New Manager Speculation

maqroll

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

He should be let go irrespective of how we finish the season. I'll certainly applaud him, should we get promoted, and he'll have earned his corn, no questions. However, the simple fact is Bruce just isn't a progressive enough manager, for where we want to be, imho. 

Spot on

My personal opinion is this.   

I can't say I've ever really liked a Villa gaffer since Brian Little / John Gregory - until Brucie came across

I don't know what it is, I just think he suits Villa, I like him and think he will get us back up and stabilise us in the prem.  Whether that is this season we will see.  I genuinely think this season has been a freak with 4 teams all bombing on......... 

But regardless of the outcome I want him to stay at Villa for the foreseeable.....................

There is some big contracts coming to an end this season, so may have a bit o wiggle room round FFP and have another bash at it next season if we dont go up - that is all we can do.....

I genuinley dont think the club will get rid of him if we dont promote - i think if he goes, he will stand down - but I dont think he will or the club will want him too - as lets face it - well lose his backroom staff and will have to rebuild "again"  

If we stay down we will inevitably lose a few players - maybe the loan players wont be back but id be confident we would have a squad with Elmo, Taylor, Chester, Hourihane, Whelan, Jedi, Lansbury, Grealish, Hogan, Adomah, Bree, Bjanrason, Davis.......... Ive got a sneaky feeling JT will stick around regardless............... if thats the case, itll be a new No1 if we cant afford SJ, a new player wide right............ and if we can keep a fully fit kodjia and afford Grabban i think well be strong again........... we may even look to reintegrate Gil, DeLaet, Elphick, Gollini if we cant find buyers

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

My personal opinion is this.   

I can't say I've ever really liked a Villa gaffer since Brian Little / John Gregory - until Brucie came across

I don't know what it is, I just think he suits Villa, I like him and think he will get us back up and stabilise us in the prem.  Whether that is this season we will see.  I genuinely think this season has been a freak with 4 teams all bombing on......... 

But regardless of the outcome I want him to stay at Villa for the foreseeable.....................

There is some big contracts coming to an end this season, so may have a bit o wiggle room round FFP and have another bash at it next season if we dont go up - that is all we can do.....

I genuinley dont think the club will get rid of him if we dont promote - i think if he goes, he will stand down - but I dont think he will or the club will want him too - as lets face it - well lose his backroom staff and will have to rebuild "again"  

If we stay down we will inevitably lose a few players - maybe the loan players wont be back but id be confident we would have a squad with Elmo, Taylor, Chester, Hourihane, Whelan, Jedi, Lansbury, Grealish, Hogan, Adomah, Bree, Bjanrason, Davis.......... Ive got a sneaky feeling JT will stick around regardless............... if thats the case, itll be a new No1 if we cant afford SJ, a new player wide right............ and if we can keep a fully fit kodjia and afford Grabban i think well be strong again........... we may even look to reintegrate Gil, DeLaet, Elphick, Gollini if we cant find buyers

Can you explain what it is you like about him? Or is it just a feeling? The football is hit and miss. The performances go up and down massively. Team selections are barmy at times as are substitutions. He seems a nice bloke but I don’t think he’s got a big club mentality in him to manage us. He’s used the same old plan for us but we are a different beast and he has gotten a lot of leeway as promotion is still attainable but if we go up what will he give us. If this is as good as he gets and I think it is he has to go. Get Jokanovic and ask him to bring Sessegnon and Cairney with him. Might be cheaper yo-yo just buy Fulham though!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Lets take Jokanovic, after we beat Fulham in the Play-off final ;) 

In before the illogical "But if we beat them in the playoff final, surely that means Bruce is the better manager"

:ph34r:

I think he will be here next season and part of me thinks that continuity will be best for the club and the players who are doing well.

That said, I would love someone to come in and bed in our exciting youth prospects whilst forging a brand of football that is entertaining, forward thinking and lays the foundation for progression not just out of this league but upwards within the Premier League.  

That man for me is not Bruce.

• Like 1

I've always thought the plan for him was promotion by any means, then a handshake and big brown envelope as he waves and slips off to America for a last pay day in the sun.

Still think that'll happen whether its this season or the next.

He was never going to manage us in the prem.

15 hours ago, KHV said:

I think Bruce will be here next season regardless of whether we go up or not

Me too, and to be honest I'm more than happy with that for now. 

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

I've always thought the plan for him was promotion by any means, then a handshake and big brown envelope as he waves and slips off to America for a last pay day in the sun.

I don't recall him ever saying anything that would lead you to suspect this? Also, he's 57 not 77, he doesn't need 'a last pay day in the sun'. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't recall him ever saying anything that would lead you to suspect this? Also, he's 57 not 77, he doesn't need 'a last pay day in the sun'. 

Well I said "I've always thought" as in IMO. He isn't going to come out and say that is he obviously. I've always thought the doctor had his own plans for life in the prem. Bruce is a cog in the wheel to get there and would receive a nice brown envelope and be on his merry way when that is achieved.

His age is irrelevant. He's been around the block in the UK, probably fancies a crack else where before knocking it on the head before golf and TV pundit life. I'm not privy to his finances so not sure where he does or doesn't need it. It was just what I think is most likely to happen.

17 hours ago, KHV said:

I think Bruce will be here next season regardless of whether we go up or not

Yep I agree.

Not quite sure how I feel about that. It all depends on how much of the squad we can keep if we don't go up.

If we do go up I'm confident he can keep us in the Premier League for a season. It would then depend on his performance if he stays.

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

I couldn't disagree more.

Regardless of our opinion of the guy, I imagine Steve Bruce sees this as his biggest opportunity in management yet.

He's never managed a club of our size, and assuming Xia is the real deal, won't have had a budget of this size either.

I don't think Steve Bruce has any intention of leaving the club if we get promoted.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I couldn't disagree more.

Regardless of our opinion of the guy, I imagine Steve Bruce sees this as his biggest opportunity in management yet.

He's never managed a club of our size, and assuming Xia is the real deal, won't have had a budget of this size either.

I don't think Steve Bruce has any intention of leaving the club if we get promoted.

exactly, there's literately nothing I can think of that would be an incentive for him to not want to stay. 

I cant think of any previous manager I have been so fickle about. One month I see all the good things he brings and the next I want him out. 

As of right now, I think we should keep him next season if we go up or not*.

* subect to change.

• Like 1