New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Thank you ?I think you may be the only one who agrees! Not my first choice obviously, but I just don't think he'd be that bad. He'd be the more right type of safe-ish bet.

Well if we're going down the tried and trusted route, there is nobody with a better promotion record than Steve Bruce, he is bound to get us up....lets go for him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Well if we're going down the tried and trusted route, there is nobody with a better promotion record than Steve Bruce, he is bound to get us up....lets go for him?

lets all get down the market and stock up on the cabbages....

Sam is 10x the manager of Bruce though.

Bruce is completely past it. He's a man manager and nothing more. Fat Sam has a bit more about him than that in terms of tactics. Not a lot, but he is a better manager. 

We certainly wouldn't be leaking goals left, right and centre.

But yeah, I don't think we should hire him :D 

Edited by PieFacE

The betting is weird. Dean Smith is now favourite. Is that because the 2 people we have approached have turned it down or we are genuinely interested in him. Some saying he has his admirers at Villa. I can see that. I can also see the possibility that his name hasn't popped up once in boardroom discussions last few days. Is he favourite by default or idk stuff !

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Bruce is completely past it. He's a man manager and nothing more. Fat Sam has a bit more about him than that in terms of tactics. Not a lot, but he is a better manager. 

I have respect for the job that Allardyce does. When you bring in Sam you're looking to steady the ship. It's a "stay where we are and regroup" statement of intent.

That's not what we need. This division is there for the taking, by an attack minded manager with good attacking players.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The guy wears an earpiece.

Aside from that I've never seen any form of tactical genius from the man, can only assume you saw nothing of his Everton side last year, to say they were disillusioned with the clueless boring football is an understatement.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is true. But fans wont accept him because of his football

Average us a couple of points a game and get us promoted and 99% of us won't give a shit about the style of football.

We're known as a pretty demanding bunch but really all we want is realistic expectations to be achieved. If we get a bit of icing on the top in the way of easy on the eye football then I'll gladly take it as well but for now getting results and us out of this division is all that matters.

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely.

Before everyone attacks me - Rafa and friends are available for £6m compo... - Same compo as Rodgers.

Have a word Christian.

I thought that Purslow was in charge when Rafa was sacked at Liverpool and replaced by Hodgson? I cannot see that one happening, unless they have buried the hatchet so to speak.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I thought that Purslow was in charge when Rafa was sacked at Liverpool and replaced by Hodgson? I cannot see that one happening, unless they have buried the hatchet so to speak.

There's no way Rafa would come here.

It's pie in the sky stuff.

• Like 2

Dean Smith now the odds on fav.....lol

now i dont trust the betting odds on the managerial market as it only needs a tenner to gets the odds changed.

But the way this is tooing and frowing  makes you think even more that no one has a clue who it is going to be.....

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Artet a is now 33/1. I would be happy with that appointment 

If Henry was number 1 target - it would make sense he was in the running. However if Henry and Rui have snubbed us - its a stretch to see Arteta saying Yes.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Artet a is now 33/1. I would be happy with that appointment 

Arteta may well struggle with the lower standard of footballer that he would have to work with at Villa.

He coaches superstars who not only grasp what they are being asked to do ..... they also have the tools to carry out those instructions.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Arteta may well struggle with the lower standard of footballer that he would have to work with at Villa.

He coaches superstars who not only grasp what they are being asked to do ..... they also have the tools to carry out those instructions.

He played with Fellaini. Be fine.

• Haha 1