New Manager Speculation

maqroll

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Apparently he is a massive football fan, he won’t want to be a billionaire owner of a mediocre football club, that would be embarrassing for him. 

Running a football club isn't easy. I am sure he doesn't want to be embarrassed - but it reminds me of all that Tosh about Xia loosing his chinese honour if villa failed - as a reason why he wouldn't fail.

Billionaire owners do fail - Most of us on here think Aston Villa 24/7 - He may have a multitude of other interests - to early to say. However the assumption that he is going to shift heaven and earth to make  Aston Villa great is as yet unproven.

This managerial appointment will tell us much about how good these new people are.

I hope they unveil someone of Brendan Rogers Calibre - but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the manager appointed comes as a bit of a disappointment to be honest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

If you look at it logically Villa was bought for £60m       Noooocastle are available for £300m and Watford recently turned down an approach to buy a 35% share of something like £135m.

Now there's no way either club is bigger than us so you could argue that the next appointment could add £260m to the value of the club so consequently a package of £10/20m for a manager who you believe will get promotion is a good investment. 

So I do think there might be a lot in this Fonseca talk

FFP  Considerations ? 

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bruce was sacked just over 12 hours ago, and we've already found something new to argue about - whether it's embarrassing that the club are approaching good managers to replace him.

Jesus wept.

Bildresultat för this is supposed to be a happy occasion gif

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bruce was sacked just over 12 hours ago, and we've already found something new to argue about - whether it's embarrassing that the club are approaching good managers to replace him.

Jesus wept.

I don't think it will be Fonseca - thats all. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Running a football club isn't easy. I am sure he doesn't want to be embarrassed - but it reminds me of all that Tosh about Xia loosing his chinese honour if villa failed - as a reason why he wouldn't fail.

Billionaire owners do fail - Most of us on here think Aston Villa 24/7 - He may have a multitude of other interests - to early to say. However the assumption that he is going to shift heaven and earth to make  Aston Villa great is as yet unproven.

This managerial appointment will tell us much about how good these new people are.

I hope they unveil someone of Brendan Rogers Calibre - but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the manager appointed comes as a bit of a disappointment to be honest. 

The disappointment will only be if the new manager doesn’t perform. Barring someone like Donald Trump or Katie Hopkins, I don’t mind who the new manager is provided they perform well. Previous performance can be an indicator of future performance but is no guarantee. To use a couple of already touted names, I will be just as happy on day one if we appointed Dean Smith as if we appointed Brendan Rogers. Day 200 is a better time to assess.

SD are still in the champions league and have every chance of getting out the group ... can't see him leaving CL for away days in Wigan and Rotherham

might have been gettable at the end of the season but can't see it now ..maybe Big Fat Sam til the end of the season , then we go and get him :)

Let’s not ask anyone to manage us who would be any good, but also don’t ask anyone who is old, or British, or forrren or Steve Bruce or Big Sam.

If only we could be managed by some sort of super intelligent robot. Like The Terminator but with more footballs and whistles and less guns.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

Obviously if there was any chance of him coming then yes we should try - and maybe we have - but its a 95% chance he will reject it out of hand - no more than a phone call. Now that may make yourself and plenty other happy 'jesus these guys are trying to get Fonseca' - but in reality that single phone call doesn't progress us a club. Forget villa for a moment what would you think if you heard that Bristol City  wanted Jurgen Klopp as there manager ? - Would you jump up and think 'My word Bristol City are going places' or that they were a bunch of idiots.

IMO Luring Brendan Rodgers would be an almighty task with odds stacked against 

Really hope our new owners show more ambition than your view!

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I don't either, but if the owners have decided to ask the question I don't think that's deluded.  They obviously think they have the clout and the strategy to attract someone like that.

I couldn't really give a shit what other clubs' fans think, or write on Twitter.  The main task at hand is to get the best possible manager/head coach into VP.  And shy boys get nowt.

Agreed.

My point is the club will do (or may have already done) an initial sweep of asking which managers maybe available - that might include Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Rafa Benitez  - all unlikely but tentative soundings would be taken - probably all come back no chance - .

At some point there comes a list of who we could feasibly get - and it is this list that is significant IMO.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed.

My point is the club will do (or may have already done) an initial sweep of asking which managers maybe available - that might include Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Rafa Benitez  - all unlikely but tentative soundings would be taken - probably all come back no chance - .

At some point there comes a list of who we could feasibly get - and it is this list that is significant IMO.

I do agree somewhat, but you can’t underestimate the role Mendes could play in luring Fonseca. This is the guy who delivered Ruben Neves to a Championship team after all.

6 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Don't like the continual reference to Nuno, but ask any Wolves fans what they thought of the likes of Coady & Bennett etc before Nuno went there. It's amazing what a 'coach' with a game plan can achieve. Porto got shot of him too, so we're not talking about the greatest manager that ever walked the earth either. He put a system and style of play in place, he coached the players he had, to play to that system, and he doesn't change it. Have you heard him analyse a game? He speaks a totally different footballing language to the likes of Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes and all the other idiots out there.

Fonseca would be exactly the same. His coaching ability and a touch of knowledge, common sense and a style of play designed to get the best out of what we have will be enough to rocket us up this league. It's a crap standard this year. There isn't a wolves. Leeds lost at home to Blues FFS, they won't be running away with it. Not saying for one minute he will come here, but we 100% have the tools here already for a manager to get us up in the top 2 this season, I genuinely believe that. All that's needed in Jan is a 1st choice CB to partner Chester. Taylor is good enough for the championship. He needs coaching and knowledge of the role expected from him.

I think some will be shocked by the improvement a proper coach will get out of the players we already have at the club.

I'm all for that, been saying the same for ages.

Best money we could have invested this summer, or the one before that was on a proper quality manager/coach.

Just don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell of getting Fonseca atm for reasons stated.

There are loads of other more (IMO) realistic options out there we could try for.

IF we manage to lure Fonseca here I'd be elated. If he could bring in the Shakthar scouting network with him even better :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

IF we manage to lure Fonseca here I'd be elated. If he could bring in the Shakthar scouting network with him even better :)

be pretty useless as very little amount of South Americans or Eastern Europeans can get work permits ;)

• Like 1