New Manager Speculation

maqroll

14 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

My worry would be bringing someone new in would  probably take a minimum of a month to even start playing how they'll want us to play. That would more than likely see us 20 points of automatic in January than Bruce staying. I wouldn't change Bruce until its pretty much clear he can't take us up, with that way as well it would also give the new head coach extra time to implement ideas without too much pressure from the fans. 

Nah the players might get an immediate new manager boost.  Change it now and save the season I say.

• Like 2

We keep getting worse under Bruce.

I don't think the players have much faith in him any longer. To paraphrase Guardiola i think(?) "As the same voice speaks over timrle, the words gradually loses their impact" 

The sooner we get someone in, the better.

I think we'll see a dramatic change if we get someone who actually knows how to coach players. Who knows how to instruct them and get their ideas across. Someone who actually have a gameplay to implement. 

Something has definitely changed with regards to Bruce and his relationship with the players. Not sure if it's down to Terry and Snodgrass no longer influencing the dressing room or the bizarre team selections but for me that's the major step backwards from last season.

Whoever comes in next should provide an immediate lift in moral amongst players and fans. I think we need an established manager who can demand respect, coach during the week and kick arses on a matchday. Just not sure who fits that profile?

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Thierry Henry

Ralph Hasenhüttl

Marco Rose 

Oscar Garcia 

Zeljko Buvac 

Mellberg/Laursen 

Dyche perhaps if burnley’s poor form continues for another month ?

I’m bored .... can you tell.... 

Claudio Ranieri..

Quique Sanchez Flores..

Slavan Bilic..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

There are some available that are miles better than the one we have. I can guarantee you that.

I can agree with that.

Just took a bit of time to research Ralph Hasenhüttl & Marco Rose and they appear to be very good coaches and tacticians.

http://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2018/analysis-the-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-rb-leipzig-under-ralph-hasenhuttl/

Marco Rose being heavily influenced in the Gegenpressing style.

https://www.esdfanalysis.com/manager-analysis/marco-rose-line-become-next-bundesligas-great-manager/

It would be interesting to see if our new board and CEO are capable of bringing someone of that ilk

• Like 2

The decision to sack Bruce now comes down to whether you think a caretaker manager would do a better job as a short term appointment until we can get the men we want. Considering that person is probably going to be KMac then the answer is no.

It is better to keep Bruce until we have a new manager ready then cut him loose and bring the new man in straight away. 

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Thierry Henry

Ralph Hasenhüttl

Marco Rose 

Oscar Garcia 

Zeljko Buvac 

Mellberg/Laursen 

Dyche perhaps if burnley’s poor form continues for another month ?

I’m bored .... can you tell.... 

Hassehhuttl and Rose sound very impressive after a few reads. Mind you I’ve read that Steve Bruce has been promoted 4 times you know. 

• Haha 1