Time for a takeover

Jareth

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Apparently Xia told him no.....He wanted a larger than 20% stake. Minted he is aswell. Owns the Fruit & Veg shop at the Pelham!

Incorrect - he owns the butchers shop - and is therefore interested in a larger Steak ! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Seems an appropriate time to ask. Would you rather the new mega rich arabian fella -

A) Throw it all at promotion with two fingers up at FFP come what may

B - sell Grealish and Chester and Kodjia and build sustainably?

Would we actually be looking at one of the two and nothing else?

I was under the impression we find ourselves in this predicament due to cashflow issues from China.

Would a new owner not be able to rectify some of our issues like we were going to do through bank loans on future transfer fees?

Sensibly cash injection now to keep us from going under - taking full control as the takeover goes through - getting the legals done to meet this months bills - then onto the full takeover.  W eve been burnt a couple of times with overseas owners, I am not celebrating yet, if indeed any of this is true. 

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

New owner has no impact on FFP.  We're still hamstrung by that.

Only difference will be that we aren't having to put the catering ovens on eBay to avoid the tax man closing us down.

**** it...call the ground abu dhabi park for 300m sponsorship...FFP solved and we'll win the prem in 2020 while we're at it

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That rings a bell with me, or was it just a beautiful dream?

Here is the Gregg Evans tweet.

I'm expecting a follow up tweet - "Sorry, I misspoke - Understand a middle east group haven't lodged a two-stage offer."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

New owner has no impact on FFP.  We're still hamstrung by that.

Only difference will be that we aren't having to put the catering ovens on eBay to avoid the tax man closing us down.

Haven't we already borrowed against the value of said catering ovens to cover half of Ross McCormack's weekly Tennent's bill? 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Seems an appropriate time to ask. Would you rather the new mega rich arabian fella -

A) Throw it all at promotion with two fingers up at FFP come what may

B - sell Grealish and Chester and Kodjia and build sustainably?

A conundrum indeed. If they are really, really rich A all the way. If they are Dr T clones definately B

43 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That rings a bell with me, or was it just a beautiful dream?

Here is the Gregg Evans tweet.

Oh Dear

It's a Gregg Evans "Understands" tweet ?

Never mind

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I'm expecting a follow up tweet - "Sorry, I misspoke - Understand a middle east group haven't lodged a two-stage offer."

Like everything on twitter I assume it has been rigorously researched and triple sourced before publication. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Copy and pasting that into google brings up the following website

Looks liek a business rather than a person

Built from a single vision

Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. 

A remarkable business success story, Majid Al Futtaim started from one man’s vision to transform the face of shopping, entertainment and leisure to ‘create great moments for everyone, every day’. It has since grown into one of the United Arab Emirates’ most respected and successful businesses spanning 15 international markets, employing more than 40,000 people, and obtaining the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately-held corporates in the region. 

Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 21 shopping malls, 12 hotels and three mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region. The shopping malls portfolio includes Mall of the Emirates, City Centre malls, My City Centre neighbourhood centres, and four community malls which are in joint venture with the Government of Sharjah. The Company holds exclusive rights to the Carrefour franchise in 38 markets across Middle East, Africa and Asia, and operates a portfolio of more than 210 outlets in 15 countries. 

Majid Al Futtaim operates 318 VOX Cinema screens and 32 Magic Planet family entertainment centres across the region, in addition to iconic leisure and entertainment facilities such as Ski Dubai, Orbi Dubai and Ski Egypt, among others. The Company is parent to the consumer finance company 'Najm', a fashion retail business representing international brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, AllSaints, lululemon athletica, Crate & Barrel and Maison du Monde. In addition, Majid Al Futtaim operates Enova, a facility and energy management company, through a joint venture operation with Veolia, a global leader in optimised environment resource management. The Company also owns the rights to The LEGO Store and American Girl in the Middle East and operates in the food and beverage industry through a partnership with Gourmet Gulf. 

It is actually both... The owner of the corporate shopping mall and retail (not far away from Xia's primary focus) Group is the Al Futtaim Family headed by one Majid Al Futtaim, the second richest guy in the Middle East. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majid_Al_Futtaim So probably not true or if true, their interest is Villa Park and the sourrounding area just as Xia has been interested in. High level and complex real estate development in and around Birmingham will be a gold mine for the years to come.  

Edited by Hughes
Typos

Â