New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We have form for paying ridiculous salaries to out dated players/managers. So yeah, why not.

I wasn’t suggesting him by the way. I’m with you, I think he’s one of the old school now, albeit with an incredible cv. His failures are starting to add up though. Like many on here, I’m not sure who I want, but I could give you a long list of who I don’t want. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, a m ole said:

team is desperate for some orchestration.

Or maybe we could get Andre Previn. 

Only problem is we might find ourselves in the same position. 

He may play all of the right defenders, but not necessarily in the right order. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, hippo said:

I would like Brendan Rogers

I think it will be Caravalho or Raneri

I stated the above a couple of days back ? 

Im not knocking anyones suggestions -if  I think something is unlikely ie Fonseca or a Henry/Terry combo - I am commenting accordingly

I want Eddie Howe and want to see us test his resolve.

He has done a magnificent Job at Bournemouth no question about that - but what more can he do there?

i think backwards not forwards would be the mid term answer to this question?

would he fancy the chance to turn this tanker around, playing in front of 30k for a winning team - Southgate ain't going anywhere anytime soon - so his route to the main gig is closed off.

The top five would not hire him - should any off them need a new manager, almost certainly they would go abroad - so maybe just maybe it's worth dangling the carrot - I would love to see this happen - I love his philosophy and his demeanour, perfect fit in my eyes 

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2018 at 17:00, SirSteveUK said:

Rui Faria is looking to get back into coaching - as long as working with Jose for 17 years hasnt ruined him.

Now 2nd favourite.  would welcome him.

Henry - best price 8/11 - worst 1/2 - he was 1/5 yesterday

Anyone who is so depressed to think it might be Moyes - lump on him at best price 12/1 - get back the price of the ST you will be ripping up

Edited by SirSteveUK
add

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I wonder how intelligent our players when following tactics and remembering patterns of play?

Say if Henry arrives and he wants to play the 1-2 touch pass and off ball movements, do you think that is too advance for our players?

The running into space without the ball thing will be most interesting!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Dean Smith would fold like a house of cards here.

That is the worry......it needs a strong character, not to be daunted by the stature of the club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Dean Smith would fold like a house of cards here.

And Henry wouldn't because he's played with some of the best players in the world, won the world cup. Yawn. Bruce won medals as a player. Lots of them. Your opinion might be right but it's based on zero fact really.

• Like 2

Lack of confidence does weird things to people.

Only Grealish and unfortunately Hutton ever really want the ball in our team. If we can get some wins together, as if by magic everyone will start wanting the ball and this lopsided squad will pull teams all over the place. Not sure how many we'll keep out like, but we can score 3+ a game in this league.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is the worry......it needs a strong character, not to be daunted by the stature of the club.

How do you know what sort of character Dean Smith is? 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Eddie Howe is not leaving his lifetime’s work while they are 5th in the Premier League to come manage Villa and have cabbages thrown at him because he doesn’t get us promoted first time.

I appreciate they are currently 5th in the prem and I'm sure you would agree they would not be classed as top 5. Are they likely to stay there? Probably not - as I say nothing wrong with testing his resolve - as for cabbage throwing the least said about this the better in my view - I would only add that I have enough belief in his ability that it's unlikely he would ever fall victim to such a reckless act