Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Given there has never been a mention of Mutants/X-Men in the MCU (that I can remember anyway), it will be really interesting to see how they bring them in to the current timeline. One decent theory I’ve seen is that some people that come back from the ‘snap’ end up with genetic mutations - that would be a decent way of doing it, but you lose all the original characters back stories and it essentially re-writes the entire X-men history. An alternate timeline might actually be ‘easier’. 

fox owned the word! sure they call scarlet witch and quicksilver enhanced or something like that

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

fox owned the word! sure they call scarlet witch and quicksilver enhanced or something like that

'Miracles' iirc.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Ahh of course! For some reason I thought they were Hydra experiments? 

Still, they will need to do something if they want to introduce the ‘OG’ X-Men somehow, otherwise it will be a difficult sell to try and explain why they haven’t been involved previously? 

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

On the last point - you will get your Avengers/X-men movie - there is no way on Paul McGrath’s green earth they won’t bring them together at some point - they’ll start that midway though ‘phase 4’. They could use the ‘snap’ as some kind of introduction, or if there is indeed a ‘multi-verse’ - there’s another way to bring them in. Fantastic 4 will arrive at some point too.

Personally, don’t think we’ll see x men or ff a lot in phase 4, maybe just in an end credit scene. They’ll build up the story arc though in other films, agree it’ll come from the snap changing the world and repucussions around that. 

36 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Ahh of course! For some reason I thought they were Hydra experiments? 

Still, they will need to do something if they want to introduce the ‘OG’ X-Men somehow, otherwise it will be a difficult sell to try and explain why they haven’t been involved previously? 

They were Hydra experiments from the sceptre 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Personally, don’t think we’ll see x men or ff a lot in phase 4, maybe just in an end credit scene. They’ll build up the story arc though in other films, agree it’ll come from the snap changing the world and repucussions around that. 

They were Hydra experiments from the sceptre 

Agreed,  I think they will be ‘teased’ during phase 4, there might even be a couple of appearances, but a main film won’t come for a while. They need a gap to re-set the characters and the final X-Men is still to be released. 

I’d be quite happy if they kept a few on,  I think Fassbender makes a good Magneto and McAvoy is good as Prof X, but the rest I could take or leave - plus they have to solve the Wolverine problem. 

I just had to go back and refresh my memory on the whole Scarlett/Quicksilver thing and yes, it was Wolfgang Von Strucker with Lokis sceptre. The whole thing was about ‘unlocking’ abilities already there - so that could be interesting, especially as Loki now has the Tesseract in another point in time. 

• Like 1

They can possibly use the Eternals to start laying the seeds of the X-Men and mutants existing in the world. I don't think the film is going to be about that, but the film could lay the foundation of it. Possibly*.

*They probably won't.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They can possibly use the Eternals to start laying the seeds of the X-Men and mutants existing in the world. I don't think the film is going to be about that, but the film could lay the foundation of it. Possibly*.

*They probably won't.

What were the Eternals like in comics? It seems there has always been a nod to comics even if the character is different in MCU.

I was thinking they could use the snap as a way of bringing them in:

a. During the 5 year gap scientists started experiements on creating life from DNA of the missing people, these eventually lead to mutations. 

Or (much more long winded and highly improbable).

b. There have been mutants in MCU for ages, but Professor X decided the world wasn’t ready for them, so through the use of Cerebro he mind controlled them all not to show or use powers. He was wiped out from Thanos’ original snap and people subsequently started to show mutations. When returned from snap he decided that the world is now ready for mutants and so stops manipulating them. Obviously this could only happen with those not showing physical mutations..

The thing with xmen I think they really will struggle to find anyone that could play wolverine as well as Hugh jackman. 

He just played the role so well and xmen without wolverine is like justice league without superman. 

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing with xmen I think they really will struggle to find anyone that could play wolverine as well as Hugh jackman. 

He just played the role so well and xmen without wolverine is like justice league without superman. 

He will be very hard to replace, but casting has been something that marvel have been very good at.

I do think though, they can’t do Wolverine for at least 4/5 years. They need to give the character time to die down. I wouldn’t be surprised if X-men and wolverine don’t come out until phase 5 (or whatever they call it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He will be very hard to replace, but casting has been something that marvel have been very good at.

I do think though, they can’t do Wolverine for at least 4/5 years. They need to give the character time to die down. I wouldn’t be surprised if X-men and wolverine don’t come out until phase 5 (or whatever they call it)

100% regarding the casting. I know it's easy to say but every character has filled their respected roles perfectly and I couldn't imagine anybody else doing it. It makes it kind of sad some of these actors are written off now. I'm also grateful they re-casted Chris Evans as Captain America so soon after having him play the human torch in Fantastic Four. 

I watched Endgame again the other day at IMAX. Blew me away just as it did on first viewing.

Spoiler

I wish I could bottle up the feeling I had when Cap pulls Mjolnir and when he says "Avengers Assemble" to use whenever I'm having a shitty day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched endgame. 

Spoiler

I'd give it probably an 8/10. It's easier to list the things I didn't like... I didn't like what they did with Thor and Hulk, although I really didn't like what they did with Hulk in Infinity War. I think the Russo's have something against the character to be honest. Also Iron Man in the final battle... He gets knocked out by Mjolnir and is effectively absent for all of the last battle apart from the final action... I also thought it was quite plot heavy and a bit slow at times. 

However... I can appreciate it must be a nightmare to try and wrap everything up and I think they did a pretty good job overall. 

Bit concerned about the MCU future, especially now 3 of the original avengers and two A+++ characters in Iron Man and Captain America have gone. Maybe War Machine can fill the Iron Man role to a certain degree in battles at least, although it still leaves a massive chasm. 

Thor joining the Guardians of the Galaxy will be great and I'm really looking forward to the 3rd film, I think they may really come to the fore and be the main 'team' of the MCU now the avengers have gone. It also fits his character well as he's basically got next to nothing left, and the Guardians are all similar in that regard. However on top form he's easily the most powerful of them so that will be interesting to see how that plays out. 

On 09/05/2019 at 08:37, Demitri_C said:

I don't think Jackman was a particularly great cast to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed him in the role, but apart from the obvious height thing, he didn't really convey the animalistic side of Logan's persona that well. To me he was more Hugh Jackman with claws than Wolverine. I think he could definitely be improved on.

6 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Um, there's only one choice for Wolverine.

Won't work. Too many people remember his performance in the role of DC's  "Man Cheetah" which is pretty much the same character.

Image result for man cheetah always sunny

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/x-men-dark-phoenix/65872/dark-phoenix-scrapped-skrulls-ending

X-Men: Dark Phoenix reportedly scrapped Skrulls reveal

James McAvoy was the one to start the ball rolling on people wondering if Captain Marvel was standing in the way of Dark Phoenixtelling its original story by vaguely referencing a clash with "another superhero movie":

"The end [of Dark Phoenix] changed a hell of a lot. The finale HAD to change," he told Yahoo Movies UK. "There was a lot of overlap and parallels with another superhero movie that came out... a while ago."

Interesting and one possible reason for it being soooooooo bad? 

@chindie is older than I imagined :)

Marvel and DC comics: Man sells £350k collection

Martin Morris has a collection of 36,000 Marvel and DC comics built up over decades.

The 63-year-old, from Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, started his collection when he was aged just five.

His most valuable comic, a 1962 edition that introduced Spider-Man for the first time, is thought to be worth £10,000.

Mr Morris has decided to sell them on eBay after having a heart attack and plans to spend the money on travelling the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-48609635/marvel-and-dc-comics-man-sells-350k-collection

Â