Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

On 13. august 2018 at 22:24, villa82 said:

My wish list, incoming loan, option to buy.

RW: Maddison, Peterborough. 

DM: Woods, Brentford. 

both are kept out of the first XI.

Striker: Fernando Forestieri, SheffieldW, if they need cash. or Abraham, Chelsea

LB: Targett, Southampton or Cresswell, West Ham

CD: Gary Cahill, Chelsea

Maddison stayed on the bench yesterday.

woods on the bench for Brentford today. (Starts vs us on wedensday?)

Forestieri starts for Sheffield W today. Abraham out of the squad agianst Arsenal yesterday.

Targett and Cresswell both on the bench yesterday.

Cahill not in Chelsea's squad. 

Forestieri and Cresswell I think will stay at their clubs.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Maddison stayed on the bench yesterday.

woods on the bench for Brentford today. (Starts vs us on wedensday?)

Forestieri starts for Sheffield W today. Abraham out of the squad agianst Arsenal yesterday.

Targett and Cresswell both on the bench yesterday.

Cahill not in Chelsea's squad. 

Forestieri and Cresswell I think will stay at their clubs.

Maddison and Woods are both top performers for their clubs, and have both been linked with moves. So i don't think it's behond the realms of possibility to speculate that their omissions from starting 11's is a result of such speculation.

Like you, I'd be amazed if Forestieri left Wednesday.

Abraham isn't good enough for Chelsea imo so will go out on loan. 

Cahill I'd imagine would have PL interest  

The next week or so will certainly be interesting.

I find it interesting that Terry hasn't gone anywhere yet. Yes he's signed some media gig but he was at pains over the summer to point out that he hasn't retired.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I find it interesting that Terry hasn't gone anywhere yet. Yes he's signed some media gig but he was at pains over the summer to point out that he hasn't retired.

I thought that we might  get another year from JT but when asked last week about him Bruce said it won’t happen as the owners have made clear they want to go for younger hungry players - however if we can’t get the players we want I’d guess Bruce could  ask the question again .

im surprised axel is not at centre half but I think we need a striker , winger and left back if we can 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Maddison and Woods are both top performers for their clubs, and have both been linked with moves. So i don't think it's behond the realms of possibility to speculate that their omissions from starting 11's is a result of such speculation.

Like you, I'd be amazed if Forestieri left Wednesday.

Abraham isn't good enough for Chelsea imo so will go out on loan. 

Cahill I'd imagine would have PL interest  

The next week or so will certainly be interesting.

Premier league clubs can’t loan any players in so hopefully we are an attractive choice for those players .

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

JT but when asked last week about him Bruce said it won’t happen as the owners have made clear they want to go for younger hungry players

I'm pretty sure he included Snodgrass out at the same time - unless it was at an earlier stage when he was asked the same question. IIRC, he said he wanted to get both back but the owners were not having it. I do think it was more than a week ago he said that, so could easily be different interviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I thought that we might  get another year from JT but when asked last week about him Bruce said it won’t happen as the owners have made clear they want to go for younger hungry players - however if we can’t get the players we want I’d guess Bruce could  ask the question again .

im surprised axel is not at centre half but I think we need a striker , winger and left back if we can 

Never saw any lack of  hunger in John Terry TBH, despite his immense age. I’d gladly have him back for another year.

• Like 2

Just now, briny_ear said:

Never saw any lack of  hunger in John Terry TBH, despite his immense age. I’d gladly have him back for another year.

Me too. If we are going with Bruce this season then Terry is a no brainer, would sure up a lot, overnight.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Makes sense why he's playing Axel at right back now, he's trying to make out we need another centre back so he can get Terry back.

I'm with the owners with this one I'm afraid, we need a younger fitter squad. Don't think Terry was half as good last year as people make out on here. Besides he hasnt kicked a ball since the playoff final and will need lots of time to get up to speed, not sure he could motivate himself as he's probably accepted deep down no one is signing him. 

Having said that if Bruce thinks Jedinak is the answer then get Terry in ASAP

FWIW.....I love John Terry, and pleased we signed him......but you are right Imo

particularly after his injury.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Slow though Briny.....but yeah as it stands i would too.

18 hours ago, KSV said:

Kodjia Abraham Bolasie front three. Yes please. Green isn't ready to play so many games yet. Adomah looks terrible.

We need to sign Huth on a free and maybe Cresswell on loan at lb. Sorted.

A Bristol City fans nightmare :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Makes sense why he's playing Axel at right back now, he's trying to make out we need another centre back so he can get Terry back.

I'm with the owners with this one I'm afraid, we need a younger fitter squad. Don't think Terry was half as good last year as people make out on here. Besides he hasnt kicked a ball since the playoff final and will need lots of time to get up to speed, not sure he could motivate himself as he's probably accepted deep down no one is signing him. 

I've literally seen people call him a "Villa Legend" and claim Chester was not half the player he was before he came in. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Abraham I think might be another Carlton Cole. Not seeing anything from him to think otherwise

What gives you this impression? Not many 20 year olds have scored 26 goals in one season, I think he’s outstanding 

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

It was a delight to see Terry's distribution and intelligence last season. It seems to me though that his performance did dip towards the end so maybe that "one more season" was best for both sides. 

• Like 1

Â