New Manager Speculation

maqroll

35 minutes ago, privateer said:

Is that an ITK hint? Martinez DOF, Henry and Terry coaching staff and, with the Belgium connection and leverage, Eden Hazard coming in January? I like it.

Fun and jokes aside.

That wouldn't be half bad.

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

utter drivel

relegated Wigan, another season at Everton and he probably would have done the same. 2 wins in his last 15 and 1 was vs our relegated team 

spent 23 million that season on Oumar Niasse and Funes Mori 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Guardiola, Zidane, Conte, Ancelloti, Deschamp, Simeone, Capello, Rijkaard, Daglish, Beckenbauer,  Del Bosque, Trapattoni, Cryuff. 

Yes im sure you can list many top players that failed as managers. But then I could also list many ordinary players that failed as managers too. 

Top player does not equal poor manager and it’s a pretty simplistic way of thinking to suggest it does in my opinion. 

I do agree with your last sentence though based on the fact he has zero experience. Being a top player has nothing to do with it.

I was responding to someone who said he was a great player and insinuating that that would make him a top manager. 

Edited by One For The Road

32 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Faith is believing in something without sufficient evidence. 

I don't have faith in anything. I have beliefs based on the available evidence. In the absence of any evidence to suggest Henry will make a good manager, I would rather hire someone who has proven himself. Not one of the old school merry go round types, but someone who has done a good job somewhere and has some fresh ideas.

I'd like to see Smith or Rodgers given the job.

You may not have any evidence, because like the rest of us we are not privy to the type of info the club’s decision makers will have. And even with that level of information there is still room and perhaps even need for some faith. There are few certainties in life. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

relegated Wigan, another season at Everton and he probably would have done the same. 2 wins in his last 15 and 1 was vs our relegated team 

now if  that had been your post I wouldn't have responded the way I did.  

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

spent 23 million that season on Oumar Niasse and Funes Mori 

And yet Henry is only his assistant. ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

frank rijkaard was a pretty crap manager with a great Barcelona squad in front of him

? you're not allowed to say that! that works with the argument that pep is actually a good manager who had to do something at barca....cant have that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet he will go down in Wigan history as the hero that won them the FA cup. it’s a funny old game. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You may not have any evidence, because like the rest of us we are not privy to the type of info the club’s decision makers will have. And even with that level of information there is still room and perhaps even need for some faith. There are few certainties in life. 

Faith is the excuse people give for believing in things without evidence.

There is never a need for that in my view. And especially not when we are in the situation we are in. We need solid decisions based on cold hard facts.