Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

@Unused Sub there must be some free transfers on that list that would be worth bringing in, even if it’s to pad out the squad after selling some of our more expensive squad players.

The following are uninspiring and unspectacular, but if our summer is to be frugal, then they’re the type of replacements we may be bringing in: Darren Pratley, Karl Henry, Michael Dawson, Wes Hoolahan, James Perch, Grant Leadbitter.

I’m sure there are some more inspiring names out there, and probably on that list too, but the above ones are just the names that I know are Championship ‘squad-player’ quality, presumably on low wages.

Edited by Rob182

On 13/06/2018 at 22:58, Rob182 said:
@Unused Sub there must be some free transfers on that list that would be worth bringing in, even if it’s to pad out the squad after selling some of our more expensive squad players.

The following are uninspiring and unspectacular, but if our summer is to be frugal, then they’re the type of replacements we may be bringing in: Darren Pratley, Karl Henry, Michael Dawson, Wes Hoolahan, James Perch, Grant Leadbitter.

I’m sure there are some more inspiring names out there, and probably on that list too, but the above ones are just the names that I know are Championship ‘squad-player’ quality, presumably on low wages.

Forest have signed Dawson. The Irish Messi is now free to finally sign for us though having run out his Norwich contract.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Karl Henry. Jesus wept. ??

He was terrible almost a decade ago. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John said:

Forest have signed Dawson. The Irish Messi is now free to finally sign for us though having fun out his Norwich contract.

How much fun did he have in his contract? Might be hard to meet his demands? ?

• Haha 1

On 13/06/2018 at 11:54, Lord Willard said:

We do need to be careful of another team.overhaul. We've seen it too many times already, no continualilty. How many years did it take for Man City and Chelsea to buy the league? Only till they had a stable squad? 

Actually took Chelsea 2 years under Abramovich. But I see where you’re coming from. 

Loan... Dean Henderson,  Axel Tuanzebe,/Matt Miazga, Lewis Baker, Ryan Kent...Free Barry, Robert Huth. Buy...  Nick Powell/Marcus Maddison & jack Marriott? Sell begrudgingly in most cases ... Grealish, Chester, Elphick,  Adomah,/Kodjia  De Laet, Whelan/Jedinak, McCormack! Gardner.... Half the players I wouldn’t sell but needs must. 

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Loan... Dean Henderson,  Axel Tuanzebe,/Matt Miazga, Lewis Baker, Ryan Kent...Free Barry, Robert Huth. Buy...  Nick Powell/Marcus Maddison & jack Marriott? Sell begrudgingly in most cases ... Grealish, Chester, Elphick,  Adomah,/Kodjia  De Laet, Whelan/Jedinak, McCormack! Gardner.... Half the players I wouldn’t sell but needs must. 

As in Gareth Barry?? No thanks, he’s spent half the last season on the piss (taxi gate), his legs have well and truly gone. He’s on massive wages and wouldn’t come keep. Would be worse than the signing of lescott 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As in Gareth Barry?? No thanks, he’s spent half the last season on the piss (taxi gate), his legs have well and truly gone. He’s on massive wages and wouldn’t come keep. Would be worse than the signing of lescott 

Might be alright in back 3 but it would be a big gamble. Huge might though.

I think he's done but might be alright if he'd come for 10k a week max.

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Might be alright in back 3 but it would be a big gamble. Huge might though.

I think he's done but might be alright if he'd come for 10k a week max.

Agreed. I very much doubt that he would join us for 10k a week as well. We will always have our memories of players like  Milner, Young, Benteke and Gareth who left us for honours elsewhere and/or to swell their wallets but we won't be getting them back.

• Like 1

According to the tabloids Bruce want's to sign someone called Dan Burn who plays CB for Wigan.

His wiki says he's really tall (6ft7)so it might be true. Apparently he also had a season on loan at SHA

Anyone seen him play?

37 minutes ago, sne said:

According to the tabloids Bruce want's to sign someone called Dan Burn who plays CB for Wigan.

His wiki says he's really tall (6ft7)so it might be true. Apparently he also had a season on loan at SHA

Anyone seen him play?

Seen him play myself he has come on leaps and bounds last year or two. Wouldn't be a bad signing at all but Wigan will probably want big money for him!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

Â