Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

12 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Don't apologise SGC. You didn't hit your girlfriend in the street then grab her round the throat, shove her up a wall, hit her again, grab her throat again, shove her against said wall again and when she fell to the ground start kicking her on the floor. You have nothing to be sorry about. England beckoned once before his injury woes, now I expect him to rock up at Bramhall Lane tbh. Liverpool don't let home grown 24yr old England hopefuls leave on a free for no reason. Too much even for them.

Thanks, I think

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Don't apologise SGC. You didn't hit your girlfriend in the street then grab her round the throat, shove her up a wall, hit her again, grab her throat again, shove her against said wall again and when she fell to the ground start kicking her on the floor. You have nothing to be sorry about. England beckoned once before his injury woes, now I expect him to rock up at Bramhall Lane tbh. Liverpool don't let home grown 24yr old England hopefuls leave on a free for no reason. Too much even for them.

Did they wear t-shirts for her?

9 hours ago, Silent_Bob said:

I wish Villa would look to Scandinavia. Plenty of good players who would be successfull at Championship level available for small amounts of money.

The next Mellberg, Carew and Laursen are all playing there now and would probably consider the Championship to be a good career move.

Twenty years ago the Premier League was littered with Scandinavian players, but in those days top English clubs were selling their best players to Italy and Spain. With all the money that has been pumped into the league since then top clubs don't go there looking for bargains anymore. But that doesn't mean that talent doesn't exist there.

I'm all for it, just make sure it's the Mellbergs, Carews and Laursens we get and not the Allbäcks, Hellenius and Enkelmans ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm all for it, just make sure it's the Mellbergs, Carews and Laursens we get and not the Allbäcks, Hellenius and Enkelmans ? 

Allback does not deserve to be in that list. 

• Like 3

I can only imagine we'll be signing freebies if anyone at all, so nothing to see here until July 1st

I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago -  Think Wolves will be releasing Jordan Graham, could be a cheap option to give competition to Adomah, spent 12 years here so will know a lot of people already and was doing really well prior to long term injury back end of last season (so missed most of this season).

Its time for the likes of Steer, Lansbury, Bree, Bjarnason, Hogan etc to step up and also give plenty of game time to the youngsters who did so well last season for the u23s but were over looked.

Don't think anyone will be expecting promotion so will be nice to see them play with the pressure off, which will allow them to play more expressively 

• Like 2

On 08/06/2018 at 17:53, screwdriver said:

If we got Jack Wiltshire on loan we could play some amazing football the two Jacks linking up.

I would try and swap Adomah back with Adamah Traore. Last seasons team was solid but not enough pace especially down the flanks.

I'm still not decided whether I'd want Snodgrass back. He gave me some euphoria with last minute winners but his no show in the final disappointed me immensely. and We need to be rapid down the flanks.

If Jono doesn't want to come back try and get Hart.

We need to go all out for the title this season. Hit the ground running from day 1.

This is brilliant. I had to double check the date to see when it was posted. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 4

Jordan Graham isn't a bad shout at all, assuming he can recover from what was a very serious injury. 

However, I wonder if we will have enough money to sign any players at all on permanent deals. We may just have to supplement whoever is left in late July with five loan players. We need Bruce's contact list and knack of wheeling and dealing for that, because if those four or five loan players aren't good enough, we're heading for relegation. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

As long as the budget / plan isn't to sell Grealish and Chester to allow Bruce to sign expensive experienced players on loan again.

I imagine the budget/plan is to sell Chester and Grealish and sign nobody.

• Like 3

Sako at Palace out of contract too this summer.  Good wide option with pace.  Problem is of course, even though someone is technically free, we probably can’t offer anyone a half decent contract.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Sako at Palace out of contract too this summer.  Good wide option with pace.  Problem is of course, even though someone is technically free, we probably can’t offer anyone a half decent contract.  

He’s on around 90k a week at palace signed big wages deal when joined from wolves

he would want least fifty k a week. He isn’t That good anyway and apart from few games at start of his palace career he has done the square root of Didgy squat since 

Â