New Manager Speculation

maqroll

This is when we see what the new owners are made off - do they go for the easy option of Dean Smith to appease the supporters ? - or the easily appoint-able Thiery Henry  - either of those smacks of more of the same - I wouldn't expect either to start next season. Do they have the pulling power to get Brendan Rogers , Sean Dyche, Eddie howe , -

An overseas unknown is most likley 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Even monk with a terrible squad can go and win games. Yet Bruce can’t beat Sheffield bloody Wednesday who can’t even score away from home.

id go for henry

Henry have no managerial experience. No way should we go for him.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Chris wilder for me if it was anothe4 championship manager. He is a awesome manager and plays great football

Didn't even make the play offs last year - they are 3 points better than us this - falling some way short of awesome for me.

Ranieri, Allardyce, Hiddink or Sanchez Flores.

'It is damaging to a career you have spent years and years and years putting together and accumulating and proving that you are a quality manager and even though the reasons are not that valid it is still pretty damaging.'

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even monk with a terrible squad can go and win games. Yet Bruce can’t beat Sheffield bloody Wednesday who can’t even score away from home.

id go for henry

That's their first win of the season... 

They've been playing really well though tbf. We need a change though because this is just dreadful now.

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

Didn't even make the play offs last year - they are 3 points better than us this - falling some way short of awesome for me.

How you cannot distinguish the gross disparity in resources, expectation vs. outcome is beyond me.

It's like asking how Watford's manager can be doing a great job in the PL when they didn't even make Champions League this season.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

You are aware that was his debut season in the championship? He had a tiny budget he has done a unbelievable job there.

also he showed Bruce how to play football recently and completely humiliated him. Wilders a good manger. I like him alot

2 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Someone who actually knows tactics and can change tactics when they can see it's not working!

The definition of insanity is to do things over and over expecting a different result.

Yes, i believe Bruce has gone insane!

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How you cannot distinguish the gross disparity in resources, expectation vs. outcome is beyond me.

It's like asking how Watford's manager can be doing a great job in the PL when they didn't even make Champions League this season.

I wasn't - I was just saying that his track record in this division hasn't delivered a play off place - and 3 more points than this season - for me that wouldn't put him in the category of 'awesome' 

Its a difficult roadmap to see it being CW anyway - If we are going down the existing championship manager route, I think we would turn to Dean Smith much earlier than Wildier. 

To be honest I think it will be an overseas coach.

I honestly think Sherwood would do well here in the Championship if he came back...I kind of miss him. Things seemed more fun with him around and he was unfortunate to be part of Villa at the time it was all crumbling down, just like Garde.

In hindsight, O’Neill was smart to jump ship when he did...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The definition of insanity is to do things over and over expecting a different result.

Yes, i believe Bruce has gone insane!

You really wanted to get that quote in didn't you.

TBH - I don't think Bruce is doing the same thing over and over - He has been leaned on to stop bringing older players - and we now have a very 'un Bruce' like squad - its as though the squad has been assembled for the next managerial incumbent.

Edited by hippo

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I honestly think Sherwood would do well here in the Championship if he came back...I kind of miss him. Things seemed more fun with him around and he was unfortunate to be part of Villa at the time it was all crumbling down, just like Garde.

Things are bad but not tha5 bad. Sherwood was a fraud. No chance. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

...its as though the squad has been assembled for the next managerial incumbent.

Now that gives food for thought.....?

Perhaps SB's only "F you" response is to play jedinak at CB.....

Where's Tom Hanks and his "walking the green mile" when we need it ?