New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 hours ago, TRO said:

......Personally, I think SB has done well with what he has got , not the other way around.....

What do you mean by this exactly? Seeing as he's the one who's bought most of them, one would expect him to do well with them. Fwiw I think he should've done even better, e.g. automatic promotion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt there are many clubs in this league, if any that can afford the wages of John Terry and Snodgrass. Yes it's only 2 players but one is our captain and leader and the other has contributed to over 20 goals this season. 

If the financially implications of no promotion are too believed its very unlikely we will have these 2 players next season significantly weakening us before the summer even starts. 

We both know a reasoned debate on a villa forum about whether he would want to remain in the job next season if still in this league will not have an impact on the pitch. 

But happy to park it there until the season is over in the hope it doesn't need to be revisited. 

grumblings have a knock on effect with fans it can easily turn in to negativity and subsequently find its way in to the ground......don't under estimate WOM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vreitti said:

What do you mean by this exactly? Seeing as he's the one who's bought most of them, one would expect him to do well with them. Fwiw I think he should've done even better, e.g. automatic promotion.

well we have done well with them.

Auto......No not quite ready at the start and a bit short on consistency overall, injuries to too many key players inhibited us.....Auto, not on that basis.

13 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Yes if we managed to get Arteta or similar type manager , I feel its the right direction to take.  

Based on what? What's Arteta done to show what kind of manager he is?

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what? What's Arteta done to show what kind of manager he is?

I agree Areteta maybe a risk. If I recall Mourino was assistance manager for Barcelona /Porto etc & won CL with after becoming their manager a year or two later. Areteta too have worked under Wenger & Pep, think that would have help. 

8 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

I agree Areteta maybe a risk. If I recall Mourino was assistance manager for Barcelona /Porto etc & won CL with after becoming their manager a year or two later. Areteta too have worked under Wenger & Pep, think that would have help. 

Fair enough, you're going purely on a hunch.

I can't see how any of us know what "type" of manager Arteta will be. 

2 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Mourino managed a small Portuguese club and they massively over achieved under him. He earned the Porto move. 

Has Arteta even managed yet?

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mourino managed a small Portuguese club and they massively over achieved under him. He earned the Porto move. 

Has Arteta even managed yet?

Yes I agreed he have not managed before. But among the hype of all the ex player eg Veira/ Yorke etc , I feel Arteta make the most sense. If we are not promoted , the chances of us attracting an establish progressive manager say like Wolves/Nuno etc will be slim. 

We in China follow lots of  different league games  :Premiership /La Liga/ French league etc. We do feel the most improved team this season is City. The way the players worked for each other , the movenent etc.I am sure a lot of this is due to Pep but the coaching team which Arteta is part off , definitely play a part too. 

On the other hand , don’t think he will drop a division to join if we are not promoted though.

16 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Yes I agreed he have not managed before. But among the hype of all the ex player eg Veira/ Yorke etc , I feel Arteta make the most sense. If we are not promoted , the chances of us attracting an establish progressive manager say like Wolves/Nuno etc will be slim. 

We in China follow lots of  different league games  :Premiership /La Liga/ French league etc. We do feel the most improved team this season is City. The way the players worked for each other , the movenent etc.I am sure a lot of this is due to Pep but the coaching team which Arteta is part off , definitely play a part too. 

On the other hand , don’t think he will drop a division to join if we are not promoted though.

Be surprised if he can walk straight in to Premier League club without any experience. He may have to drop down a division first. 

Agree that working with Pep for a year must be priceless experience .

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Be surprised if he can walk straight in to Premier League club without any experience. He may have to drop down a division first. 

Yeah that one weekend did wonders for Lambert  ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/31969/11274999/thierry-henry-i-learned-how-to-play-football-again-under-pep-guardiola

Read the above recently , maybe be old news. Just felt that if even an old experience player like thirrrey Henry who’s played all life under Wenger , can still learn something new , this current City set up is definitely onto something. If Areteta made good use of the 2 years under him, that would help him in his development.

Forgive me sometimes if our views are different , but thinks its natural as we are in totally different countries / culture & even time zone haha.

But one thing is clear , I am a true Villa fan & wants them to do well & also to play a more progressive/ attractive football in order to increase fan base especially in new market like ours. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Forgive me sometimes if our views are different

If we all had the same view then they'd be no need for a forum my friend! :)

Are you based in China? It's always great to have the views of overseas fans. 

As for Pep, I think he is an amazing manager. All three of the teams he has managed are or were a genuine pleasure to watch and is what football is all about. Only criticism would be that he always wants to play that way regardless of the opponent. I think that has been his downfall in the the champions league over the last 5 years.

As for Arteta. The more I think about it the more it maybe wouldn't be the worse appointment in the world if he was ready to step up from coach to manager. But it still would be a massive risk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we all had the same view then they'd be no need for a forum my friend! :)

Are you based in China? It's always great to have the views of overseas fans. 

As for Pep, I think he is an amazing manager. All three of the teams he has managed are or were a genuine pleasure to watch and is what football is all about. Only criticism would be that he always wants to play that way regardless of the opponent. I think that has been his downfall in the the champions league over the last 5 years.

As for Arteta. The more I think about it the more it maybe wouldn't be the worse appointment in the world if he was ready to step up from coach to manager. But it still would be a massive risk. 

Thanks. Yes I am based in Shanghai & Singapore.

Used to support Villa from afar & sometimes I can’t understand why certain decision/ directions our club is taking , but thanks to VT I am beginning to understand more. Cheers !

I want to see how we perform in play offs first before i decide on bruce. If we flop without a fight then yes adios. But if we get very unlucky and lose id consider giving him next season.

I mean if Fulham go up lets say we shouldn't really be fearing any of the sides coming down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I want to see how we perform in play offs first before i decide on bruce. If we flop without a fight then yes adios. But if we get very unlucky and lose id consider giving him next season.

I mean if Fulham go up lets say we shouldn't really be fearing any of the sides coming down.

I’d fear Southampton if they drop.