New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Jesus can people stop talking about the bloody odds on people. 

It means absolutely nothing other than people are putting bets on and bookies reacting to what's been placed.  It's doing my head in.

No bookie has the foggiest idea who the new manager is likely to be and no masses of people placing bets have the foggiest idea who the new manager will be. 

It means nothing. 

If something leaks and all bookmakers drop odds like a stone then it means something. Until then you’re right. It means nothing. 

Edit: all bookmakers are now odds on for Henry now including this mornings 2-1.

There may be something in this......

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If something leaks and all bookmakers drop odds like a stone then it means something. Until then you’re right. It means nothing. 

Edit: all bookmakers are now odds on for Henry now including this mornings 2-1.

There may be something in this......

I think Henry is the default favourite due to the rumours in July - I don't think anything has yet happened to keep him of top spot. Be some stories later today \this evening.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Sadly we should have been having these conversations at the last international break. We will be luck to finish in the top half of the table with how Bruce has left our defence.

The defence is the major issue, Bruce has well and truly screwed our squad and season over. Whoever comes in is going to struggle to sure up that lot at the back, we are basically screwed until January when it will be too late and it will be about survival. ?

So if we go for a new boss who has not done the job before I would be looking at Terry, Henry, Arteta and Rui Faria. I'm not sure that all of these would want the job and of these Terry would have the bonus of knowing the club and some of the players rather than starting from scratch. 

If we go for a new boss who is currently in a job then the doubts would be whether they would want the job and how much FFP might impact or not on our choice, I would be looking at Bilic, Fonseca, Wagner and Dean Smith. 

Or is it just as likely to be Big Sam or Mick McCarthy? ;) 

Rumours floating (don't know if true only guff from few people on net ) Is Henry with Terry as Assistant.... i'd take that if that was the case

And try and offer someone like Serdar Tasci a short term deal to January (If does well to end of season) for back up centre back or try and get Bedeau or Revan upto speed.

As basically we are ****** with the options in CB at present.

Edited by Villan4Life

I think they should announce it now, tonight and he should have the squad in training tomorrow because it's going to take some serious shit to get this lot playing. 

If we give this job to an inexperienced head this could go horribly wrong!

He has to be able to craft a defence, or at least a system to see us through till Jan; This is the job for an experienced coach, not a fanciful gamble!

Edited by Nigel

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Rumours floating (don't know if true only guff from few people on net ) Is Henry with Terry as Assistant.... i'd take that if that was the case

And try and offer someone like Serdar Tasci a short term deal to January (If does well to end of season) for back up centre back or try and get Bedeau or Revan upto speed.

As basically we are ****** with the options in CB at present.

Highly unlikley IMO

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Highly unlikley IMO

Honest question.. (Just posted the rumours going around at moment as this is speculation thread) big chances people on net posting them are wrong.

Who do you think's going to get the job or who do you want? As yourself and Onefortheroad knocking everyone's answers in a Speculation/Suggestion thread

But neither of you have said who you think it's going to be or who you both actually want. :)

Edited by Villan4Life