New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Wasn't it The Sun that said he text the players before the Millwall game? ?

The Sun couldn't be less appropriately named, they don't shed light on anything - more like an income generating, cancerous, black sludge of lies and pure fiction.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So we are running out of candidates and seems we missed the boat on Henry partially due to holding out too long.

At this rate we might be best off having a temporary manager till the end of the season instead of hiring one just for the sake of it.

My mates a liverpool fan and he warned me about Purlsow at the start.  Says all Liverpool fans will say the same.  

Said that he dilly and dallys and they missed out on loads of players because of it.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So we are running out of candidates and seems we missed the boat on Henry partially due to holding out too long.

At this rate we might be best off having a temporary manager till the end of the season instead of hiring one just for the sake of it.

OR

Henry played the situation perfectly to open the door to AS Monaco, which is his dream first job?

Fonseca was the first link....wouldn't rule that out yet.

Rodgers and Smith being in jobs means compensation. There are alternatives out there that are freely available, I would think they would be preference.

Sanchez-Flores not mentioned at all. Available. Won championship with Watford. Presumably has links to Pitarch (if he is working with us).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

For what it's worth I don't think Smith will get the job. We appear to be looking to make a statement, and Smith or even Wilder despite their EFL credentials are not 'sexy'.

Rodgers is the nearest compromise to a "statement manager" and a damn good coach.

I hope who ever is appointed is able to hit the ground running and get a proper tune out of our squad.

Smith\Terry could passed as Sexy IMO.

Also any amount of due diligence - would reveal smith won't be bringing his backroom team - hence the link with Terry as possible no 2  

2 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

OR

Henry played the situation perfectly to open the door to AS Monaco, which is his dream first job?

Fonseca was the first link....wouldn't rule that out yet.

Rodgers and Smith being in jobs means compensation. There are alternatives out there that are freely available, I would think they would be preference.

Sanchez-Flores not mentioned at all. Available. Won championship with Watford. Presumably has links to Pitarch (if he is working with us).

QSF will be favourite in a few hours   - (I d put money on it !) 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd most definitely be positive towards Delaney taking charge until the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Smith\Terry could passed as Sexy IMO.

Also any amount of due diligence - would reveal smith won't be bringing his backroom team - hence the link with Terry as possible no 2  

Smith brought Richard O'Kelly with him from Walsall to Brentford so it's likely he would want to do the same. However, i think Smith really wants this job so if working with Terry is part of that he'll have no problem.

Last time we had this many people snub us - we ended up with Mccleish. !

Much talk has been made of Nasir\Edens selling the vision - thus punching above our weight landing a manager - makes we wonder how much cash they are willing or able to throw at project villa. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KH** said:

Well at least Villa manager searches are never dull....

Couldn't disagree more! This is mind-numbingly dull. The extreme level of dullness is illustrated in how desperate we all are for even a little bit of information. The dull highlights: any comment about odds and er...everything else. I'm bored but obviously interested to know what we end up doing. I look forwards to it being over.