New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

There are few certainties in life. 

Death and faxes apparently.  Although I am not sure about faxes anymore, I think they've been replaced by e-mail now. 

Death and e-mail are the only certainties in life. 

• Haha 1

Really surprised at the amount of posters who think this is a good idea based.

While no one knows how this will turn out I would be a lot more positive if the new man wasn't taking over a completely unbalanced squad in the bottom half of the table with at least a little experience of building a cohesive team.

Everything crossed this goes well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Death and faxes apparently.  Although I am not sure about faxes anymore, I think they've been replaced by e-mail now. 

Death and e-mail are the only certainties in life. 

And stupid people. Bloody everywhere. Can’t escape them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Stick Martinez on the same regurgitated crap list as Bruce, Moyes, Hughes, McCarthy, Allardyce, Pardew, Redknapp, Pulis et al have all won **** all over years. 

Martinez won more with Wigan Athletic than Villa have in last 20 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Screw it... I’m not supporting any manager but Joe Fookin Kinnear...

Crazy Joe In!!!

Can you imagine his first press conference?

Crazy Joe: “Before we get started, which one of you lot is James Nursey?”

Nursey: “Uh... me...”

Joe: “You’re a c***!”

Brilliant!  The football might be shit, but the pressers will be amazing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Stick Martinez on the same regurgitated crap list as Bruce, Moyes, Hughes, McCarthy, Allardyce, Pardew, Redknapp, Pulis et al have all won **** all over years. 

Don't get the hate for Martinez tbh.  Did a good job at Swansea, did a good job at Wigan, did a decent job at Everton and, for whatever it's worth, has done well with Belgium.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

He had managed Valencia and Porto before Wolves. 

Henry has managed nobody. Ever.

That's a massive difference.

But failed nobody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

True. But we are in a worse position as a club than derby with far higher expectations. This is a club so big that some people on this very forum think we can attract some of the worlds top managers and yet we are now after a man with no managerial experience.

I knew we wouldn't be getting any of the silly names being mentioned (for which I was lambasted by some), but I did at least think we would hire an actual manager and not a potential one.

I will be devastated if we hire Henry.

And I will be thrilled if we get Henry. Pure winning pedigree.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Seeing reports that we’re now after Martinez and not Henry...  I’m 100% for this. I’m a huge supporter of his.

He has turned us down before and I would expect him to do so again if we offered him the job. I wouldn't give him the chance to do that myself.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Don't get the hate for Martinez tbh.  Did a good job at Swansea, did a good job at Wigan, did a decent job at Everton and, for whatever it's worth, has done well with Belgium.

Because it’s Villa. Mourinho could sign for us and there would be some on here to find something to complain about. Sign a manager who plays attacking football, and he’ll get slated for defensive issues. Sign a manager who plays defensive football, and he’ll get slated for being boring. Sign a manager with a lot of experience and he’ll get slated for whatever his worst experience was. Sign an inexperienced manager, and he’ll get slated for that. 

Welcome to Villa Talk!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He got Wigan relegated leaking a lot of goals which shit managers like Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce couldnt even achieve. Everton were going downhill under him including losing 4-0 to Liverpool and 3-0 to a woeful Sunderland team just before he got the boot and spent money on some crap

• Like 3