Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

If we got Jack Wiltshire on loan we could play some amazing football the two Jacks linking up.

I would try and swap Adomah back with Adamah Traore. Last seasons team was solid but not enough pace especially down the flanks.

I'm still not decided whether I'd want Snodgrass back. He gave me some euphoria with last minute winners but his no show in the final disappointed me immensely. and We need to be rapid down the flanks.

If Jono doesn't want to come back try and get Hart.

We need to go all out for the title this season. Hit the ground running from day 1.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He was playing for our U23s at the end of the season, he wasn't at Grimsby.

Sometimes, when a player is out on loan they come back and play u23s football, I think this is what happened here, could be wrong though 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Jon Flanagan and Joel Robles are out of contract, I'd take either of them

Didn’t Flanagan get done for beating his girlfriend up in public?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Yes.

Scumbag.

Ok, I thought as much. Probably more suited to the delinquents down the road, he can join their hall of fame for scumbaggery!

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh yes, I forgot about that, sorry for suggesting him

No worries, I thought that might be the case.

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

If we got Jack Wiltshire on loan we could play some amazing football the two Jacks linking up.

I would try and swap Adomah back with Adamah Traore. Last seasons team was solid but not enough pace especially down the flanks.

I'm still not decided whether I'd want Snodgrass back. He gave me some euphoria with last minute winners but his no show in the final disappointed me immensely. and We need to be rapid down the flanks.

We need to go all out for the title this season. Hit the ground running from day 1.

This is my favourite post ever. 

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

There is no way Wilshire (who is a free agent) would drop down a division even if we had the money to pay his wages and a signing on sweetener. Adama would cost big money that we don't have in addition to Albert if either player wanted to go back to their old clubs. I would have both Johnstone and Snodders back tomorrow but it was more we couldn't afford to offer them another year than they wanted away. Some nice ideas had we gone up though. UTV.

8 minutes ago, John said:

There is no way Wilshire (who is a free agent) would drop down a division even if we had the money to pay his wages and a signing on sweetener. Adama would cost big money that we don't have in addition to Albert if either player wanted to go back to their old clubs. I would have both Johnstone and Snodders back tomorrow but it was more we couldn't afford to offer them another year than they wanted away. Some nice ideas had we gone up though. UTV.

*I still hold on to a feint hope* that Snodders will return. I think he loved his time here, and if he sits tight at West Ham we may get him heavily subsidised at the end of the loan transfer window. I know, it is a long shot, but unless a PL team comes in for him, we are the biggest club in the Championship even with our recent blip.

* please don’t take my hope away, it is all I have left! ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

What would happen, in terms of FFP, if we managed a swap deal? No fee, just player for player and look at getting someone in on lower wages. 

I'm guessing it would be classed as a free transfer so the full hit but that's just a guess.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Love that you add "in public".

Haha, just fleshing our the detail, I did not mean that it is ok to do it in private either, well unless that is their thing, some people pay good money for that kind of thing!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

Also turned down £8 mill for Chester from Brighton - get £12 mill plus Gollini and we stand to keep Jack - maybe Bruce was right when he said he could keep most of the squad together. 

Well that would be Chester, Terry, Samba, Snodgrass, Grabban, Johnstone, Hutton gone

6 players that started the play-off final and no centre backs. Jack be mad to stay

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh yes, I forgot about that, sorry for suggesting him

Don't apologise SGC. You didn't hit your girlfriend in the street then grab her round the throat, shove her up a wall, hit her again, grab her throat again, shove her against said wall again and when she fell to the ground start kicking her on the floor. You have nothing to be sorry about. England beckoned once before his injury woes, now I expect him to rock up at Bramhall Lane tbh. Liverpool don't let home grown 24yr old England hopefuls leave on a free for no reason. Too much even for them.

Â