18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

6 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Leeds couldn't ask for an easier game than Boro. It's basically a bye.

You do realise Leeds have failed to beat Middlesbrough this season? 0-0 & 1-1 

Middlesbrough beat them 3-0 last season as well. 

If there's one team I want Leeds to get, its Middlesbrough - and I've been saying it for a few weeks for this very reason.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

In this instance I was hoping I was wrong. Awful ko time. Couldn't they have at least made ut at 2pm ffs

From a results perspective there have been 5 lunchtime First Leg kick offs in the last 10 years.

The Home side ( who of course finished lower in the table) have made it to the Final in 3 of the 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s quite tough to call who is going to get that 6th place finish. Will the Tesco bags go for the potential 3rd place finish? You can’t see Leeds not getting at least a point at Ipswich, but you never know after last weekend. My instinct tells me Derby will win at home because they have more to gain, but I just can’t shake this sneaking feeling I have about Boro stealing 6th. In any event, it doesn’t matter who gets through as long as we’re at 100%. If we are then we can be very confident. 

Edited by OxfordVillan

Trying my best to be positive, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's not going to happen. I don't feel like we have been playing the way we all know we can for the last few games. We have to be at our absolute best to dispatch baggie and then leeds/derby/Boro. We possibly look a little tired also. Jack is in and out of games and if tammy isn't fit I just don't trust kodj

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't shift this awful feeling in my stomach! Someone please reassure me!

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't shift this awful feeling in my stomach! Someone please reassure me!

Yes, it's fine. We're going up. Jack screamer at Wembley to seal it. Written in the stars. 

It's a lottery GC. Thunderbirds territory aint it.

We are better prepared than last time. Our tails should be up. Everyone was sneaking a look over their shoulders at Fulham last year. That's us this year. Leeds game showed how rattled they are of us and we're never far from the thoughts of our closest neighbours eh? Boro? Derby? Who are ya?

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

You do realise Leeds have failed to beat Middlesbrough this season? 0-0 & 1-1 

Middlesbrough beat them 3-0 last season as well. 

If there's one team I want Leeds to get, its Middlesbrough - and I've been saying it for a few weeks for this very reason.

I would absolutely love it if we got to the final and get to play Boro!!

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Trying my best to be positive, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's not going to happen. I don't feel like we have been playing the way we all know we can for the last few games. We have to be at our absolute best to dispatch baggie and then leeds/derby/Boro. We possibly look a little tired also. Jack is in and out of games and if tammy isn't fit I just don't trust kodj

You are being paranoid. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The only team any third party would back is us right now.  Why on earth are people less than positive? 

Get a grip people. 

Because it's Villa and we usually f**k it up right at the last minute :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You're just Ginger.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You are not paranoid. The odds are against us going up.

Take Villa's wager (the better version of Pascal's).

What do we gain by assuming another failure? Nothing. May as well enjoy the ride and enjoy the hope of promotion for as long as we can. :)

We absolutely are in the box seat, playing the best football and we should go up.

Which is exactly why the playoffs are the least enjoyable football matches imaginable. Until we're 3-0 up in party time in the final, i'm so wracked with nerves that I can't enjoy a single second of it. Goals are merely a relief as opposed to something to celebrate.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Because it's Villa and we usually f**k it up right at the last minute :D

I was like that weeks ago but I've gone through it.  This feels different. 

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

That's true, buy they also have to beat us. And playing us isn't something they will be looking forward to right now.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The games already almost sold out for the first leg. Incredible support

Where it say this mate? 

I think they will release season ticket seats not taken up on Sunday. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

You are not paranoid. The odds are against us going up.

Take Villa's wager (the better version of Pascal's).

What do we gain by assuming another failure? Nothing. May as well enjoy the ride and enjoy the hope of promotion for as long as we can. :)

We are actually joint favourites with Leeds.