying henry will be the same

Bent never played under Keane

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The Bruce excuse was that players coming in needed to be paid more to be able to deal with the pressure of playing here ?‍♂️

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

found one! the express (dean ashton) suggests that we will have a better transfer draw from Henry joining (which i agree with)

I think this is not quite the same as saying we should get rid of Bruce for him though.

Its probably a mute point anyway as we can't spend any money :lol: 

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

I think the theory is he was going to be out of contract in the summer so would have commanded a big singing on fee and wages from a club then. Madness we paid those wages and 3 mill to Forest on top. The justification would have been we were going for promotion so needed him now I guess.

Yep granted but I find it hard to believe that had he waited until the summer that there would have been anyone out there mad enough to pay him £40k a week. 

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's true that Bruce would have made the decision to bring these players to the club, but blaming him for transfer fees and wages is wrong. This isn't FIFA or Football Manager, the board, CEO and finance team handle that part of the deal and should be the ones taking the blame for our wage bill.

The thing for me on this is that nobody from Henry's camp has come out and denied anything is going on involving another man's job. Not that anyone has to, but I would just expect something to come out given how much publicity this is getting.

Liam Ridgewell also has doubts about Henry

Former Aston Villa defender Liam Ridgewell has warned his former club they could be making a mistake if they replace Steve Bruce with Thierry Henry.

It's D-Day at Villa today with Bruce meeting the club's new owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens to discuss his future.

The meeting takes place against the backdrop of massive speculation suggesting that Thierry Henry has already agreed a deal to become the club's new manager.

Ridgewell believes axing Bruce could be a huge error by the new owners.

He told talkSPORT: "Last season Steve Bruce had to get rid of a lot of dead weight, a lot of players who didn't want to be there and a lot of players getting paid a lot of money.

"He had to deal with that. Then he had to deal with a tight budget to rebuild the team and get people in to try and get promoted. They nearly, nearly did that.

Steve Bruce or Thierry Henry as Aston Villa boss? Here's how you voted

"It was a shame they didn't, and they now have to start again and go with a fresh young approach which a lot of teams are doing.

"They won't get any more experienced than Steve Bruce, the grind of the Championship is going to be tough and you need that experience.

"Bringing money in doesn't always solve all the problems, you have to have the right people in the right places and the right players.

"You can't just go young, you need experience and you have to spread that throughout the team.

"Thierry Henry is obviously an exciting and talented young manager that everyone is talking about, but nothing is guaranteed.

"For a club like aston Villa, this would be a big, bold, step.

"Thierry Henry is such a big name who has done well with Belgium, but it's big step.

"New owners come in and they want a big name, big players, it doesn't always work.

"We had it at Birmingham City with Carson Yeung and sometimes the players coming in don't fit the team.

"That has to be remembered and I think Villa fans will be hoping that the owners come in and just take a second to think about these things."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/this-big-bold-step-aston-14948934

Bildresultat för liam ridgewell toilet

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yep granted but I find it hard to believe that had he waited until the summer that there would have been anyone out there mad enough to pay him £40k a week. 

The wages thing just makes players harder to shift rather than actually impacting finances though. If we had paid 6 million and stuck him on 20k per week over 3 years it would work out the same as 3 mil fee +40k. The monthly outgoings would be about the same either way as the cost of the transfer would more than likely be spread over the 3 years.

Derby had offered 2.5 million for him so guess we had to beat that if we wanted to sign him that January and as a free agent a few months later he could have probably got himself close to 2 mil per year (40k p/w) at quite a few clubs with no transfer fee involved

Edited by LakotaDakota

If Henry is in Ibiza for Fabregas wedding it worries me if he has the job he wont be at the club for a few days and that leaves players in limbo surely so close to the start of season?