Time for a takeover

Jareth

Just now, Villa_Vids said:

Two stage offer according to Gregg - majority control and then a full takeover.

Would be the best case scenario for us I think. A takeover would take weeks to complete which may leave us vulnerable but initial investment will help get us out of the immediate crap, help us pay any bills etc and then sort the full takeover out a bit further down the line. Please, please be true.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

This is just typical Villa.

Finally land ourselves an arab billionaire but he can't spend any money.

?????? expand please.

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Source/link please

20 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I with-hold my emotions until I see confirmation of any news.

Same here, we have trodden this path many times before and usually end up disappointed. I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Wouldn't this positively affect FFP. I thought a new owner is not responsible for debts for FFP purposes. I'm sure Iread that somewhere, perhaps someone could confirm or otherwise!

29 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Twitter says majid al futtaim is the new owner. Anybody heard of them him??

Copy and pasting that into google brings up the following website

Looks liek a business rather than a person

Built from a single vision

Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. 

A remarkable business success story, Majid Al Futtaim started from one man’s vision to transform the face of shopping, entertainment and leisure to ‘create great moments for everyone, every day’. It has since grown into one of the United Arab Emirates’ most respected and successful businesses spanning 15 international markets, employing more than 40,000 people, and obtaining the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately-held corporates in the region. 

Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 21 shopping malls, 12 hotels and three mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region. The shopping malls portfolio includes Mall of the Emirates, City Centre malls, My City Centre neighbourhood centres, and four community malls which are in joint venture with the Government of Sharjah. The Company holds exclusive rights to the Carrefour franchise in 38 markets across Middle East, Africa and Asia, and operates a portfolio of more than 210 outlets in 15 countries. 

Majid Al Futtaim operates 318 VOX Cinema screens and 32 Magic Planet family entertainment centres across the region, in addition to iconic leisure and entertainment facilities such as Ski Dubai, Orbi Dubai and Ski Egypt, among others. The Company is parent to the consumer finance company 'Najm', a fashion retail business representing international brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, AllSaints, lululemon athletica, Crate & Barrel and Maison du Monde. In addition, Majid Al Futtaim operates Enova, a facility and energy management company, through a joint venture operation with Veolia, a global leader in optimised environment resource management. The Company also owns the rights to The LEGO Store and American Girl in the Middle East and operates in the food and beverage industry through a partnership with Gourmet Gulf. 

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2

Seems an appropriate time to ask. Would you rather the new mega rich arabian fella -

A) Throw it all at promotion with two fingers up at FFP come what may

B - sell Grealish and Chester and Kodjia and build sustainably?

31 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Come on pal! Do it for the believers!! Or are you happy with what you've heard or is it cause for concern 

What's in the press is true. Let's face it, anything is good news over Xia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Seems an appropriate time to ask. Would you rather the new mega rich arabian fella -

Got to be B hasn't it? Well the heart says that, the head? not sure!!

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

B

But i'd want a complete rebuild centered around our youngsters with a new manager.

It's not just a squad overhaul we need it's a complete change of footballing philosophy.

I think were far too negative as a side.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

C - Keep Grealish, Hourihane & Chester. Sell as many of Kodja, Elmo/RDL, Hogan, Lansbury,  Jedinak, Whelan and pretty much everyone else who gets an offer and is on high wages.

Play the kids, build the team properly with smart signings. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Sick of these overseas absent owners - I want a bloke called George from Alum Rock to buy us. 

Apparently Xia told him no.....He wanted a larger than 20% stake. Minted he is aswell. Owns the Fruit & Veg shop at the Pelham!

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Wouldn't this positively affect FFP. I thought a new owner is not responsible for debts for FFP purposes. I'm sure Iread that somewhere, perhaps someone could confirm or otherwise!

New owner has no impact on FFP.  We're still hamstrung by that.

Only difference will be that we aren't having to put the catering ovens on eBay to avoid the tax man closing us down.

• Like 2

Â