New Manager Speculation

maqroll

The dinosaurs are heading towards extinction...

Mourinhosaurus

Bruceasaurus

These are two examples of the dinosaurs that haven't adapted to the current climate....

We need someone who actually coaches his players, actually has tactics...... Someone that actually has a plan!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The dinosaurs are heading towards extinction...

Mourinhosaurus

Bruceasaurus

These are two examples of the dinosaurs that haven't adapted to the current climate....

We need someone who actually coaches his players, actually has tactics...... Someone that actually has a plan!

Bit odd to say Jose has non of that. He is renowned for his planning. 

Have no idea what’s going on at old Trafford. I personally think it’s too many over rated players. 

On 20/08/2018 at 19:31, Reivax_Villa said:

I also think Arteta has a big future in the world of management.

He is simply learning from the best there is at the moment.

I would be surprised if we ever considered him to be our manager because many would consider him a big risk.

Arteta always seems to be deep in thought and concentration when watching games and listening to Pep.  

I wonder what he is thinking.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Arteta always seems to be deep in thought and concentration when watching games and listening to Pep.  

I wonder what he is thinking.

"I wonder if I screw my face up a bit, and maybe cover my mouth from time to time when I chat to Pep about the weather, if people will actually believe I've had any input into Man City's style of football" 

Edited by weedman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have no idea what’s going on at old Trafford. I personally think it’s too many over rated players. 

Yeah fair point about the planning but I don't think he is renowned at all for actually coaching players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not sure we necessarily need someone who coaches his players.  If the manager has tactics / a system and has a proper plan that involves buying players that fit into his tactics and plan then does he need to do a whole lot of coaching?  If I am building a house and employ skilled architect to design the property, a skilled project manager to manage the process and skilled tradesmen to do the work then I don't need to coach any of them in how to do their job.  The problem is if you employ a carpenter and then insist on him doing all the plumbing then coaching (or lack of) becomes more of an issue.  However, if you had had a proper strategy and plan to start with you would probably have employed a carpenter and a plumber.  And this is where my main beef with Steve Bruce is - I don't see a "style" of football in his tactics or his purchases.  He has had plenty of time, opportunity, money and transfer windows now to strengthen the team, develop a system, coach players to play a different role if he thinks they will do a better job but instead we still have people used in positions or roles that do not suit their main strengths.  I also think that he is building me a 1990 semi when I really want a modern villa (sorry terrible pun!) but hey that is a different discussion.  Give me a tactician and planner first - get things moving in the right direction and then allow him to bring in a like-minded coaching team to train our youth and young apprentices in their trade and our "style" or a like-minded scouting team to go out and head-hunt people who will fit into our "style".

• Like 2

Yeah this looks like the end for Bruce. I have (and still do to an extent) support him. Big moment for the new owners - despite all the flak and wanting a 'progressive' manager , it would be very very easy to appoint someone worse than Bruce - I just don't see a novice like Arteta or Henry working. 

The owners talk about a statement of intent how about an approach for Brendan Rodgers - a "we are not taking no for an answer" approach - Eddie Howe , Sean Dyche - to progress we have to get a manager that is deemed 'ungettable'  - an untested rookie won't cut it for me.

Nathan Jones as a left field option. 

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Penny for your thoughts Mik?

Mikel-Arteta-894015.jpg

"I am totally inexperienced at club management, and don't feel ready for the Aston Villa job  - but hey other idiots have gone before me and took the money and run - so why not " 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KSV said:

I reckon Henry is on standby... as soon as we lose 1-2 games in a row... i reckon new owners will pull the trigger

Even though everyone involved came out and said it was total BS and the only actual source to report it at the time was the Daily Star?

Okay.

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because clearly : attacking football = progressive tactically astute manager while defensive football = dinosaur with no clue about tactics 

50 minutes ago, KSV said:

I reckon Henry is on standby... as soon as we lose 1-2 games in a row... i reckon new owners will pull the trigger

Henry will grow old waiting for us to lose 1 - 2 games in a row. ;)