Time for a takeover

Jareth

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Bit sexist. There may have been brownies there as well.

Horribly off topic, but that is far from sexist. Actually it is... but not in the way many think traditionally. You get girls in the scouts now (there have been girl scouts for years... but now, girls are in the boy scouts too), but demonstrate to me any boy in the brownies? Sexism - all one way.

Carry on ?

Edited by Raver50032

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Horribly off topic, but that is far from sexist. Actually it is... but not in the way many think traditionally. You get girls in the scouts now (there have been girl scouts for years... but now, girls are in the boy scouts too), but demonstrate to me any boy in the brownies? Sexism - all one way.

Carry on ?

Staying off topic for a second more and risking lighting a very explosive fuse, the brownies admit children who were assigned male at birth but now self-identify as female. As young as 5. Does that meet your challenge?

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Staying off topic for a second more and risking lighting a very explosive fuse, the brownies admit children who were assigned male at birth but now self-identify as female. As young as 5. Does that meet your challenge?

Staying off topic a 3rd time, i didn't think fuses were explosive??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Staying off topic a 3rd time, i didn't think fuses were explosive??

That thought occurred to me as I typed it but I thought I'd leave it to see if anyone would be enough of a smartarse to pick it up! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That thought occurred to me as I typed it but I thought I'd leave it to see if anyone would be enough of a smartarse to pick it up! ?

It was a slow burner but @jacketspuds got there in the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

The fact he says they have shown no concern might mean they've concluded that they don't want ot take action at this time, but looked into it. Might not be fake news at all. 

Nah it's definitely fake news by all those "Aston Villa Haters" TM

DAB ON THE HATERS TONY!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Don't worry, I've worked it all out......linking several recent rumours....it all makes perfect sense!

Rumour of current interest by a group that have previously been linked with a take over = RED BULL

Current Head of Global Football for Red Bull = GERARD HOULLIER - Previous manager of Aston Villa

THIERRY HENRY - Played for New York Red Bulls in MLS 

So obvious, can't believe Gregg Evans hasn't sussed it yet!

Sorted! ?

Well, at least we will be good on the wings ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Don't worry, I've worked it all out......linking several recent rumours....it all makes perfect sense!

Rumour of current interest by a group that have previously been linked with a take over = RED BULL

Current Head of Global Football for Red Bull = GERARD HOULLIER - Previous manager of Aston Villa

THIERRY HENRY - Played for New York Red Bulls in MLS 

So obvious, can't believe Gregg Evans hasn't sussed it yet!

Sorted! ?

Would be great to be taken over by Red Bull.  :thumb:

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It would kill the club more. RB Villa wearing white and red playing at Red Bull Park

I think the club is already on the life support machine if we believe what we read.

Red Bull's clout and following alone would put our name on the map for sure, exposure etc.

Yes some of the renaming would happen, Redbull Training complex etc. But it's no different to what Xia has tried to do with the Recon Brand?

Also, Red Bull like to be seen as a dominant brand so I doubt we would be in the championship very long either.

All hindsight although interesting. :thumb:

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think the club is already on the life support machine if we believe what we read.

Red Bull's clout and following alone would put our name on the map for sure, exposure etc.

Yes some of the renaming would happen, Redbull Training complex etc. But it's no different to what Xia has tried to do with the Recon Brand?

Also, Red Bull like to be seen as a dominant brand so I doubt we would be in the championship very long either.

I agree. A few years ago I would've laughed at the idea but now, sod it. It'd be one hell of a fun experience I think.

Just as long as they don't get rid of the claret and blue, then all good.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

First off, I really don't think Red Bull are about to buy us.

BUT I remembered this conversation last time around, and a post I wrote at the time.  I decided to test the powers of Google by entering "Aston Villa Red Bull nurembergvillan" and lo and behold it appeared!

Obviously this post is 5 years old now, but I still believe in the premise - irrespective of who may buy the club.

On 19/11/2013 at 12:23, NurembergVillan said:

I think that's an interesting aspect and one which I can argue against.  Whilst they've done that to gain promotion of the brand in Austria and New York, they are two clubs who otherwise enjoy little if any global coverage and who aren't commented on very often.

Manchester City are owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family, and research last year suggested that around 90% of the brand recognition of Abu Dhabi is through Manchester City.  They haven't had to change the name because the coverage of the Premier League and Champions League is such that it is mentioned regardless.  Etihad on the shirts is enough of a reminder.

Paris St Germain are the lead vehicle for the Qatari Investment Authority, and again people know that because of their actions and the further commentary on what has prompted those actions.  Emirates on the jersey serves as the reminder.

Could Red Bull in the Premier League, Serie A or La Liga operate in the same way?  A Red Bull shirt branding but without a name change.  Pumping in cash, achieving success and being recognised for that?

For as much as they've achieved publicity through name changes thus far, they can't take the other route.  A Zlatan or Aguero aren't going to play in Salzburg or New York whilst still in their prime.  It just won't happen.  They could buy a big club in a big league and achieve the brand recognition they crave in a different way because it's a different platform.

So another hypothetical scenario - Red Bull Arena instead of Villa Park.  Red Bull sponsor logo.  Club remains Aston Villa and the kit remains claret and blue.  You in or you out?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be honest at this stage I couldn't give a monkey's who takes over the club or what they do with it as long as they us back into the top 8 in the premier league where we belong. Shithousing around with the dregs in the chumpionship, never able to compete to win anything proper or yoyoing up and down from the top division like the tesco bags doesn't interest me at all. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

First off, I really don't think Red Bull are about to buy us.

BUT I remembered this conversation last time around, and a post I wrote at the time.  I decided to test the powers of Google by entering "Aston Villa Red Bull nurembergvillan" and lo and behold it appeared!

Obviously this post is 5 years old now, but I still believe in the premise - irrespective of who may buy the club.

I'm in. Very good post.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Every club they have taken over they have changed the colours and tried to erase the history as there takeover as start date

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I have deliberately not kept up with events too closely as they are quite depressing but is there any actual talk of a takeover with any parties identified or are fans just putting out wishlists?

Xia has confirmed himself that he has received some bids for minority stakes. Various journos are reporting that Friday is D-Day. If we are not sold or a % sold then we risk admin next week. There are a number of interested parties ranging from full buyout to a % stake. Up to Xia to pick the right option. I feel that will be the right option for him not necessarily for us fans. 

• Like 3

Â