New Manager Speculation

maqroll

29 minutes ago, Nigel said:

And another separate appointment has also been lined up by the club as the new owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens continue to build a support network at the club.

I'm interested to know what this other appointment is. It is most likely another key role so maybe it's head of youth development, analysis or, most likely, scouting as we got rid of 7 last week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’ve got some (occluded) front!

Fwiw I think it would be too soon and too big a jump for Olof.

The step from BP to Villa would be huge, although he has him playing career for (Sweden), AIK, Villa, Olympiacos and Juventus going for him.

All huge clubs with passionate fans and massive pressure.

On another note the pressure of managing say his former club AIK in the Allsvenskan is far far bigger than most clubs in the Championship.

Villa and a few others excluded.

Just seen the Smith interview on SSN. Certainly didn't say he wasn't interested. The usual stuff " I'm very happy at Brentford, enjoying my time here ". He knows he would speak to Villa if the opportunity arose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fifamad said:

No wonder so many other fans think we are smug, arrogant, deluded. 

I dont think many other clubs fans care much about us to think that. If they do its sad

8 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Really feel you need to avoid Rodgers. Comes across up here in Scotland as an arrogant p***k who has achieved  nothing more than expected based on the huge gulf in finances between Celtic and the rest. (with Sevco struggling to regain their former strength which may be changing this season with Stevie G at the helm)  At Liverpool they had a great squad and should have won the League  but somehow didn't and then fell away.  I have never been that convinced of him when the pressure is on.

Trying to get Villa back to where they belong will bring great pressures so you need someone who has shown they are capable of enduring this. For the same reason I feel John Terry needs to be avoided as although he was a great player there is no Managerial history especially at such a high profile club.

Lets hope for the right appointment soon who can coach the present squad to become a potent force in the Championship and achieve promotion. It was interesting to see how John McGinns performances have dipped after a few weeks under Bruce!

John McGinns is not alone in being affected by the Steve Bruce coaching phenomenon.

With regards to passion and Mellberg, it reminds me of the guy in the trinity screaming passion non stop during the Preston game.

What the **** has passion got to do with anything when it comes to a side not being able to string 2 forward passes together?

PASHUN!

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think Cavallho is a good bet.

I think @PieFacE might be right.

I think the owners may have actually held off the appointment due to backlash from a section of fans when the rumours first surfaced.

Almost an "Ok, we will give both you, and Bruce rope to hang yourselves with".

Hesitant to start their custodianship with controversy.

I don't want mellberg simply because he is a villa legend and if goes tits up I don't want people to think negatively towards him. Same with Laursen.

Fonseca seems out if it. I still think flores would be brilliant. Suprised he has not been linked more.