New Manager Speculation

maqroll

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

theyve cleaned all of Bruce's coaching staff out. Kevin Mac back in charge in the meantime

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/10/03/club-statement-steve-bruce

Doing things properly, the whole coaching staff has to shoulder the blame for their inability to turn a group of good footballers at this level into a disjointed shambles.

Might also suggest that the new appt is bringing his whole team....

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

God i hope Kmac isn't in charge for long.

The last time i remember he was manager we got spanked by Newcastle 6 - 0.

I remember this. The week before we beat West Ham 3-0, Milner left us but our performance convinced me to make the trip to Newcastle for an early KO. I saw John Carew hit a penalty so far over the bar it must be a world record and Andy Carroll smash in a hat trick.

Is there anything good about being a Villa fan? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

I remember this. The week before we beat West Ham 3-0, Milner left us but our performance convinced me to make the trip to Newcastle for an early KO. I saw John Carew hit a penalty so far over the bar it must be a world record and Andy Carroll smash in a hat trick.

Is there anything good about being a Villa fan? 

I remember that penalty, that was to go 1-0 up wasn't it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Yep it's almost as if that's exactly how it works. Still doesn't stop people not understanding that fact. ;)

Yep

If I wopped a £10m bet on Mark Delaney they would probably stop taking bets on Mark Delaney and everyone would be running around saying Mark Delaney has the job.

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Whoever they hire can't serve anything worse than Bruce served up at his time here, an attacking high intensity quick style off football please 

Beleive me they can. stick Henry in charge and after the initial honeymoon see how bad it gets

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Anyone know which loans we can recall or not? If we can recall Elphick then that's a start as we'd have some more cover/options in the middle of the defence....

Good shout if pos

One would assume that their chosen candidate has given the green light and said yes, or else why sack him now? Why not wait one more game till the international break? Imagine we'll see an appointment early next week, or maybe even by the weekend and said manager will be in the stands watching?