New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I want Rodgers but the thought of a Villa fan (Smith obvs) turning us around and being another JG puts a smile on my face. I think there's just as much chance as the job being too big for him though.

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

No Rafa Benitez option? Surely the owners could persuade him of their vision and the legacy he could create...especially if Newcastle did

Edit: I voted other on this basis, but would be happy with Rodgers or Flores. Smith I'd be ok about

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Anyone know which loans we can recall or not? If we can recall Elphick then that's a start as we'd have some more cover/options in the middle of the defence....

I don't think any of them can be added to the squad registration untl january anyway 

The sooner he was gone the more time the club and squad have to adjust to the new situation and adjust accordingly.

Not saying he had, but if he had lost parts of the dressing room it will have been a necessity getting rid asap. 

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

the thought of a Villa fan (Smith obvs) turning us around and being another JG puts a smile on my face. I think there's just as much chance as the job being too big for him though.

That is a very good comparison actually as John Gregorys only experience was as a coach and managing Wycombe. I can remember at the time fearing the job would be too big for him. As it turned out he took to it like a duck to water, and it never fazed him for a second and the fans took to him as they could see he had a real passion for our club. Perhaps Dean Smith could also step up to the plate.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It's anonymous?!

I went for Smith, villan, we're going to set up a structure that suits him. Great coach.

Dean Smith is not a great coach

He has 20 other coaches and is part of a system.

If we bring in Dean Smith he will fail miserably .

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I want Rodgers but the thought of a Villa fan (Smith obvs) turning us around and being another JG puts a smile on my face. I think there's just as much chance as the job being too big for him though.

Off topic but JG was s fraud. He was the equivalent of Sherwood. He took over a top 6 Squad and was backed to the hilt financially yet all he managed was one FA cup final and left us with a load of overpaid over rated English players. 

If he was such a good manager where is he now? The appointment after Little was one of our most important in Premier league history and we blew it on John bloody Gregory! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Off topic but JG was s fraud. He was the equivalence of Sherwood. He took over a top Squad and was backed to the hilt financially yet all he managed was one FA cup final and left us with a load of overpaid over rated English players. 

If he was such a good manager where is he now? The appointment after Little was one of our most important in Premier league history and we blew on John bloody Gregory! 

He was just a good fit for us at the time. Please don't compare him to Sherwood!

• Like 2