Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

I enjoyed the film but probably my biggest takeaway was that even the population of all living mammals on earth being halved cannot halt the progress of Audi Product development teams. 

The Progress of Audi Product Development Teams Is......Inevitable. 

I've always wondered but is that what Vorsprung Durch Techwhatever means? 

Edited by villaglint

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I've always wondered but is that what Vorsprung Durch Techwhatever means?

roughly  .... advancement through technology  and not product placement through Marvel :)

Edited by tonyh29

I know people have said for years the bubble will burst for Marvel but I do wonder if this is the peak. I dont know if people would be willing to make the same emotional investment as they have had in last 10 years or so

Not saying will be major flops or financial errors but I think numbers will be more realistic after this. Think I heard made over a billion already

Yeah I think I agree, endgame spoiler

Spoiler

Have they actually said if the BW film will go ahead or it was a bluff? Assuming it will be a prequel and I don't think that for a start will get the same level of interest

They still have enough in the locker to get films over $1bn, next black panther film for a start, it will be a "decline" where the films start to "only" take around $800m and that's before you take in to consideration what they could do with the characters Disney bought back for them, the xmen for example and you would think they will always want a successful F4 film and keep trying, I think it's the peak with the current roster but now they have more to play with 

The merchandise will continue to fly off the shelves though (which is where the star wars money is) not sure if there has been a resurgence in the comics and if they sell better because of all this, I would assume the answer is yes 

For me the big test will be in trying to introduce new actors into already established roles.

Spoiler

For example with Cap handing his shield onto Falcon does not work for me.  Falcon has shown no leadership abilities at all, which despite being a genetically engineered superhuman is one of the main roles of Cap in the Avengers.  The Character is so intrinsically tied to the actor it will be really hard to pass off that position to anyone.  I didn't want it to go to Bucky either as I find him dull as a good guy, there isn't really a good choice as Chris Evans has done such a good job it's hard to imagine anyone stepping in.  I suppose from the Avengers who remain and will be on earth for the majority of time Falcon may be the closest to Cap, as in the most likely to hold a moral position closest to the one Cap would, I just find it hard to imagine him, or Bucky or anyone really filling that void effectively. 

With Tony Stark gone we lose a lot of the humor and the devil may care attitude.  He also had the advantage of being a super hero you can instantly make vulnerable by taking his tech away.  I know we have Pepper Potts flying around in her own suit now, but that is a representation of the tech capability or Iron Man and in no way compensates for what a joy RDJ has been in that role.  The answer is probably to leave all these guys alone for a while and work on some new additions, there are plenty enough options in the Marvel Universe.

• Like 1

Saw it last night. LOVED IT

Spoiler

The death of black window was a real twist - no one saw that coming. We all knew Iron man or captain america would die in this film it was sad at times as we all now know its a end of era with the see films. I dont think even if they reboot this they will ever get such good actors to play the roles.

The good

The fight scenes, especially the climax when Dr Strange brings everyone back. Him and ant man had major roles in the last two movies. 

Thanos what a absolutely brilliant villain he was

Thor, absolutely hilarious in  this film.

I also liked the flashback parts of the film when you saw elements of the old avengers movies+

The bad

Hulk - they absolutely ruined him in this film. Made him goofy and look ineffective. Didnt like that

Captain Marvel - there was a lot of hype about her but she really did not add much to this movie 

As a big fan of Iron Man I didnt like his death!! I do understand it though had to be done to end the legacy.

Overall great film I loved it as much as infinity war. 

22 hours ago, Straggler said:

For me the big test will be in trying to introduce new actors into already established roles.

Hide contents

For example with Cap handing his shield onto Falcon does not work for me.  Falcon has shown no leadership abilities at all, which despite being a genetically engineered superhuman is one of the main roles of Cap in the Avengers.  The Character is so intrinsically tied to the actor it will be really hard to pass off that position to anyone.  I didn't want it to go to Bucky either as I find him dull as a good guy, there isn't really a good choice as Chris Evans has done such a good job it's hard to imagine anyone stepping in.  I suppose from the Avengers who remain and will be on earth for the majority of time Falcon may be the closest to Cap, as in the most likely to hold a moral position closest to the one Cap would, I just find it hard to imagine him, or Bucky or anyone really filling that void effectively. 

With Tony Stark gone we lose a lot of the humor and the devil may care attitude.  He also had the advantage of being a super hero you can instantly make vulnerable by taking his tech away.  I know we have Pepper Potts flying around in her own suit now, but that is a representation of the tech capability or Iron Man and in no way compensates for what a joy RDJ has been in that role.  The answer is probably to leave all these guys alone for a while and work on some new additions, there are plenty enough options in the Marvel Universe.

If they try do another avengers with these guys I can gurantee you it will flop. They are better leaving the franchise here 

On 29/04/2019 at 20:28, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think I agree, endgame spoiler

Hide contents

Have they actually said if the BW film will go ahead or it was a bluff? Assuming it will be a prequel and I don't think that for a start will get the same level of interest

They still have enough in the locker to get films over $1bn, next black panther film for a start, it will be a "decline" where the films start to "only" take around $800m and that's before you take in to consideration what they could do with the characters Disney bought back for them, the xmen for example and you would think they will always want a successful F4 film and keep trying, I think it's the peak with the current roster but now they have more to play with 

The merchandise will continue to fly off the shelves though (which is where the star wars money is) not sure if there has been a resurgence in the comics and if they sell better because of all this, I would assume the answer is yes 

The thing is they already have been producing films that are sub $1bn takes, and they seem happy with those. Doctor Strange, the Antman films, even Thor Ragnarok were sub $1bn box office (Strange and the Antman films were sub $800m iirc). There's still a lot of characters on the table for them to adapt, even if a bunch of them are really D-list they've shown they can take even the most obscure stuff and make a success of it.

