New Manager Speculation

maqroll

32 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Paul Cook is an interesting suggestion but it's a big risk we shouldn't take.

Peter Bosz is still unemployed ;)

Bosz record is pretty poor and padded by managing Ajax where he won nothing

Cook on the other hand has 3 promotions in the last 5 seasons winning the title in each season and beat City

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I don’t think any championship side is looking to appoint Dean Smith as a manager as the owners would have an understanding of his input in Brentford’s set up.However they might be interested in recruiting his as a coach to work under a manager.He is our head coach with 2 others alongside and they do work as a democratic team.Interesting you mention subs there was an instance last season where after the game Dean was happy to admit he was about to sub a player but he stayed on and got the winner due to the other 2 coaches saying he should stay on.Some fans and most commentators tend to criticise our set up and owner and peddle miss information especially around the time Warburton left (he was never sacked )but most of our fans are more than happy with our set up that suits a club of our size that has now completed 4 years of top half finnishes in the championship.

I agree there might not be many champ sides looking to appoint him, but there's definitely some fans that are pleading that way.    I applaud the Brentford way and find it intriguing however I don't believe the strategy is for all clubs and Villa with its high expectations would not get away with it.

My point on Dean Smith is that his next club wherever he ends up (if and once he moves on) would be taking a big risk, imho I don't think Villa are at that point to be taking such a risk although our hands may be forced due to FFP

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bosz record is pretty poor and padded by managing Ajax where he won nothing

Cook on the other hand has 3 promotions in the last 5 seasons winning the title in each season and beat City

Took a crap Ajax side to the Europa League final. Doesn't matter anyway, I wasn't serious and we would never approach him and he would probably say No if we did.

5 hours ago, Skills said:

I agree there might not be many champ sides looking to appoint him, but there's definitely some fans that are pleading that way.    I applaud the Brentford way and find it intriguing however I don't believe the strategy is for all clubs and Villa with its high expectations would not get away with it.

My point on Dean Smith is that his next club wherever he ends up (if and once he moves on) would be taking a big risk, imho I don't think Villa are at that point to be taking such a risk although our hands may be forced due to FFP

I think we need to realise that those expectation levels need to lowered somewhat - whoever comes in it could be a long haul job with bringing a few youth players through - I think if we are competing for the play offs next season it will be more than acceptable .

we are in a real mess and it will take time from here . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skills said:

I pretty sure Dean Smith realises all that but if a big money offer comes along would be very hard to turn down.Be interesting to see what happens at Leeds with Heckingbotton who was lorded about last season after doing a good job at Barnsley on a small budget now looking to off load after only a few months.If Dean was our manager and responsible for everything on the football side of the club think he would have gone a while ago.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John said:

Given our financial situation, can we really afford to appoint another manager and his backroom staff as well as pay up the contracts of the ones we have? 

We have to. Most important thing we do this summer is get a group of staff who play football.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John said:

Given our financial situation, can we really afford to appoint another manager and his backroom staff as well as pay up the contracts of the ones we have? 

No, what we should do is stick with the failure that we already have and give him even less resources to work with. That should do it.

• Haha 1