Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

On a side note, I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to Tony Pulis sell his vision to an attacking player. 

'Honesty Yannick, the keeper will kick the ball to you every time he gets it, all i want from you is to head it'

Surely the player is going to prefer Villa over Boro. Biased obviously but we’re a bigger club and beat them in the playoffs only a few months ago. The only benefit I can see for Boro is from Everton’s perspective, they may be more open to agreeing to a loan to buy than us given the sales they’ve made this summer. There is an element of risk with his injury but you’d hope our medical team would be up to reviewing that prior to agreeing anything.

Not convinced by Ojo personally based on what I’ve seen but would be happy to be proven wrong. He is young and still developing. 

Hoping we’re in for a centre forward also. 

Not sure about Bolasie tbh!  

Approaching 30 is not best for a player that relies on speed, then there is that injury to take into consideration.

Ill trust Bruce on which winger he wants but Id say that if our hand is being forced now id give him a miss and gamble on one of the others becoming available.

Also, on Bolasie, if the deal is a loan with option to buy, I can’t imagine us wanting to pay what Everton would want for a nearly 30 year old winger who’s had big injury problems recently. They paid around £30m was it? I’d imagine they’ll want to recoup £20m or so. Doesn’t fit with the rumoured philosophy of younger squad/players. 

Maybe Maddison or Ojo are close, and maybe better long term options?

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 3

Bruce said owners want young players.. Hes almost 30. Ojo makes sense. Targett makes sense. Abraham makes sense. All probably gettable if promoted. 

Bolasie also has had a few injury issues lately. I can see why we make have not wanted to pay his wages.. Boro possibly willing to pay more of his wages. 

Although.. Bolasie and Adomah are great friends and he knows Kodjia well too... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Also, on Bolasie, if the deal is a loan with option to buy, I can’t imagine us wanting to pay what Everton would want for a nearly 30 year old winger who’s had big injury problems recently. They paid around £30m was it? I’d imagine they’ll want to recoup £20m or so. Doesn’t fit with the rumoured philosophy of younger squad/players. 

Maybe Maddison or Ojo are close, and maybe better long term options?

Prefer we got both Maddison and Ojo rather than paying big wages to Bolasie. 

• Like 2

As much as I like our signings to be long term and signed with a plan and purpose, when it comes to loan signings I just want them to be as good as possible.

Be they 20, 30 or whatever. If there is a clause to buy it's obviously preferable if they are a bit on the younger side and not already on inflated PL wages.

Moreira and Tuanzebe doesn't make sense to me because of how we have utilized them so far. We didn't need a 4th senior GK and we certainly didn't need yet another bleeping RB.

Since we already have a bloated (albeit comically unbalanced) squad any loans brought in should be starters.

We lack a proper LB and apparently since Tuanzebe isn't one we also lack a CB.

Add to that a winger and a striker and that's 4 positions of which we can fit 3 into the match day squad without putting another loan in the stands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

As much as I like our signings to be long term and signed with a plan and purpose, when it comes to loan signings I just want them to be as good as possible.

Be they 20, 30 or whatever. If there is a clause to buy it's obviously preferable if they are a bit on the younger side and not already on inflated PL wages.

Moreira and Tuanzebe doesn't make sense to me because of how we have utilized them so far. We didn't need a 4th senior GK and we certainly didn't need yet another bleeping RB.

Since we already have a bloated (albeit comically unbalanced) squad any loans brought in should be starters.

Add to that a winger and a striker and that's 4 positions of which we can fit 3 into the match day squad without putting another loan in the stands.

I cannot agree more with the Tuanzebe bit. He's not very good as a right back and having him and Hutton kind of kills our attacks. At least Elmo/RDL know they're meant to get forward and whip crosses in. There have been a few weird decisions and Tuanzebe (as anything other than a CB or maybe even CDM) seems very stupid. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sne said:

this.

seriously, just try to tap the blatant holes with loans that make sense is what we should and need to be doing. the 4th goalkeeper is an odd one. using tuanzebe out of position in a position where we're fully stacked and more is another odd one.

old or young, I don't care. as long as it fills our gaps. and boy are there gaps even though we have a massive squad.

37 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Quite the coup for boro. Worrying.

He's very good at dribbling & (was before his injury) lightning quick.. But he never scores many or gets that many assists.

He's exciting to watch and I'd like to see how it went if he came here, but I'm not that bothered if he chooses to go elsewhere.

Again, I'd rather we got Snoddy back because he's more or less guaranteed to get 10 assists and 5-10 goals a season.  Less spectacular, more effective. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â