New Manager Speculation

maqroll

36 minutes ago, drrotcod said:

Bruce says the turmoil of losing 6 players plus the near bankruptcy ( his words) of Villa- yes ceasing to exist after ov er 130 years- plus having to settle in5 new players leading to losing just one game so far is scant reason to get rid of him.

He is correct.

Lost players he knew were leaving anyway in may.

Near bankruptcy yet managed to hold on to everyone with a contract until that was resolved.

Having to settle in 5 players, of which one hadn't played until the weekend and two still haven't played in the league.

Only losing one game but we have 4 points from our last 5.

I'm sick of excuses, Bruce has and last season had(and two thirds of a season before that) arguably the best and most expensively assembled squad in the league.

Yet we aren't good to watch and the results haven't been good enough to get us promoted over the last two years either.

Time to admit that this isn't going to work.

Edited by jjaacckk91
Autocorrect
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, drrotcod said:

Bruce says the turmoil of losing 6 players plus the near bankruptcy ( his words) of Villa- yes ceasing to exist after ov er 130 years- plus having to settle in5 new players leading to losing just one game so far is scant reason to get rid of him.

He is correct.

My heart bleeds for him ... of course if he you know had actually you know had a “plan” other than sign right backs .... we would be better equipped and 3rd season into his sh1t show we would have a defined system and recruitment strategy ... poor Steve hey .... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm struggling to think of the 6 players we have lost, Johnstone (should be pretty easily replaced at this level), Terry (fair enough, a big loss), Snodgrass (similar but we've signed Blasie and El Ghazi), then Onomah and Grabban who were really bit part/short term.  Who is the other one?

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm struggling to think of the 6 players we have lost, Johnstone (should be pretty easily replaced at this level), Terry (fair enough, a big loss), Snodgrass (similar but we've signed Blasie and El Ghazi), then Onomah and Grabban who were really bit part/short term.  Who is the other one?

Gabby ?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

My heart bleeds for him ... of course if he you know had actually you know had a “plan” other than sign right backs .... we would be better equipped and 3rd season into his sh1t show we would have a defined system and recruitment strategy ... poor Steve hey .... 

Quite hard to see what sort of plan you can have when you start the summer with the owner saying you have to sell your best assets then some new owners come in saying don’t sell your best assets and buy in some young players but don’t **** us over on FFP.

I’m quite pleased to have got players like Bolassie, McGinn and Abraham in the club out of all this disruption.

Aren’t you?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

No plan last year either .... where’s the lasting benefit in anything he has done ? He is an old hack dinosaur of a manager who is getting found out week by week at our expense ... 

I really can’t see how anyone can go on defending him .... we are getting left behind badly... he was so close to goi g in the summer and god I wish he had .... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Looking at last season’s squad and discounting the players he’s allowed out on loan, I really think he must mean Samba.

But who knows, he just says these things, so what if they’re inaccurate or misleading? 

According to his WM interview we were second from bottom when he took over apparently, yet the table at the time says we were 19th and it was Cardiff who were second from bottom (I wonder how they’re finding the championship this season?). But that’s probably just nitpicking on my part.

Edit - only just realised this isn’t the Bruce thread, apologies.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Tuanzebe... But we resigned him. 

• Haha 1

Ok so here we are 5 points off relegation but 5 off top. You have to allow for a bedding in of new players and a Fulham effect by Xmas- they were 9th and crap then were promoted. I would suggest 8-10 games from now  before a Bruce  guillotine. BTW we have the 3rd wealthiest owners in England. We are going to be massive soon and Bruce will be a memory.I will post in a told you so way in 2023 when we will be moaning why Man Shitty are out spending us and prawn sandwiches at Doug Ellis lack dill dressing as we take out PSG in the Champions League quarter final opining about our feeder clubs not looking after our prodigies as Chelsea used to before Roman was assassinated.

• Like 1

I think with ambitious new owners we will at least try to not go for the tried and tested unemployed manager and have balls to target a manager and pay compensation.

I think also we havent appointed a football man at the club yet and thats one of reasons we wont have a change soon

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Tuanzebe... But we resigned him. 

Well there you are he caused even more trouble unrecognised by fans.

We had to let him go/ learn to do without him AND bring him in, blend him in etc !

2 problems !

Imagine if we’d managed to re- sign JT. Johnstone, and Snodgrass - that’d have been 6 MORE problems !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well there you are he caused even more trouble unrecognised by fans.

We had to let him go/ learn to do without him AND bring him in, blend him in etc !

2 problems !

Imagine if we’d managed to re- sign JT. Johnstone, and Snodgrass - that’d have been 6 MORE problems !

He’s got 99 problems and a CB ain’t one of ‘em. 

Love AVB here i've always rated him 211 career wins in 353 is amazing! Only 40 too. 

With his name being Villas-Boas he would fall in love with us, we would fall in love with him! Think he had best win rate of any Spurs Manager ever!

Bobby Robson (RIP) was massive fan of AVB and knew he would be a great coach in his early 20's

No brainier for me, had his Sabbatical now. Needs a fresh challenge

42274503_10155856668951200_4164865993505

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Love AVB here i've always rated him 211 career wins in 353 is amazing! Only 40 too. 

With his name being Villas-Boas he would fall in love with us, we would fall in love with him! Think he had best win rate of any Spurs Manager ever!

Bobby Robson (RIP) was massive fan of AVB and knew he would be a great coach in his early 20's

No brainier for me, had his sepatical now. Needs a fresh challenge

42274503_10155856668951200_4164865993505

Very good record to be fair.

Plus, I mean, the name!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Very good record to be fair.

Plus, I mean, the name!

You knows it mate!! And people say on other sites who is honestly any good that we can attract without a club? erm AVB...if we offered him a vision and played on the name thing :D He will say.... "Where do i sign?"

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1