New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He'd jump at the chance to manage us. He's far from a shoe in for a premier league job given that his "achievements" at Celtic amount to zero (IMO). A blind donkey could win the league/cup/league cup with them. There is no competition. 

I think you'll be disappointed if you believe that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Agreed.

He ticks all the boxes and rumours of him being our next manager are already starting to grow.  I would be amazed when we are next recruiting no move for Rodgers is made - whether he would come is another matter.

Yes yes yes yes! I thought this earlier. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Just yes.

44 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I did wonder if that was the case,  No harm no foul as they say in your part of the World.

actually, "no harm no foul" is pretty close to the "advantage" call.    But thanks for understanding.

On 15/08/2018 at 12:55, villa89 said:

He'd jump at the chance to manage us. He's far from a shoe in for a premier league job given that his "achievements" at Celtic amount to zero (IMO). A blind donkey could win the league/cup/league cup with them. There is no competition. 

He is probably the highest rated British coach around and Chelsea and Arsenal had him on shortlists if stories are to be believed

He is also a huge ego and no way he will drop down a division especially mid-season as he needs coach the players in pre-season for his style

Would have to agree with those saying Rodgers would likely not come to us. Once we're in the PL, then we're talking. This is the same Rodgers that nearly won the league for Liverpool. He went to Celtic to add trophies to his name imo. I doubt he and Bielsa's idea of ambition are the same, unfortunately.

So had a quick look through the available managers and I'd say these are the 'best' candidates we'd have a (semi in some cases) realistic chance of getting, may have missed some out:

Ranieri
Moyes
Alladyce
Frank de Boer
Peter Bosz
Bilic
Carlos Carvalhal

Think the known candidates in Ranieri, Moyes and Alladyce would bring much of the same; although I'd say slightly superior aside from Moyes who's been completely shit since he left Everton.

Frank de Boer and Peter Bosz both did very well at Ajax but not so well subsequently although both not really given much time. Peter Bosz in particular plays pressing attacking football that I'd love to see at Villa Park but I imagine he would take some convincing and is looking for a top flight side.

Don't really know much about Carlos Carvahal to be honest apart from what I briefly saw of Swansea, has said he'd like to return to the English game. Bilic I quite like and was surprised to read on his Wiki that "He left the team with a record of 1.33 points per Premier League game, which is the best of any previous West Ham manager", we could do a lot worse.

• Like 1

Of those mangers who are potentially obtainable I'd love benitez (OK that is borderline unrealistic but not impossible if we sell him our vision). I'd be happy enough with Brendan Rodgers or some progressive young manager who can help set the foundations for a real villa engine. 

One thing is for sure, if the owners want to achieve their goals then Bruce isn't the man to take the club there. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, penguin said:

So had a quick look through the available managers and I'd say these are the 'best' candidates we'd have a (semi in some cases) realistic chance of getting, may have missed some out:

Ranieri
Moyes
Alladyce
Frank de Boer
Peter Bosz
Bilic
Carlos Carvalhal                                       Thierry Henry                                             Arsené Wenger                         Benithez                                                Brenda Rodgers

Those two in bold 7 days a week, twice on Sunday.  :thumb:

Both realistic, both obtainable and the club sells itself really. It's the owners future vision and project that any new manager would need to buy into imo.

I feel we have the resources to build on what we already have this season and any decent manager worth their salt would get this team playing decent football with results to match with the guaranteed riches if they reach promotion to basically build their own Premier League team.

What do we have to lose?

I would be queuing at the door already with my CV to manage this club especially now with the 3rd richest owners in the british game regardless what league we may be in.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Remember when MON arrived, the crowds outside Villa Park to welcome him. Thats what I wanna see again, the only person I could see that happening with is Rafa. No other man for the job as far as I'm concerned.

Bang on sir.

That was a real statement of intent by Randy and I would like to see these owners repeat the feat with something similar again one day.

We could have had Jonathan Bond (on a Bosman this summer) from Reading who was in goal on loan when Peterborough beat us in FA Cup in January.

He went to the Baggies as back up to Sam Johnstone but Bond would have been a good pick up!

Only 25 and getting better all the time!

Edited by Villan4Life