23 hours ago, Straggler said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think they'll do this.

Spoiler

It's been fairly clear that the plan in this phase of the series has been to introduce new characters that will replace ones that were departing the series. Doctor Strange for instance was clearly being positioned to take the Iron Man role, the quick witted 'quipiness', the intellectual character. Black Panther takes a similar role to Cap, the straight man with basic physical strengths and honour. Captain Marvel is likely to end up being the Thor, the incredibly powerful cosmic entity, etc etc.

There is comic basis for Cap passing the mantle and both Bucky and (more recently) Falcon have had the shield. However I think it will be a while, if at all, that we get a Falcon film under a Captain America banner. Falcon and Bucky will next be in a Disney+ series and I think they're most likely to be at best supporting characters in the find going forward.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

I don't think they'll do this.

Hide contents

It's been fairly clear that the plan in this phase of the series has been to introduce new characters that will replace ones that were departing the series. Doctor Strange for instance was clearly being positioned to take the Iron Man role, the quick witted 'quipiness', the intellectual character. Black Panther takes a similar role to Cap, the straight man with basic physical strengths and honour. Captain Marvel is likely to end up being the Thor, the incredibly powerful cosmic entity, etc etc.

There is comic basis for Cap passing the mantle and both Bucky and (more recently) Falcon have had the shield. However I think it will be a while, if at all, that we get a Falcon film under a Captain America banner. Falcon and Bucky will next be in a Disney+ series and I think they're most likely to be at best supporting characters in the find going forward.

If they were to do 'new avengers' consisting of doctor strange, captain marvel, black panther and bucky/falcon 

I guarantee it will be a Utter flop. They would be better having them as cross overs in their own individual films instead of try milk the avengers train I think. 

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Would you have gone to watch a film featuring a bunch of B tier superheroes called Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the Hulk in 2007?

In 2019 the Avengers brand, and the MCU brand, carries some weight. The box office take individually of Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel alone is nearly $3bn, and I'd wager most of the cinema going public didn't have a clue who those characters were 5 years ago. And they've been established in the series already. Black Panther has a great intro in Civil War, then a very well received solo outing. Strange gets his own film, a liked cameo in Thor 3, and then vies for MVP in Infinity War. Captain Marvel has a very well received solo intro and is still being established.

I don't think a team up film featuring those 3 (plus whoever else is necessarily going to flop. Is it going to do Endgame numbers? No. But I'd wager it takes a billion over it's run. Especially as a team up is a few films away. You can safely bet we'll have at least a Black Panther 2 and Dr Strange 2 before there's another big 'event' team up. Plus other characters coming in no doubt.

They don't even need to be the Avengers. In the comics everyone's been an Avenger at some point. They even had spin off teams - the West Coast Avengers, the Great Lakes Avengers, the Secret Avengers, the New Avengers, the Dark Avengers... There's other teams they could be part of. Strange and Black Panther have been been members of Marvel's Illuminati team before now. Strange is an original Defender team member. Maybe you do a different 'brand' team up.

I wouldn't right off the MCU with Endgame.

Some good points there mate. I think a intial film would do well numbers wise s people would be curious but as a franchise like this avengers it just wouldn't work long term. 

Everyone loves the hulk. Thor is played excellently and iron man just has this superb presence about him played brilliantly by Robert downy Jr. 

The thing that makes them all work well is they just gel as a unit. Black panther and Dr strange for me would have no chemistry. 

They would probably have to have a bigger name like spiderman involved. I'll be honest I never rknew who black panther was before the avenger film. Ms marvel never really been a big fan of hers tbh

I just think it would be a cheap rip off of this avengers nd people would eventually get fed up. 

I think crossover individual films would do better. Perhaps maybe in one of the black panther films somehow they could plant seeds for a team of that nature and see how well received it is. 

Ghost Rider and Helstrom series coming to Hulu in the US next year confirmed this afternoon.

Looks like the Ghost Rider series might follow on from the Agents of SHIELD version a couple of years back that people liked. This is the Robbie Reyes version of the character, not the Johnny Blaze version that Cage played, who drives a car. Because, er... Cool looking mind.

Helstrom is a really bottom of the barrel character, and I can't imagine they'll do a to the letter adaptation, because if they did they're doing a story about the Antichrist being a good guy in a comic book universe TV show. Even the comics effectually shied away from the whole Satan thing.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Ghost Rider and Helstrom series coming to Hulu in the US next year confirmed this afternoon.

Looks like the Ghost Rider series might follow on from the Agents of SHIELD version a couple of years back that people liked. This is the Robbie Reyes version of the character, not the Johnny Blaze version that Cage played, who drives a car. Because, er... Cool looking mind.

Helstrom is a really bottom of the barrel character, and I can't imagine they'll do a to the letter adaptation, because if they did they're doing a story about the Antichrist being a good guy in a comic book universe TV show. Even the comics effectually shied away from the whole Satan thing.

Interesting that, I thought the plan going forwards was that all Marvel TV shows would be made in house by Marvel studios, and licensed exclusively on Disney+? Must only be the case for the top tier properties/stuff they want to work on? 

Â