Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

53 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

American keeper Zach Steffen looked good against France and from the MLS probably wouldn’t cost too much.  

There are other areas we should be looking at prior to gk, personally think steer can do a job, especially if money is that tight.

• Like 4

I’m sure ya’ll are right. But long-term an American in the squad will build an American fan base and for long term stability an international fan base will be a huge plus.  But I think you are right short-term crisis thinking will win the day.  On the other hand.  Short-term thinking is what got us in this mess.  Maybe it’s time to think differently

Edited by srsmithusa

11 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I’m sure ya’ll are right. But long-term an American in the squad will build an American fan base and for long term stability an international fan base will be a huge plus.  But I think you are right short-term crisis thinking will win the day.  On the other hand.  Short-term thinking is what got us in this mess.  Maybe it’s time to think differently

We don't have the money to think differently. 

12 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

We had Guzan for nearly 8 years and didnt really build a fanbase, also had Freidel for about 4 years as well

• Like 2

Brum mail reporting RHM will move up, and we are after one more striker on loan. Can see Kodjia or Hogan leaving too. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/goal-getter-aston-villa-turn-14768755

Aston Villa will integrate Rushian Hepburn-Murphy into the first-team next season.

The 19-year-old is set to go on the pre-season training camp to Portugal with the seniors at the start of next month.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 2

Get some tanks in.

Get some athletes in.

Get some youth that will run through brick walls every 3 days.

Kyle Walker Peters loan

Tuanzebe loan

Tomori loan

Onomah loan

Kieran Dowell loan

All on relatively low salaries and won't be getting much game time at their parent clubs this season.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Loans are the way to go. Young, hungry and talented. All brought in to complement a playing style that suits grealish. Fit and fast. 

Oh we tried that one before to miserable results though lots of them were missing the talented part

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

We had Guzan for nearly 8 years and didnt really build a fanbase, also had Freidel for about 4 years as well

Actually, it was the first time many Americans heard of Aston Villa.  Most that followed us for that time have forgotten and moved on.  They could come back.  

3 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Fit and fast beat us at Wembley.  Like the idea of 

Davis / Adomah

green.                     Grealish.                RHM                

RHM isn't a winger, not by any stretch of the imagination, he's an out and out centre forward, For me, he's better than Davis, although Davis has played for our first team a lot more but RHM has been injured a lot. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

RHM isn't a winger, not by any stretch of the imagination, he's an out and out centre forward, For me, he's better than Davis, although Davis has played for our first team a lot more but RHM has been injured a lot. 

I think Davis's hold-up play is better. RHM is more of a shoulder man. 

I think he could work as a 'wide-striker' in a front 3? That's actually Kodjia's best position IMO. 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think Davis's hold-up play is better. RHM is more of a shoulder man. 

I think he could work as a 'wide-striker' in a front 3? That's actually Kodjia's best position IMO. 

I agree that Davis's hold up play is better but RHM's isn't bad at that at all

Not for me, RHM would be wasted out wide, his finishing is too good, he needs to be the main man

I think Kodjia is best as the main striker too 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Loans are the way to go. Young, hungry and talented. All brought in to complement a playing style that suits grealish. Fit and fast. 

Rubbish 

Theres only way out of this mess - buy and buy big - if that means big fee's and big wages so be it ! 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree that Davis's hold up play is better but RHM's isn't bad at that at all

Not for me, RHM would be wasted out wide, his finishing is too good, he needs to be the main man

I think Kodjia is best as the main striker too 

Yep, RHMs finishing is superb, I genuinely thought he had a chance of first team footy towards the end of last season, absolutely on fire for the U23s and most definitely an out and out striker for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Yep, RHMs finishing is superb, I genuinely thought he had a chance of first team footy towards the end of last season, absolutely on fire for the U23s and most definitely an out and out striker for me.

Let's just hope he stays fit now 

• Like 1

Â