Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Is it as good as the first Avengers film?

I saw that at the cinema 4 times :lol:  

Proper nerded out on it. 

It's tight but I think it's better. Be interesting to see if it has the legs on rewatch because I've seen Infinity war so many times as there's nothing else to watch on planes.

Think I'll go again to this while it's in cinema

Well that was **** entertaining!!!!!

Spoiler

Found my legs shivering when the main battle was coming around. Had to force myself to sit still. Last time that happened was the Ride of the Rohirrim :D

I really didn't enjoy it, I'm actually shocked at the overwhelming positive reviews it is getting from everywhere.

Yeah it was a fitting end to the story but it was massively derailed by quite a lot of different things for me.

I'll try and get online at some point tomorrow to put my problems with it in spoilers tomorrow (it's late and I'm on my phone do I can't be bothered going into too much detail and messing with the spoiler boxes etc)

I'm guessing that my opinions will be pretty unpopular anyway.

• Confused 1

I thought it was brilliant but a couple of my friends who love these films more than I do came out of it quite disappointed, so you’re not not alone @leemond2008.

I’d need to see it again for a proper deconstruction but there’s only a couple of things that irked me...

Spoiler

1. Criminal underuse of The Hulk. I didn’t like what they did with his character but they at least could have got him to Hulk-out at the end? I know he was merged but, I dunno, I thought it was a bit lame.

2. So everyone’s come back as they were five years ago whereas everyone else who remained is five years older, right? Isn’t that going to create a shit-ton of continuity issues in future movies? The scene where Peter Parker returns to school implies that the kids who survived are seeing their friends who didn’t for the first time in five years, especially Peter and his friend, but shouldn’t his mate and the kids who survived all be five years older and in college by now?

I don’t really enjoy time travel in films, it causes way too many plot holes.

• Like 1

Here's £100.

Here's a kick in the nuts.

Repeat for 3 hours.

I've made £2,000,000 but my nuts really hurt.

I'm used to audience interaction from going to American cinemas but this is the first time I've seen something like this over here . You could hear people crying loudly throughout,  and when Cap went to B&Q a kid down the front jumped to his feet and screamed  " Yesssssssssssssss" like a football fan .

It isn't as good as Infinity War but as an ending they couldn't have done much better. It's not perfect but there aren't many films that can put you through the ringer like that. 

It's up there with Crocodile Dundee for sure.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I thought it was brilliant but a couple of my friends who love these films more than I do came out of it quite disappointed, so you’re not not alone @leemond2008.

I’d need to see it again for a proper deconstruction but there’s only a couple of things that irked me...

Hide contents

1. Criminal underuse of The Hulk. I didn’t like what they did with his character but they at least could have got him to Hulk-out at the end? I know he was merged but, I dunno, I thought it was a bit lame.

2. So everyone’s come back as they were five years ago whereas everyone else who remained is five years older, right? Isn’t that going to create a shit-ton of continuity issues in future movies? The scene where Peter Parker returns to school implies that the kids who survived are seeing their friends who didn’t for the first time in five years, especially Peter and his friend, but shouldn’t his mate and the kids who survived all be five years older and in college by now?

I don’t really enjoy time travel in films, it causes way too many plot holes.

Re: point 2

Spoiler

I believe the suggestion is that every single person at Peter's high school was in the 50% of life that was erased. Bit of a cop out, although I suppose there could be the possibility of the effects being more pronounced on Earth seeing as that's where the 'click' occurred. 

Absolutely agree with point 1. That is a really unsatisfactory end to Hulk's arc for me, unlike the other original 6 Avengers.

Having seen all of the overwhelming positive reactions before seeing it last night, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I was a bit of a late comer to the franchise, only caught up with all the movies at the back end of last year, so I'm not the biggest fan, but I do love spectacle that all those hours of film and budget allows on the big screen. 

I think it's top 5 in MCU movies, I don't think I'd put it in my top 3.

Spoiler

Curious about the Disney streaming series, I assume Loki will be his adventures in an apparent alternate dimension with the Tesseract (let's not go there with the 'reset' that the returning of the stones should have caused!), plus the Scarlet Witch / Vison series. She kind of gave the impression she had actual contact with the dead at the end. Not sure if there's precident for that in the comics? 

Well this wasn't really for me, but my friend who I went with liked it a lot.

Guess it depends on if you are invested with the characters or not. I'm not so it was all a bit boring.

Spoiler

Also hate time travel in movies as it is a cop out and always has issues. But I guess it was the only  possible way to make it work

It's well made thou and the fans seem to love it.

6.5/10 for effort.

Edit: The more I think about it the worse it gets. 

Edited by sne

Just got back from it with the family 

I thought it was pretty weak tbh , infinity war has survived numerous re-runs in our house on Sky , I don’t see this one getting the same treatment 

it had some usual Marvel funny bits that hit the mark but it was too long too bloated and too much shoehorned sentiment ... too many annoying bits in the film but listing them would involve many spoiler boxes 

it wasn't helped by everyone deciding it’s a film to take their 8 year old kids to , who aren’t capable of sitting still for 3 hours ... after the 28th kid exiting for a wee and leaving the door open you’d think future wee kids would recall how **** annoying it was .. but no kids aren’t programmed that way so the door spent most of them film open !!

maybe it was other people that stopped me really enjoying it , maybe a second showing at home will give it a more favourable outlook..

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I think it was an enjoyable end to the series which other films couldnt achieve, looking at you Return of the King :P Ruffalo and Hemsworth were standouts though Thor has been very enjoyable since leaving Asgard. Good to see Korg back too ;) FWIW I think Thanos was actually the good guy :D

Was one scene at the end which anti Captain Marvel fanboys are probably still bitter about 😂

Spoiler

the female characters all ganging up together

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just saw it but I have gaps in my Marvel watchlist.

Hide contents

Captain Marvel is just a win condition isn't she?

Spoiler

She's exceptionally powerful but other powerful beings can match her. Basically she can waltz through anything bar 'the big bad'. The same is true of, for instance, post Ragnarok Thor.

She's not a very good character. And never has been.

Saw it again today, still really liked it. Weird to hear people laughing, crying, cheering, clapping, all for one single film.

I do hope the kid who kept locking the back of my chair enjoyed it too. Little shit.

• Haha 1

Â