Time for a takeover

Jareth

20 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've been thinking all along "why haven't we sold players yet?" If we're so desperate for cash, then we surely would have sold someone by now. But no, nothing at all. It's got to be quiet for a reason.

Maybe it's because we are actually in the process of a takeover. I'm beginning to think it's more and more likely we are.

Because other clubs know the situation we are in and know that the longer they drag it out the lower the price for our players will eventually become. Especially as our situation appears to be getting bleaker every day.

17 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Because other clubs know the situation we are in and know that the longer they drag it out the lower the price for our players will eventually become. Especially as our situation appears to be getting bleaker every day.

Yep...and the by product of this will be to destabilise the current season too. 

This could have all been avoided if he had taken any of the financial offers to put us on solid ground for at least this summer.

Edited by Nigel

6 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

But Stoke have already offered 5 million for Chester, which we rejected. How much lower can they go?

If you were a smart club owner you would wait until the last week of the transfer window before placing bids for Villa players as thats when the club will be in a state of panic and prices will be slashed.

I can see us having a decent team against Hull... but then by the Wigan game we will be down to bare bones.

He needs to sell the club, accept whatever offer is on the table and cut his losses. There's no coming back from the state of what he has done to the club, and even with investment for a % of the club from someone the fans will never trust him again.

We need someone to come in with, and I hate to say it, a Doug Ellis mentality. We can only spend what we have, we need to put a plan in place with football people at the top and begin to sign young players for less money rather than the current scattergun approach of signing ageing 'experience' on long, high paid deals. The current approach hasn't worked for the last 10 years and so continuing in this way will see the end of this club.

47 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/07/17/aston-villa-ownership-d-day-looms-for-tony-xia/

Not sure how much truth is in this, but Express and Star saying Xia is in the UK and has accepted he needs to sell. We might see a takeover or investment this week.

As soon as the story says "we understand" it means "We know nothing but it would be a pretty good stab in the dark to say this because of what's going on which everyone else can see so we might get lucky and guess right

They have even had the foresight to caveat it with being either a full blown takeover OR additional investment, so hedging their bets still further

Move along people, nothing to see here.  They might be right, they might be wrong, but they don't actually know anything.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

As soon as the story says "we understand" it means "We know nothing but it would be a pretty good stab in the dark to say this because of what's going on which everyone else can see so we might get lucky and guess right

They have even had the foresight to caveat it with being either a full blown takeover OR additional investment, so hedging their bets still further

Move along people, nothing to see here.  They might be right, they might be wrong, but they don't actually know anything.

I prefer to think they do know something and we're going to get taken over by a multi billionaire who knows how to run a football club and will take us to the Champions league within 3 seasons. I like my story better than yours.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's happening gif then?? ?

26 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

But Stoke have already offered 5 million for Chester, which we rejected. How much lower can they go?

Well if our situation gets worse then we may be in a position where we HAVE to accept these sort of bids in order to literally keep the club existing.

They can then go 'Nah, we'll give you £3m now' and we may be in no position to reject it.

2 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Well if our situation gets worse then we may be in a position where we HAVE to accept these sort of bids in order to literally keep the club existing.

They can then go 'Nah, we'll give you £3m now' and we may be in no position to reject it.

I can't see how our situation could get a lot worse really. I'm surprised we were in a position to turn down 5 million. If they know that there's no way we're going to get more than that for him and in a few weeks we'll probably get even less than that, then why not just accept and take the 5 million?

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I can't see how our situation could get a lot worse really. I'm surprised we were in a position to turn down 5 million. If they know that there's no way we're going to get more than that for him and in a few weeks we'll probably get even less than that, then why not just accept and take the 5 million?

You’re expecting sensible decision making from Dr Xia. He doesn’t have  a great track record does he?

• Like 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

You’re expecting sensible decision making from Dr Xia. He doesn’t have  a great track record does he?

Yeah, to be fair, I thought that exact thing as I was typing but I pressed submit reply and couldn't be bothered to type it! ?

• Like 1

Â