New Manager Speculation

maqroll

36 minutes ago, weedman said:

Tbf it's probably less of a risk to "you and a few others" than it is to the people with a few hundred million on the line, it makes perfect sense to stick until everything's in place to reduce the risk as much as possible, you don't consistently win in poker by going all in every time you get slightly short stacked, you win by playing a longer game and only going all in when you either have no choice or have pretty good idea you'll win.

The owners are doing what they can to stack the odds in their favour by sorting out the backroom staff then I'm pretty sure they'll twist on Bruce after, no point sacking him now, paying him off, replacing him with another manager just to need to replace them a few months later once everything else is sorted 

Sauce?

3 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Myself, and I'm assuming a fair few others, are absolutely happy for us to take that risk.

OTOH... we'll probably finish top 6 under Bruce ( and no doubt if we were out of the playoff picture he'd be gone regardless ) so if you bring someone in the remit has to be automatics or what's the point changing at this stage. 

If they want to change the playing style and give the team an identity it requires a pre season and a transfer window which is why I think they'll stick with Bruce for the rest of the season unless he massively messes up. 

3 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Myself, and I'm assuming a fair few others, are absolutely happy for us to take that risk.

OTOH... we'll probably finish top 6 under Bruce ( and no doubt if we were out of the playoff picture he'd be gone regardless ) so if you bring someone in the remit has to be automatics or what's the point changing at this stage. 

If they want to change the playing style and give the team an identity it requires a pre season and a transfer window which is why I think they'll stick with Bruce for the rest of the season unless he massively messes up. 

On 20/09/2018 at 14:42, CosmicVillan said:

I think there will be a change this season and I think he will get the January transfer window to make any tweaks to the team and allow him a solid 5 months to get a good idea of all the playing personnel that we have and a while pre-season to implement their new team and style wether we stay in this league or promotion.

Either way I am a bit more calmly assured Bruce has not got long left regardless.

On 20/09/2018 at 01:14, Villan4Life said:

Any fancy this guy as our new manager, he might want a new challenge :)

1277803608_joachim-low-eats-booger.gif

x0IRT2.gif

He looks like a **** lego man 

Joachim-Loew-1.jpg

On 20/09/2018 at 08:20, dounavilla said:

We would just become his bogie side.

Wonder if Ian Bogie would like to be his assistant the ex Newcastle player?

Ian-Bogie-NUFC.jpg

14 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He looks like a **** lego man 

Joachim-Loew-1.jpg

Seems perfect. Back five with a holding midfielder/sweeper and then a massive gap to the attacking players who all seem to be in each other's way. Should fit right in.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2