Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Let's just hope he stays fit now 

Very true SGC, we've had many "superstars in the making" over the years, Moore brothers, 'Fonz and Gabby (to an extent) to name a few, but RHM is better than all of them IMO, he could be as important as keeping Jack next season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Very true SGC, we've had many "superstars in the making" over the years, Moore brothers, 'Fonz and Gabby (to an extent) to name a few, but RHM is better than all of them IMO, he could be as important as keeping Jack next season.

Agreed

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

RHM isn't a winger, not by any stretch of the imagination, he's an out and out centre forward, For me, he's better than Davis, although Davis has played for our first team a lot more but RHM has been injured a lot. 

I agree re RHM , think it'll fine it easier to play wide, until he's used to the league. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Rubbish 

Theres only way out of this mess - buy and buy big - if that means big fee's and big wages so be it ! 

And make sure they are given 6 year contracts MINIMUM, preferably 7?

Don't need to spend milions and millions as the one chap hippo said earlier (why is my question to him?) There are plenty of good players in lower leagues take Bayliss & Shipley of Coventry (They will probably cost about £5mil for both of them plus add-ons) sounds like we haven't got a pot to piss in but if there was any chance these are the type of players we should go for rather than the likes of player 30+ like Glenn Whelan last season.

Edited by Villan4Life

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I see what you mean but I think he's that good, he can come in and play centrally 

I just worry that when he doesn't control our long punts, he'll lose his confidence. What should have come out of last season should have been more starts andmore sub appearances ( not so much RHM as he was injured) but for ohare etc. We would be a lot clearer about their potential. 

39 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I just worry that when he doesn't control our long punts, he'll lose his confidence. What should have come out of last season should have been more starts andmore sub appearances ( not so much RHM as he was injured) but for ohare etc. We would be a lot clearer about their potential. 

I see what you mean there, I think you make some good points

The list of released and retained players at EFL clubs has been published following the conclusion of the 2017/18 season.

Players detailed on the released list can still re-sign or may have now re-signed for their respective clubs ahead of the new season, and so their inclusion does not necessarily mean the player will be leaving the club.

The information was correct as of 19th May 2018.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/efl-club-retained-and-released-lists/

Not sure how we will pay for this player in current times if true:

Linked with John McGinn who West Ham and Celtic was close to offering £5mil for in Jan. My club St Mirren stand to make 25% of a deal for McGinn as part of deal when they sold him to Hibs a few years back.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rangers-celtic-transfers-14772155

Aston Villa are plotting a potential move for Scotland midfielder John McGinn, according to reports.

McGinn, who plays for Scottish Premiership side Hibs, is on Villa's radar as they consider shopping for bargains north of the border, reports the Daily Record.

Villa need to sell players to fall in line with Financial Fair Play rules this summer and will also look to trim the wage bill.

They will still look to add to the squad and the club's recruitment team are said to have lined up McGinn as an option.

Hibs boss Neil Lennon has slapped a £5m price tag on the 23-year-old who has been capped nine times by Scotland having made his international debut in 2016.

Old Firm rivals Celtic and Rangers have also been linked with McGinn, who made 43 appearances last season, scoring six goals and making eight assists.

Hibs chief executive Leeane Dempster has admitted that the club expect to field interest for McGinn during the transfer window.

"John's value is in the team. If John doesn't go in the transfer window this season, I won't be disappointed," Dempster told Sky Sports.

"Neil won't be disappointed, the supporters won't be disappointed. We don't live and die by transfer fees.

"If we were to receive a transfer fee for a player of some significance, of course that would be welcome. That is balanced by the impact it would have on the team.

"John's a magnificent young player. I would be very surprised if we're not tested by a number of clubs."

McGinn signed for Hibs in 2015 from St Mirren and has played 130 times for the Easter Road club.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No players from SPL please, not until we reach league 2 and need to pad out the squad with a few rotation players.

Exactly. Petrov was terrible wasn't he. Hutton was poor all season eh.

Cuellar says hi too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, troon_villan said:

Exactly. Petrov was terrible wasn't he. Hutton was poor all season eh.

Cuellar says hi too. 

Back when Rangers and Celtic go to Uefa cup finals. A lot has changed. Josh Windass is one of the best players in that league, which says it all.

9 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

We do need to be careful of another team.overhaul. We've seen it too many times already, no continualilty. How many years did it take for Man City and Chelsea to buy the league? Only till they had a stable squad? 

Well its too late isn't it? Due to the financial constraints I would be surprised if  more than about 4-5  of the starting XI v Fulham will still be at Villa in August. All the loans have gone back, Terry's gone, Chester and Grealish will go and wouldn't be surprised to see Jedinak and possibly Adomah sold as well.

10 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

We do need to be careful of another team.overhaul. We've seen it too many times already, no continualilty. How many years did it take for Man City and Chelsea to buy the league? Only till they had a stable squad? 

Chelsea won the league back to back in the 2nd and 3rd season after Abramovich took over with Mourinho at the helm after they sacked Ranieri.

They also won the League cup in Mourinhos first season.

So it took Chelsea 2 seasons to buy the league. :D

Rather impressive feat considering the competition.

Shows  what difference a great manager can make.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

Â