New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Jeez......he really has left us in a right mess. Far worse than we could imagine.

It's an absolute must we have somebody in pdq.....only problem is many of the players will be away with it being Internationals.

The new bloke, whoever it is, needs a magic wand to rescue this season.

Edited by imavillan

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That game epitomised the reason Dean Smith will not be able to do a job here. We need a big name manager not a half decent coach.

We also need someone who is going to stay for more than 1 year because im not sure how fast this turn around is going to be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Jeez......he really has left us in a right mess. Far worse than we could imagine.

It's an absolute must we have somebody in pdq.....only problem is many of the players will be away with it being Internationals.

The new bloke, whoever it is, needs a magic wand to rescue this season.

Maybe we can lend Nuno's.

29 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Honest question.. (Just posted the rumours going around at moment as this is speculation thread) big chances people on net posting them are wrong.

Who do you think's going to get the job or who do you want? As yourself and Onefortheroad knocking everyone's answers in a Speculation/Suggestion thread

But neither of you have said who you think it's going to be or who you both actually want. :)

I would like Brendan Rogers

I think it will be Caravalho or Raneri

I stated the above a couple of days back ? 

Im not knocking anyones suggestions -if  I think something is unlikely ie Fonseca or a Henry/Terry combo - I am commenting accordingly

Edited by hippo

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think I want Henry but only for the fact I think he will play attacking football.... yet I have no basis for this theory other then he was a striker by trade..

Is the attack the problem though ? 

A new CB and GK and we would see a massive improvement - other than free agents we can't move on those until Jan.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

A new CB and GK and we would see a massive improvement - other than free agents we can't move on those until Jan.

It didn't used to be. Now it looks like we have shit players everywhere.

Worst keeper in a generation.

A defense led by a captain that loves to follow.

Non-existent midfield, except for Grealish who seems to be doing things but doesn't get anything done,.

Our wingers are so poor that none of them even get to start. Kodjia is useless, and Abraham scores sometimes.

We're fooked, and it's Bruce's fault. Just not in the way you all think.

17 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’m convinced the last thing we need is a “man manager” we actually need a manager who deals with hands on coaching and tactics. 

I totally agree.

When I see the likes of Smith being dismissed out of hand it frustrates me. Smith, Wilder etc, are exactly what we need to put a playing structure in place. At the moment our team is just a bunch of individuals without a clue as to what the other players are going to do next. 

We don't need a big name to sort it out, we need a damn good coach!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

As far as personnel is concerned then no, but making the personnel into an effective force is a problem. The defence on the other hand is definitely a personnel problem, mainly in that we have’t got any personnel to coach!

I just think play to our strength which on paper is attack, Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle didn’t have a great defence (tho Phillip Albert was cool) they sure as hell had an attack that was determined to outscore you. 

Edited by Tommo_b

33 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Getting to the point where I feel nothing good is ever going to happen with the Villa.  Hope they prove me wrong with this appointment.

It will but we have to start behaving like a modern progressive club instead of thinking it's a passage of rite because we've a big fan base and 1982 yada yada. Villa are not jinxed. Too many dreadful decisions really from top to bottom. Can't be Henry though. Silly appointment. Smith for me.

20 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I totally agree.

When I see the likes of Smith being dismissed out of hand it frustrates me. Smith, Wilder etc, are exactly what we need to put a playing structure in place. At the moment our team is just a bunch of individuals without a clue as to what the other players are going to do next. 

We don't need a big name to sort it out, we need a damn good coach!

Look at how Smith set Brentford up today at elland road. Totally nullified the threat of saiz and klich by bringing in mokojto dropping the more cultured but not as industrious mceachran ( mokojto got MOM btw ) constantly broke up play. Brentford should of won but from a stupid free kick given away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Mourinho is going to available sometime in the next couple of hours by the looks of things...

We have form for paying ridiculous salaries to out dated players/managers. So yeah, why not.