New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Even Dean Smith will need at least 18 months to get the team playing anywhere near the level of Brentford's football....he's had years to set everything up at Brentford, under no pressure whatsoever......he'll be lucky to get 18 games at Villa before people are asking questions!

Thats crazy.  People are making out Brentford are Man City.  If they were, they would have finished above Bruces Aston Villa last season and not 5 places below them.

The myth of Dean Smith has just got larger and larger.  He may be a decent manager for a club like Brentford but a massive gamble for Villa.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Spoke to my mate who's a Chelsea fan, regards Rui Faria...

- Basically thinks he's a genius

- Very hands-on coach, will run training sessions himself

- Apparently Jose once said "If I am the no1 coach in the world, Rui is the no2"... interesting that Man Utd's downturn in fortunes has coincided with his departure although maybe reading too much into that!

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, allani said:

So you expect Smith to leave a pretty secure job where he is earning lots of plaudits for a 6 month stint with us whilst we figure out who we really want.  Blimey that sounds right up there with the Chequers Plan as a negotiation tactic.

No .... I said "if necessary". I don't have a crystal ball, but if Smith is as useless as many seem to think he might be, then our owners can run a careful replacement process with time on their side.

Smith wouldn't take the Villa job if he didn't think he could do it. His future would be firmly in his hands.

The new favourite for the Aston Villa job, Rui Faria, messaged the Villa players ahead of their loss to Millwall on Saturday, according to the Sun.

After Thierry Henry rejected the job, Faria has been installed as the new favourite to take over from Steve Bruce at Villa Park.

And the Sun claims he’s already contacted the players with his first introductions, with John Terry possibly set to join him as his number two.

The 43-year-old has spent 17 years with Man United manager Jose Mourinho before quitting his role in May.

As well as sending a message of good luck to the players, Faria watched the game and sent a scout to run the rule over the players.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/faria-messaged-villa-players-ahead-of-millwall-game/

Hold on, does the article say he messaged the team "ahead of their loss to Milwall"?

??

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Thats crazy.  People are making out Brentford are Man City.  If they were, they would have finished above Bruces Aston Villa last season and not 5 places below them.

The myth of Dean Smith has just got larger and larger.  He may be a decent manager for a club like Brentford but a massive gamble for Villa.

Not to mention we totally outplayed them for most of our game this season........something that's seemingly been forgotten quickly......

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Don't know a damn thing about Faria, but if he's learnt a thing or two with Jose it will be interesting to see. 

Personally can't wait to see his reaction when Kodija starts walking round the pitch like he's some top drawer player.....I actually think Faria might drop kick the lazy 'see you next Tuesday' into next week!

Just now, KJT123 said:

So we are running out of candidates and seems we missed the boat on Henry partially due to holding out too long.

At this rate we might be best off having a temporary manager till the end of the season instead of hiring one just for the sake of it.

For what it's worth I don't think Smith will get the job. We appear to be looking to make a statement, and Smith or even Wilder despite their EFL credentials are not 'sexy'.

Rodgers is the nearest compromise to a "statement manager" and a damn good coach.

I hope who ever is appointed is able to hit the ground running and get a proper tune out of our squad.