New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If only we got league points for trophy wins from several decades ago.

Very true, nobody gives a sh*t we are Aston Villa anymore, except Aston Villa fans, the times have long moved on and club statures change constantly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Has Nuno had his character tested?......for just one game by us, maybe.

He was too busy preparing for winning football, to be worried about that.

We need smart thinkers.....who make the job easy for themselves, as opposed to a laboured  mundane approach.

I agree, but the point is the right type of manager will meet those moments full on and make sure they remain moments and not long runs. 

24 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m actually dreading whoever it’s going to be.

I mean if we could have anyone bar guardiola is there any manager who we would all be happy with? 

Some would moan at that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t fully understand the Rogers thing. The bit I do get is that his teams play decent football, and I wouldn’t be against his appointment. But as Liverpool manager he had a huge budget and succeeded only on making them a one, well maybe a one and a half man team.

Nobody goes to Scotland from Liverpool to further their career. He’s won a one horse race for a few years, but now the competition has got a bit stiffer he isn’t doing so well. 

As I say he’s not on my, “no thanks” list, but I’m not so sure he’s as great as others do. But then again I was very keen on Paul Lambert ?

P.S. Anyone who gets out thought by Tactical Tim has to be limited. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m actually dreading whoever it’s going to be.

I mean if we could have anyone bar guardiola is there any manager who we would all be happy with? 

Because, deep down, none of us really know.

• Like 1

Heard it suggested that the villa board havent decided who they want yet. so talk of a waiting incumbent might be far off the mark. - might explain why the odds keep changing ...and a clear favourite one day ...slips back the next.

One thing Thierry Henry hasn't got is any adverse......he's done nothing wrong, because he hasn't done anything to do wrong.

There may be logic in there somewhere.....but it might work. his sheer presence and smart thinking might surprise us all.....He will need players imo, but may just inspire us all in to January.

• Darren Moore
  • Frank Lampard
  • Steven Gerrard

have all been given a chance.

Lets try it.

there is no one nailed on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Heard it suggested that the villa board havent decided who they want yet. so talk of a waiting incumbent might be far off the mark. - might explain why the odds keep changing ...and a clear favourite one day ...slips back the next.

I find that...  well, as utter shite!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Personally I'd be absolutely shocked if they hadn't decided who they want. I imagine they had a shortlist of who they wanted before actually buying the club.  

dunno . ..with purslow left to run the show....edens us based and naswir having many business interests .....maybe this caught them on the hop.

I am sure they have a wishlist ...but the "one" may not have been identified...and theres the feasibility of landing your top target.

should all become clearer next week.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/06/thierry-henry-early-favourite-become-aston-villa-manager-initial/

6 OCTOBER 2018 • 10:30PM
Follow 

Thierry Henry the early favourite to become Aston Villa manager after initial talks with the club

Thierry Henry is emerging as the early favourite to take over at Aston Villa after initial talks with the club's hierarchy.

Henry, the legendary Arsenal forward, has discussed the prospect of taking over at the Championship club in what will be his first job in management.

The 41-year-old has been targeted by Villa's ambitious new owners, Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, and is considering whether to leave the Belgium FA, where he currently works as one of Roberto Martinez's assistant coaches.

Villa sacked Steve Bruce on Wednesday after a torrid run of results and are keen to appoint an innovative young manager capable of guiding the club back to the Premier League.

Henry was discussed as a potential summer target for Sawiris and Edens after they completed their majority takeover in July and Villa were forced to release a statement reiterating their support for Bruce.

But the 3-3 draw with Preston North End was Bruce's last game in charge and Villa have been considering realistic candidates to succeed him, with the intention of making an appointment before the home game against Swansea on October 20.

Christian Purslow, the Villa chief executive, is spearheading the search and could complete the appointment of Henry next week if negotiations continue to progress smoothly. It has been claimed that Henry believes the Villa job is his if he wants it.

Purslow is understood to be considering other options too, including Jose Mourinho’s former assistant Rui Faria and Brentford head coach Dean Smith, as part of a thorough process.

Villa are also close to appointing a new technical director, with Jesus Garcia Pitarch emerging as a strong contender. Pitarch has previously worked with Valencia and Real Zaragoza.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1