New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Check Bruce win record only one job over 50% win rate.

AVB only 1 club in 6 with less than 50% win rate

Bruce 9 clubs only 1 over 50%

You could say AVB had better clubs to manage but he still had to get a tune out of star players at Spurs?Chelsea/Porto being unknown and not that Medal winning defender Steve Bruce ex Man Utd and AVB managed to do it

It's really no brainier and yes there are better candidates than Stephen Roger Bruce.

image.png.219cf2c77dc13414ebb66046edf5baa2.png

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Check Bruce win record only one job over 50% win rate.

AVB only 1 club in 6 with less than 50% win rate

Bruce 9 clubs only 1 over 50%

You could say AVB had better clubs to manage but he still had to get a tune out of star players at Spurs?Chelsea/Porto being unknown and not that Medal winning defender Steve Bruce ex Man Utd and AVB managed to do it

It's really no brainier and yes there are better candidates than Stephen Roger Bruce.

image.png.219cf2c77dc13414ebb66046edf5baa2.png

But  "The most intelligent ones" will realise Bruce has done it 4 times surely?

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Good record but hasn't gone into a different sport?

Maybe his passion has left the game.

who? AVB? dude these European coaches all have Sabbatical's and time away from game.

What sport's he gone into?

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Pretty sure he was rally driving not long ago.

When i say AVB people think think Armin Van Buuren the Trance DJ & Producer who runs Armada & "A State Of Trance" Label! He is the more well known AVB :D

Or maybe it is Andre Villa-Boas as a DJ & Producer and he multi-tasks between various professions. ;)

Edited by Villan4Life

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

When i say AVB people think think Armin Van Buuren the Trance DJ & Producer who runs Armada & "A State Of Trance" Label! He is the more well known AVB :D

Speak for yourself.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Or maybe it is Andre Villa-Boas as a DJ & Producer and he multi-tasks between various professions. ;)

Anthony Vanden Borre

• Like 1

So Bruce is punching above his weight as far as his own career results go with us and still getting it in the neck 

I think it's one of those damned if you do ( bullet him ) and damned if you don't  ...we will never know what sort of tune can be got out of this bunch if we stick..and if we twist it could easily get worse.

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

So Bruce is punching above his weight as far as his own career results go with us and still getting it in the neck 

I think it's one of those damned if you do ( bullet him ) and damned if you don't  ...we will never know what sort of tune can be got out of this bunch if we stick..and if we twist it could easily get worse.

Myself, and I'm assuming a fair few others, are absolutely happy for us to take that risk.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

Myself, and I'm assuming a fair few others, are absolutely happy for us to take that risk.

Tbf it's probably less of a risk to "you and a few others" than it is to the people with a few hundred million on the line, it makes perfect sense to stick until everything's in place to reduce the risk as much as possible, you don't consistently win in poker by going all in every time you get slightly short stacked, you win by playing a longer game and only going all in when you either have no choice or have pretty good idea you'll win.

The owners are doing what they can to stack the odds in their favour by sorting out the backroom staff then I'm pretty sure they'll twist on Bruce after, no point sacking him now, paying him off, replacing him with another manager just to need to replace them a few months later once everything else is sorted 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2018 at 10:48, DaveAV1 said:

Do you really think that as a senior coach at Man City he doesn’t know how to set up a defence??

I agree he has no management experience, but he will start somewhere so perhaps we should take the risk. Pochetinho had no experience in the PL, Southampton gave him the chance and now we have no chance of getting a manager like him. 

We currently have a very experienced manager and a former league winning CB and look at the mess he’s got us into at the back. 

The thing with experience is, some people have lots of different experiences and some people just have the same experience lots of times. 

Sorry just picked this one from the multiple posts drooling over arteta on page 130 & before.

I'm not sure just how much impact a little bald spaniard standing at the side of a pitch can have to a bunch of players that cost about a billion £ but with Arteta in his place last night City were absolutely shite