New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with with shipping. I don't think hutton has been good this year. I still think it was crazy to offer him a new deal. We need new blood not much of the same bruce.

Left back is a problem as I don't rate hutton or Taylor 

Hutton has been terrible this season, though most have.  Will give all the players time when new manager comes in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Rodgers is massively overrated. Had one of the best squads you'll see at Liverpool and would be a minor upgrade on Bruce if that.

If we are serious about promotion, genuine stability and rocketing up the Premier League when we get there, Ranieri or Allardyce is the way to go.

One of best squads include Flanagan, Skrtel, Mignolet starting every week? 

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

This is exactly why I said yesterday that it doesn't help the situation having fans with wildly bizarre delusions of grandeur when it comes to a new manager.

It just means disappointment is inevitable and that the club will likely be criticized by a section of the fan base when Zidane, Fonseca and Wenger don't walk into Bodymoor Heath.

Fonseca wouldn't come here in a million years whilst we are in the Championship and I'm not even sure he would come if we were in the Prem!

Please believe me when I assure you that I feel othing personal against you.... but I hope you are grossly embarrassed by this post and eating crow soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Please believe me when I assure you that I feel othing personal against you.... but I hope you are grossly embarrassed by this post and eating crow soon.

Why should I be grossly embarrassed about posting that I don't believe we will be signing a current Champions League manager?

I'd love it happen but I, like many others, just don't think it's realistic. Is that a problem?

A post like yours needs a bit of explaining.

Edited by One For The Road

Fonseca isn't coming its an embarrassing link to be honest.

I think Rodgers is the best we can hope for - but that looks unlikely IMO

It then comes down down to if we want a safe pair of hands, Pardew, Mccarthy, or do we gamble on the untested route - Henry, Terry, 

Purslow's  appointments include Rodgers and Roy Hodgson - two experienced guys - based on that, and I wouldn't be thrilled - but its more than feasible that we end up with Pardew. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No disrespect to you but I don't believe people on Twitter 

So you're saying "Chris Bennett" might not have any knowledge or inside information at all? Colour me shocked. Given his profile "My Grandad started going to Villa Park in 1904, then stopped going in 1914 when WW1 started. My Dad started going to Villa Park in 1948. My 1st game was 1972."  I would have thought his word was gospel. 

Mendes is the key to all of the talent, Wolves proved this. He also knows how to structure deals to be in line with FFP while compensating players/managers in other ways. This will never be uncovered unless the likes of the FBI get involved - they will not. Money talks, other factors come into play too, but Nassef and Wes are not mucking about in the Championship. Time to believe. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Purslow's  appointments include Rodgers and Roy Hodgson - two experienced guys - based on that, and I wouldn't be thrilled - but its more than feasible that we end up with Pardew. 

Purslow didn't appoint Rodgers and Rodgers was inexperienced when got Liverpool job

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Mendes is the key to all of the talent, Wolves proved this. He also knows how to structure deals to be in line with FFP while compensating players/managers in other ways. This will never be uncovered unless the likes of the FBI get involved - they will not. Money talks, other factors come into play too, but Nassef and Wes are not mucking about in the Championship. Time to believe. 

Nowhere anywhere is concrete proof Mendes is connected to Villa