New Manager Speculation

maqroll

52 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

I hear Chris Wilder’s in talks with us (source Twitter so make of that what you will).

Thoughts if true?

What I make of that is, it’s bollocks!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

the situation is if Villa sack Bruce whoever comes in will say we need a centre half.

And they players aren’t fit!

• Haha 1

I am going to lay some bets tonight on him being gone soon ! Starting to actually hate the man and that’s is stupid and irrational I know... I’m a 37 yo man child prone to hyperbole .... just want him to go before too much damage is caused 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45525005

They have little or no previous experience and might once have been considered too young for the job, but a host of fledgling managers are making a significant impact across Europe's major leagues.

And it is not just age and experience level that marks out a new generation. It is the fact so many of them share a vision, both for how their teams should play and how they want to manage.

"They all seem to have flexibility tactically, they like high pressure and like work without the ball," said Football Daily Euro Leagues presenter Guillem Balague.

"They like defenders to be comfortable with the ball, play inside forwards, and have mobile centre forwards. 

"They use technology, look to embrace support staff rather than overpower as previous managers might have done, and want to be on the grass coaching, not running the club from top to bottom."

One of those please.....Marco Rose would be an interesting candidate... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45525005

One of those please.....Marco Rose would be an interesting candidate... 

A manager like that would be great, but that last line about wanting to take training and not run the club like previous managers means the infrastructure and staff all have to be up and running and in place before we could even consider hiring one...ours isn't, so our options are 1) keep SB while it's all sorted out this season, then replace him once we are "prepared" to give the new coach the best possible chance, 2) sack Bruce now and replace him with another "old school" manager who can basically run the place because we haven't got any other staff to do it yet, or 3) sack SB now, replace him with a head coach despite no structure being in place that a head coach needs to work in, and have it all fail miserably as we tumble down the table

Surely option 1 is the winner there, surely?!

On 10/09/2018 at 13:53, GrassyNoel said:

I hear Chris Wilder’s in talks with us (source Twitter so make of that what you will).

Thoughts if true?

If we are going for British plodders then we may as well stick with Bruce.  I want us to make a manager change now and I want it to be a foreign progressive manager.

edit: @thabucks list looks good to me as the kind of manager we should be in for.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

8 hours ago, weedman said:

A manager like that would be great, but that last line about wanting to take training and not run the club like previous managers means the infrastructure and staff all have to be up and running and in place before we could even consider hiring one...ours isn't, so our options are 1) keep SB while it's all sorted out this season, then replace him once we are "prepared" to give the new coach the best possible chance, 2) sack Bruce now and replace him with another "old school" manager who can basically run the place because we haven't got any other staff to do it yet, or 3) sack SB now, replace him with a head coach despite no structure being in place that a head coach needs to work in, and have it all fail miserably as we tumble down the table

Surely option 1 is the winner there, surely?!

Regarding 3 and structure, the transfer window is closed and doesn't open till January. Getting a great head coach in and him bringing the support staff required to coac the team woudl have an immediate beneficial impact on the club. Then they have time to sort him out with a DOF and a head scout for Jan. Option 1 means we'll be 20 points off automatic promotion by January.

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Regarding 3 and structure, the transfer window is closed and doesn't open till January. Getting a great head coach in and him bringing the support staff required to coac the team woudl have an immediate beneficial impact on the club. Then they have time to sort him out with a DOF and a head scout for Jan. Option 1 means we'll be 20 points off automatic promotion by January.

My worry would be bringing someone new in would  probably take a minimum of a month to even start playing how they'll want us to play. That would more than likely see us 20 points of automatic in January than Bruce staying. I wouldn't change Bruce until its pretty much clear he can't take us up, with that way as well it would also give the new head coach extra time to implement ideas without too much pressure from the fans.