New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

No, what we should do is stick with the failure that we already have and give him even less resources to work with. That should do it.

He's done it four times to be fair...

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think we need to realise that those expectation levels need to lowered somewhat - whoever comes in it could be a long haul job with bringing a few youth players through - I think if we are competing for the play offs next season it will be more than acceptable .

we are in a real mess and it will take time from here . 

its easier said than done...  if we finished midtable but played attractive football id say VT would be a lot more hostile than it is currently

• Like 2

I see Marcelo Bisela has tentatively been linked with the Leeds vacancy   surely bullshit 

i can see  Pearson or mick McCarthy being targeted if Bruce goes doubt the club would take the risk on Bisela sadly

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see Marcelo Bisela has tentatively been linked with the Leeds vacancy   surely bullshit 

i can see  Pearson or mick McCarthy being targeted if Bruce goes doubt the club would take the risk on Bisela sadly

I really wouldn't rule out Steve Agnew. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Did a shit job at boro as a manager - I’d rather stick with Bruce than go for Agnew .

Bruce and his cronies need to go .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Neither would I. It's just the sort of cheap ass short term thinking I'd expect from the club right now. Has to be someone outside of the Bruce regime.

• Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/968177/Leeds-United-next-manager-deadline-Marcelo-Bielsa-Steve-Bruce-Claudio-Ranieri-Almeyda

The club are understood to be lining up a new boss with the intention of having him I’m place by the start of next week.

Marcelo Bielsa has been strongly linked with the Eland Road side.

And reports in Italy claim there are three other men on Leeds’ radar.

According to Sky Sport Italia reporter Mario Giunta, Leeds have already met Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce, ex-Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri and Matias Almeyda, who has left Chivas Guadalajara.

Oh what a difficult choice to make.... please take Bruce and we can have Bisela ! 

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

The great Bielsa. Won two Argentine league titles 20 odd years ago and an Olympic medal with Argentina . Apparently plays nice football but mostltly unsuccessful for his entire 30 year career. A footballing myth if ever I have seen one. File along Jack Wilshire. Lots of hype but fails to deliver virtually all of the time. Leeds can have him. He will deliver **** all as he does 99.9% of the time. He will probably lose his shit and quit at some point. Quite why people get excited by him is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

The great Bielsa. Won two Argentine league titles 20 odd years ago and an Olympic medal with Argentina . Apparently plays nice football but mostltly unsuccessful for his entire 30 year career. A footballing myth if ever I have seen one. File along Jack Wilshire. Lots of hype but fails to deliver virtually all of the time. Leeds can have him. He will deliver **** all as he does 99.9% of the time. He will probably lose his shit and quit at some point. Quite why people get excited by him is beyond me.

Speaking as someone who's still in recovery from the horror of Bielsa's recent tenure at the Lille helm, ^thisity ^this ^this ^this.  Leeds are most welcome, he'd be utterly disastrous.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Yes, there's a reason Leeds are the only interested club interested in him, people get excited over a fancy foreign name and a rumour of them playing attractive football. Fact is Bruce is statistaclly our best manager of recent time, we would be mental to get rid of him and replace him with someone like Bielsa, far to much of a risk in our current situation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Yes, there's a reason Leeds are the only interested club interested in him, people get excited over a fancy foreign name and a rumour of them playing attractive football. Fact is Bruce is statistaclly our best manager of recent time, we would be mental to get rid of him and replace him with someone like Bielsa, far to much of a risk in our current situation. 

True, alough it wouldn't if say an 'established' manager where to be replacing Bruce.

If Leeds are big enough to talk to people like Ranieri etc. then we will have no problem either.

I would hope we would atleast be 'talking' to this calibre of manager too in Ranieri's, Benithez, Wengers etc.

As mentioned above, Wenger looking for a new challenge - A club of our size and stature has got to be the biggest type of challenge outside of the Premiership. Fill your boots Arsene. :thumb: